• Page:

TOPIC: Vital Organ trials?

Vital Organ trials? 21 May 2013 03:28 #479

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
During the last presentation at the Annual Regenerative Medicine investor day there was a slide showing the translational trials being undertaken by researchers around the world. Fas has put it up on his home page.

When initially viewing this slide and listening to the presentation the primary focus was on the number of trials being undertaken, and their geographic dispersion. However at the bottom left hand corner there is a broad breakdown of the types of trials being undertaken. In Vital Organs it says that there are 8 trials being undertaken. We know two of them are being undertaken by CYTX ie. Athena and Advance in the cardiac space. It is also fair to assume that Astellas is doing something in the lung space.

Any ideas about who and/or what the other 5 trials being undertaken in the vital organ space are? :KO:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vital Organ trials? 21 May 2013 04:05 #480

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry, I meant to say LIVER for Astellas, not lung.

In the presentation MH mentioned that they are active in trying to partner Renal. I assume that some human trials have been undertaken in this indication. Any idea of potential partners?

Vital Organ trials? 21 May 2013 14:23 #481

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Yeah- I like that- lets do some guessing- first- how many vital organs are there?

A kids lesson says following- so 5 vital organs and 8 clinics

So- we have heart- sure thing -2x and there was one announced in Japan for 1 or 2 HF patients- surely thats finished now(so will not count that)
Renal- in 2009 they started a clinic already- but than came new Japanese legislation in 2010. Surely they started all over again if that was promising. My guess- at least 1.
Liver- the two trials at clinicaltrials.gov were "terminated" (but also completed I believe). Tom once told me that was bad wording and did not mean they were unsuccessful. My guess would be there is 1 ongoing again too.
Lungs- no indication whatsoever that something is going on there. Mitsuo appears to have indicated that this could be the most promising app though. With intravenous admin of cells the cells would travel to the lungs first, which would make it an easy treatment for COPD and stuff like that. But I will pass on that one.
Brain- now it becomes interesting- what did CC write to me?- "On the neuro side – there are indications where I expect this will work and some that I don't expect it to work.". Ischemic stroke would be a hot candidate. I pick that one. If we call MS a vital organ app instead of auto-immune- I would go for that one too.
Total 6 although 8 are ongoing. maybe they consider the pancreas a vital organ? I would go for 2 clinics there right away. :grin:

Sorry I cannot tell you more- but these are my best guesses... :evil:
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Vital Organ trials? 21 May 2013 18:21 #482

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the comments Fas. I like your choices, however it seems we both forgot erectile disfunction. This is definitely the organ with the most growth potential.

Humor aside it is mind blowing that a company with the potential ability to treat so many indications, not to mention wound, soft tissue and ortho/sport injuries can be valued at only $170M. If it wasn't my money, it would be a joke.

While watching MH in the ARM presentation video I noticed around the 12 minute mark where he was talking about the intentions of BP wanting to partner with companies with growing revenue and implying that BP was waiting for more advanced data ......... he scratched his nose......... lying? .......... maybe we are closer to a deal than expected .......... or maybe I am desperate and have finally been driven to interpreting the nasal itches of CYTX executives ........

Vital Organ trials? 22 May 2013 02:48 #483

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

Thanks for the comments Fas. I like your choices, however it seems we both forgot erectile disfunction. This is definitely the organ with the most growth potential.

Now that you mention it John. If we have heart in "vital organ", we have to find candidates for the "ischemia" group in the slide. I think PVD should be advanced in Japan and the other candidate I have highlighted in the sentence below, although it could also be ED, which is known to be applied in Singapore or there abouts. That Cytori does not forget the male population is clear too. :woohoo: :joy:

Skin is also a big area that we have been working on – everything from the radiation necrosis to burns and wounds are included with some quiet work that goes so far as tissue enhancement (not only breast, but male organ enlargement – we don't want to get people distracted with this aesthetic stuff and rather focus on the bigger and more lucrative medical therapeutics) as well as hair growth – which again, seems to be related to ischemia in part.

:happy:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.636 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites