Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Raccoon Lodge!

Tell us Raccoons who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this Raccoon Lodge.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around in our virtual lodge a lot to share a virtual drink and play a virtual round of snooker/pool.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey you

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 07:02 #3022

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Gelukkig Nieuwjaar to all... :cool:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 09:09 #3023

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
i smell something...

holdi

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 11:18 #3024

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
OYF, could it be that perhaps they have the smell of that infamous "inflection point"? Let's hope so! :grin:

d9

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 11:49 #3025

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
D9 - nice association... :grin:

Since I have my old Dreamweaver built pages running on my own computer nowadays (local Xammp server) - it is very little effort to dig up old content from those pages. The "We can smell the inflection point" speech from Marc Hedrick is a classic, yes- which we should not forget.

It celebrated its 5 year anniversary in November last year... :winky: - so here you go...

Ren Benjamin - Rodman & Renshaw
This is a follow up to that. The inflection point that I think both Marks have mentioned, how do you characterize that? I mean I understand it’s easy to see as far as revenues going up. But what do you need to see prior to that being registered, let’s say, on a P&L statement?
Marc H. Hedrick,
We can smell the inflection point. With my clinical background you have to make a diagnosis in the field what’s holding things back from the perspective of increasing adoption, people buying the technology, putting it in their practice. And driving through-put by the number of consumable sales. But I think the four things that we tried to outline in the (shareholder-)letter on which I will focus now, will contribute in reaching that inflection point. And with this caveat, we can’t predict when it’s going to happen. But we feel confident it will. And we just need to drive as hard as we can to achieve that.
So, number one, is making our customer, physician, practices successful. Doctors aren’t used to selling cell therapy and stem cell related technology. Therefore require marketing and sales support. We’ve done some internal restructuring. We are working incredibly hard, devoting a lot of resources to putting tools into doctor’s practices to make it easy for them and their business. Folks within the practice to sell the technology.
We’ve added a new Vice President, David Oxley, to run our sales marketing group.
Additionally, there’s a clear interest on the consumer side for the technology. So when we have any physician that’s particularly astute in marketing goes out and gives a presentation or gets some media attention, the number of calls that flood the practice almost closes down their phone lines. And so, you really see patients saying, yes I want stem cell treatment X or stem cell treatment Y. We’re starting to see the beginning in Cytori as we develop this of a direct marketing (push-) to consumer approach (pull-), that will grow in scale with the business. And that includes increased media exposure, trying to leverage a focus on local markets and minimize costs initially, but growing that. So, there’s this whole marketing and sales support function that’s been increasing, growing and morphing over time.
The second part of that, is improving the features and benefits of the technology. Perhaps you remember the press release of a few weeks ago, where we put out a major new release of the (Celution) software that’s really geared towards allowing the doctor to have more tissue volume available and cell volume to treat individual patients.
On a practical level that means in a lot for patients, whereas before they could only do one cup size breast augmentation, now they can do two cup sizes, for example. So not only broadening the utility of the technology, but also decreasing the time so it works better in the patient/doctor workflow. And the doctor can basically boost his pay per hour during the day using the technology. It therefore improves the practice economics.
And then there is the ongoing basis to pure graft technology that’s coming out, Celution One, the Olympus version that’s coming. And perhaps things in the future, are all geared towards enhancing the product of features and benefits and its use in the practice.
And two other things to highlight, one I highlighted previously, which is better tailoring the channel model by letting GE do what GE does best, let Cytori do what Cytori does best. And the same with MBA and going direct in places, where maybe we haven’t before and capturing that margin. They’re all important in tailoring that channel model to make it more successful.
And then finally, well we haven’t really touched on it, is our US regulatory strategy. We’re happy that we’re going to be a device. We hope we’re going to be a 510(k). And as soon as we get regulatory approval in the US, then we look forward to launching the Celution family of products in the US where we think demands are already there. So all those things together, I think, drives towards an inflection point. And having the number of people that we have in the field, interacting with the customer, having customers coming to San Diego and taking a tour and seeing the technology, hearing the presentation. All this lead us to the strong belief that inflection point is coming.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 13:03 #3026

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
they smelling that the tech is working,new areas could be accelerate (China USA) the cost can minimize (new ctr2), a business can be driven where the tech is allowed (okyanos, EU, Japan) and in 2015 a higher adation rate is possible (KT Lim and Okyanos). That all together could be the "new inflection point"

holdi :woohoo:

holdi

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 13:06 #3027

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
wow long time ago...

they should drive the adaption and second patents and technology

holdi

holdi

Hey you 01 Jan 2015 13:08 #3028

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
D9...should be infection point relating to the lingering abscess of what is left of poor decision makers including the BOD ! What do you see for 2015 sales ? I think we at least need CXT2 or whatever its going to be called before we have a chance of real change in prospects despite a possible 5 million Lorem order.

Happy New Year to the Lodge !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites