• Page:

TOPIC: Conference Call

Conference Call 03 Mar 2016 18:08 #6544

• rothco619
  • rothco619's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
While the tone of the call was upbeat, I remain skeptical . What do you think ?
1. With so many irons in the fire, that should be drivers of revenue, I ask management to not reverse split this stock. Long term share holders have been decimated by poor management. While I applaud the job Tiago is doing, when I hear about all the savings and cost cutting , it enrages me at the waste under CC and Saad. What if the company had been run financially as it is now efficiently we would not be strapped for cash. Management rather then once again having shareholders take the hit, of reverse and further dilution,go to the ATM and then execute. If Mark is " more confident then ever " prove it. If you are convinced there will be a stream of revenue and we will be at break even by 2018 why reverse here at .20.
2. I assume that all of what we were told in the call was presented to the SEC. If the lenders believed enough to extend credit terms why did SEC not grant extension ?
3. As we suspected Lorem is done. There will be no revenue from purchases. They have not been a good partner. KT Lim is cheap. He is not going to change. Doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Why renegotiate terms. Management has seen that Lorem has been inadequate. Do not enable them, find the right partner. Cut ties.
4. We are powerless to stop r/s or control Rickey from dispersing shares like a drunken sailor now that he controls compensation. Long term shareholders have been so diluted or like many of you wiped out as warrants expired worthless so all the votes are in the hands of those that were awarded shares for free, or given away to the crook financiers that have hijacked the company. Point is shareholders like us have no say, and our votes don't count. The most loyal be dammed. Management should feel the responsibility to do everything in there power to protect loyal share holders. We don't get our shares for free to off set our losses, nor have we collected the salaries and benefit packages paid out all these years of waste.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Conference Call 03 Mar 2016 19:06 #6546

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
On vacation so I haven't heard the call. What's up with KT Lim?

Conference Call 03 Mar 2016 20:00 #6547

• rothco619
  • rothco619's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Lim, did not fulfill purchase obligation set forth in agreement. Cytori was only going to ship Cellution machines with upfront payments. Did not happen. Lorem has done nothing, not even create a decent website to tell the story. Look at there website look at mine www.slippers.com . If I had KT's cash I would have returned him 10xs his wildest dreams. KT belongs where he made his money. We need a partner with his real estate acumen in biotech. Move on or set clear and enforceable milestones to keep the license. What do you have to loose. If we are truly about to cross the goal line then put up or shut up.

Conference Call 03 Mar 2016 20:40 #6548

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Roth, Lorem is not able to do what they had planned.K T Lim has no background in the medical device business. I think they will return the license (entirely or partly) back to CYTX. If so, John Harris will have more flexibility to grow the market particularly in Singapore and in certain medical areas (particularly in the plastic/cosmetic surgery) in China.

I think John Harris is the person to keep an eye on. If he is able to turn things around in Japan and China, he maybe our man to replace Hedrick as CEO.

Conference Call 03 Mar 2016 21:11 #6549

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Comments on rothco's points

Point 1.
I mostly agree or at least understand your points here however I believe the R/S is likely going to happen if for no other reason than to make the ATM more effective. The more important thing imo was they appear to understand that the R/S must be done properly. Done in a way that prevents any further repeat of delisting notices and also a PPS that institutions can invest with.
1:10 the dream
1:20 may have to be reality
1:25 total failure
Point 2.
I assume you mean NASDAQ not SEC. Anyway, it is what it is. I agree they should have gotten the extension.
Let the conspiracy theories begin !
Point 3.
I will add that imo the Lorem deal died with cardiac.
I cant really blame him. A instant renegotiation of the original deal. The controversy on the halt with the phase 2 cardiac trial and its disclosure. (who knows what Lim was told and when). Who knows what else went on between the parties. I think rothco makes a very valid point on keeping partnerships with a knowledge base within the medical field.
Point4.
I will add the common shareholder is really powerless in all public companies.
##################################################
Some of my own additional comments:
1.Sales remain very dismal even with the self pay environment we are in.
Management offers no parameters to judge further beyond aesthetics market in Japan followed by sales for trials.
Some just for fun numbers.
Avg consumable selling price $2500 = 622 patients treated in the quarter
At $2000=778 patients treated in the quarter
And geez before someone starts screaming WE ARE SELLING A DRUG NOW...LOL :grin: :really:

2. 2018 characterized as breakeven by year end. Maybe a bit of under promise padding just in case ?
Who knows...I'll believe the numbers when I see them

3. 3.5 million warrants remained. Interesting.

4. Lorem discussed by rothco twice in this thread and I added some comments above. If we part ways I wont be upset at this point and may even work out as a positive longer term.

5. Some cardiac data to be presented at conference May4-May7. Sorry seems I didn't write down which conference.

6. In a surprise communication with shareholders Hedrick listed the likely partnership order that could happen.
EU Scleroderma
Japan
OA
It does seem they are fairly confident on something happening that will provide at least some non-dilutive cash which would be very welcome. The indications or order probably shouldn't be a real surprise either but the public disclosure for the average shareholder is a communication first that I remember ! (CC and Dean days not with standing. They were more vague and well we know those results)

7. I believe they said $33 million left on the ATM. Where the financials end up is unknown but did they FINALLY learn the lesson of raising a bit more than they think they need ????

Generally sales remain crappy. D- grade
I felt they did a decent job in overall communication of where we are and where they want to go and the plan for getting there...so I'll give them a B grade for that part.

I look forward to what others have to offer

Conference Call 04 Mar 2016 02:57 #6552

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Just for other interested shareholders- I have NOT listened yet, but will take it easy- will do my daily exercises first and will enjoy my breakfast after that.

I have read all the filings- which means the team has done a good job and is prepared for all eventualities, which a management team SHOULD do.

What is NOT good- that as of March 4th 2016- we are STILL in this state of limbo and uncertainty which very much smells of the state we were in at the end of the years 2011 and 2012, where expectations were raised which could not be kept, which is the usual story with Cytori.

Time will tell.

The major decision makers are still the same now as they were in those days- 2011 and 2012. :really:

Just one other note- Seeking Alpha already released the transcript so instead of listening to Hedrick & Co who are not always very "clear", you may opt to read what has been said:

Link : Seeking Alpha Transcript

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Conference Call 04 Mar 2016 07:58 #6553

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I finished reading the transcript and must confirm- yes- a lot of information was provided and I will tune back into the recorded event to just listen to John Harris. If he gets Japan going according to its potential, maybe we can listen to our new future CEO..which we- I believe- are still very much in need of... :whistle:

To underscore that again- the guy who poses relevant questions is Dave Musket of ProMed- this is his piece.....from the Seeking alpha Transcript- just linked on the prior post...

Our next question comes from David Musket with ProMed.
Thanks and appreciate all the details here. Now you have different perception of the way the street felt about your OA data than you did, and to the extent that that's one of your prime candidates for a non-dilutive partnering deal, do you have any sense as to when we might see a little bit more of the metrics from that trial that would help us get on the same page that you are?
Marc Hedrick
Hi, Dave. Thanks for the question. Yes. So I think we'll be able to talk publicly about the trial after we've reviewed the 48-week data and just so to bring everyone up to speed, so in the ACT-OA trial, we've built in a 24 week pre-specified end point at that time and we looked at the data. These sorts of pre-specified end points are, it's not unusual to build those in, and but in particular cases, where the trial is heavily based on patient reported outcomes, it becomes critical to maintain the blind and integrity of that data, because the key investment after the trial is going to be 48 weeks, which is probably around the Q3 timeframe and we will see that data and make that public.
So we've got to maintain the integrity of the data. Yeah. We could put all the data out there, we contemplated that and discussed that internally and just felt like that it was the best thing for the trial and ultimately for the company to maintain a limited blind, report the top level data, which frankly was - even though it was early, it was encouraging to us as to whether that’s a cell fact [ph] above and beyond what we saw in placebo.
So just to summarize, yeah, it, looks like it's going to be, but as we look at the 48-week data, we will evaluate the data, reveal that publicly and then we will have our decisions ready about how to move forward with the Phase 3 or further development work.
David Musket
Thank you. Do you expect that there will be any possibility of partnering that project before the 48 week data is available?
Marc Hedrick
Well, hard to know. Here is my guess. A key benefit to us of having a 24-week data is that we can now have at least a limited un-blinded set to go, talk to partners which is exactly what we are doing. So the partners we have been talking to prior to that knew the basis of putting that trial and that data is being shared under CBA with those partners and we think we can use that to help prepare partners for discussion in the 48 week data. So I think it does accelerate it.
However, I think in terms of how I would prioritize our partnering discussions, first and foremost is to identify European partner for scleroderma. We think that's where we have the greatest chance of getting a significant therapeutic partnership. Number two is Japan, given all the other things that are going on over there in our history there and the data, and so forth. And then I think probably third in that is OA, I think it's possible to have a partner go for that 48 week data is available, but I think that is probably less likely than not, I think the partner is likely to wait until the 48 week data.

The other interesting topic certainly was on the rights offering, which I basically think is the way to go in financing and used to be the modus here in Europe for quite a while- simply since it is the fairest way of financing.

Problem is- Hedrick is too late now- he already GAVE AWAY THE COMPANY (the a........)

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Conference Call 04 Mar 2016 09:51 #6554

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Not a big fan of rights offerings myself
They happen but are rare here in the US

I also think we need more than the $40 million DOV suggested.
I am in the $53-$60 million range

Conference Call 04 Mar 2016 15:11 #6555

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas and All,

Hedrick has been in charge for 2 years, during this time the stock price has gone down 90%. Based on this report card, should he stay?

Conference Call 04 Mar 2016 17:27 #6556

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There is no one to manage this right now...so we are stuck with what we have.

It also seemed no one was willing to lend money here as to many promises were broken

That left horrendous financings as a savior w/o which we would already be claiming total losses on our tax forms.

The trifecta of doom set us up and what was left was a hot mess. :evil:

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 08:56 #6557

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas and All.

I read the Seeking Alpha CYTX transcript after listening the webcast. I think John Harris has some very good plan for Japan, China and Southeast Asia.

I think he wants to emphasize parts 1 and 2, which were really what Calhoun and Hedrick intended to do in the US before launching the cardiovascular clinical trials. The new Japanese "FDA" guidelines would permit the celution system to be relaunched what was originally planned.

Based on Harris' presentation and a recent interview (posted by someone here), he wants to play down sales and marketing in the clinical r/d arena as major revenue resources. I think these Japanese clinicals should be considered market awareness seeding studies, with potential lead to far distant future pivotal phase 3 trials (if there is money to do so).

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 09:38 #6558

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Japanese clinicals should be considered market awareness seeding studies, with potential lead to far distant future pivotal phase 3 trials***

Agree Harris seems ready for action but with regard to the above statement...patents only last so long.
At least with scleroderma EU with have orphan drug protection.
Some other indications may fit into the orphan model but the larger ones will not.
There is still time but the point is time has its limits.

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 09:59 #6559

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
all this conference call nonsense bores me. Not one mention of breast enhancement. Don't worry all, I've got a backup plan!

If you subscribe to my website for the low low price of $9.99 a month, I'll send you a CD. (Shipping and handling not covered in cost)

Forward looking statement -
The year is 2020, stock price at an all time high of $85 pps, and Cytori approves a split and I can finally get my shares back. :-/

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 11:26 #6560

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
1 to 2 cents (pre- RS) is my price target.

To cover :grin:

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 11:44 #6561

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
CDG
***Not one mention of breast enhancement.***

What do you think the aesthetics market in Japan mostly is ?

cytxer
***1 to 2 cents (pre- RS) is my price target***
You were very quiet during to run to $0.21....about time you popped back in.
I see you gave up on your 10 cent call
You must also be disappointed the board wont be considering your 50 to 100 R/S parameters...its OK though because my dream of 1:10 isn't looking real good right now either.

Conference Call 05 Mar 2016 13:19 #6562

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

myownhedgefund wrote: CDG
***Not one mention of breast enhancement.***

What do you think the aesthetics market in Japan mostly is ?

cytxer
***1 to 2 cents (pre- RS) is my price target***
You were very quiet during to run to $0.21....about time you popped back in.
I see you gave up on your 10 cent call
You must also be disappointed the board wont be considering your 50 to 100 R/S parameters...its OK though because my dream of 1:10 isn't looking real good right now either.

Hedge, the only thing that I gave up, was on Cytori when it was in the low $ 2s, remember?
Also, I did mention .10 to .30 trading range.

So, no this is more like "keep moving, there is nothing to see here".

BTW - .2 cents much lower than .10 cents :winky:

Conference Call 07 Mar 2016 13:32 #6563

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS and Hedge,

I think the Seeking Alpha transcript contains some errors, not from transcription but from Hedrick himself (either because he does not speak clearly or he makes mistakes). One obvious error is the NASDAQ deadline for $ 1 compliance- it should be the end of May, not March.

Tiago Girao mentions Lorem is not able to fulfill the purchase agreement in 2015 and then he mentions more discussion on this subject later. Because of the way the conference call is conducted, the Lorem contract is discussed by Harris and others. It is clear from this conference call and the previous conference call (3rd Q), Lorem is making presence in a Chinese plastic surgeons conference with helps from CYTX (November, 2015). I believe Lorem has tremendous problems in the past 12 months, selling celution systems for various specific medical indications, such as cardio, diabetic, etc.

Harris is right in his steps 1 and 2 approach for both Japan and for China/Southeast Asia, and put step 3 in the back burner. In other words, the current building block in China should start with plastic surgeons, who can do liposuction and body reconstruction. If KT can link with some private medical clinics in China, then he can try step 2. Steps 1 and 2 clearly point out celution marketing strategy in Asia is 510 K/medical device approach and not indication specific. This is why Harris is not really endorsing doing company sponsored scleroderma and OA trials in Japan and China, because these utiliity would fall under step 2 of his approach (based on foreign clinical data).

However, Harris's Asian strategy cannot be used in the US, for obvious reasons - current FDA guidelines.(For the US, this indication specific for this and other orphan indications, as a starting point for sales and marketing.) How about EU? Maybe for EU, the current building block there would start with scleroderma MAP and then branching out (step 2 of the Asian strategy). If so, this scenario would have major implications for a EU partnership - this partnership should not be scleroderma specific, it should cover many other EU (already) approved indications and maybe other future indications. I think it is very difficult to find a partner just for the scleroderma indication in EU. Once the medical device is out there, people will use it for many other indications (private pays if celution system really works).

Conference Call 07 Mar 2016 20:11 #6564

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, I heard Hedrick mention the March 31 date as well...simple mistake...we know its the 31st of May

Lorem has been a mystery since day one.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites