TOPIC: Can Hedrick say much more ?

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 10:06 #8838

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Not sure what more can be said.
Obviously todays announcement anticipated.
I wouldnt mind some digesting the gains before moving higher.
Floating around the 200 dma right now
I wonder if now management can now get their options awarded.

I will miss afternoon trading but what ever happens I think we should take note of something important.

Cytori executed the Azaya deal as stated and within the stated timeframe !!!

Perhaps a miracle in itself, but I wouldn't mind it repeating a lot more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 10:54 #8840

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

myownhedgefund wrote: Not sure what more can be said.
Obviously todays announcement anticipated.
I wouldnt mind some digesting the gains before moving higher.
Floating around the 200 dma right now
I wonder if now management can now get their options awarded.

I just listened to the event and although the presentation was the usual professional performance, albeit could use more emotion and drive/zeal, it was a bit disappointing that Hedrick only used 20 minutes of his allotted half hour and breezed thru the slides like we all know whats going on. He did not care to explain anything on the cytokines/vesicles i.e. nano- particle technology and all the stuff (speculations) we have gone thru and seem to assume that we all know.

I guess that means that my/our speculations are correct....????:whistle:

Having digested this all. I feel very comfy and am excited about the future opportunities. Somehow I think they will work out this time. :grin:

Hedge- on the options bit- yes, I think they will come now- despite nothing on IDIS and despite nothing on potential CCT partner deals. I know our friends over there. Own pocket first. :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 11:02 #8841

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
The presentation slides are great!

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 11:31 #8843

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I listened to the call. My impressions:

1) The off-the-shelf delivery system of extracellular vesicles (if that is what it is) is PRECLINICAL, so at this point it's not really relevant. However, I view it as Cytori's acknowledgement that the autologous model is commercially a major disadvantage.

2) Slide only showed 3rd quarter cash position of $14.97MM when they surely could have disclosed 12/31 data or current cash balance. No mention of capital raising efforts which is key as $17 MM debt has begun amortizing.

3) They MUST come through with upfront cash for their bio equivalent chemotherapy drug SOON. I still don't understand why any company would go through Cytori to obtain a partner unless they struck out on their own, especially given Cytori's difficult, to put it mildly, financial situation.

4) No mention of IDIS revenues. What happened?

5) I see no partner for OA because the data were weak and the autologous model is still problematic to partnering opportunities.

6) I believe Cytori they will have positive scleroderma results in the STAR trial but monetizing will take time and money. Not sure how they get there without much more damage through dilution.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 11:42 #8844

• fas

franshei wrote: The presentation slides are great!

Franshei-

Can I ask you a favor please?

Since you have "grown up" on the pharmacological side of medicine and surely are also conversant with the chemo stuff which Cytori just - finally- acquired from Azaya- could you become the "Champion" of those liposomal compounds?

My personal history with cancer kind of forbids me to even touch the subject- lets say, I am very sensitive towards it.

Would appreciate your help here- you can always get help in technical matters as images/video´s and stuff- just use the internal message system in the Lodge or my external email- This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I could also set up a separate category with you as Moderator- whatever you prefer.

Thanks

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 11:43 #8845

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Point #2 of wst's post, the Company under SEC rules cannot disclose its y/e cash balance until the Company releases its y/e results through an SEC filing.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 12:04 #8846

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Incorrect. They can disclose approximate year end cash balance as long as they do it publically. Reg FD.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 12:59 #8847

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Yes, they can disclose the cash balance, but they would have to file a From 8-K immediately.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 13:07 #8848

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS,

After I have listened and gone through the presentation slides, I would say CYTX has acquired a gold mine. The AZA assets on CYTX's book (with the outstanding shares) would worth at least $ 25 per share.

When Fujisawa acquired Lyphomed, there was two highly neglected assets in liposomal technology. One was Ambisome (joined venture with Vestar) and the other is a general A. Rama technology from Georgetown. Amibsome (I was the head honcho on the Lyphomed side) became a major success and Nagimori, the Japanese manager, who took over the project when I left the company to become a cofounder of SuperGen, would finally become the Chairman of Astella. Paul Schmidt, Roger Crossley and Vestar would finally become a part of Gilead.

John Kapoor (owner of Lyphomed) went to Mr. Aoki of Fujisawa and took over the A. Rama's project. With Rama, Kapoor formed a small biotech in Chicago, which became a $40 stock with just liposomal prelaunched products. (John Kapoor and I came out of Buffalo around the same time and I was a student of G. Levy, the father of bioequivalency and pharmacokinetcs).

There are many forms of liposomal technology and microbublles (some forms of corn starch form Janssen) and I filed a IND for SuperGen on MitoExtra (mitomycin C encapsulated generic product) -Joe Rubinfeld's favorite project.

I see great potential in this CYTX-AZA marriage, if it is properly developed. There is so much I can tell from here (in the area of medical oncology, pharmacokinetics and liposomal sciences).
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas, rodney.strongg

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 13:46 #8850

• fas

franshei wrote: Amibsome (I was the head honcho on the Lyphomed side) became a major success and Nagimori, the Japanese manager, who took over the project when I left the company to become a cofounder of SuperGen, would finally become the Chairman of Astellas.

Franshei- I was thinking Astellas straight away after the announcement of the asset take-over in January. So - you say Nagimori, as Chairman (CEO I presume) is very knowledgeable in liposomal tech - and since Astellas has done years of research on ADRCs, the new set-up seems to favor a liaison in Japan or even globally on certain indications.

As Hedrick mentioned in the January 19 call- the IP already has been adjusted to this technology in the past years-

I have taken note- that the renal, liver, stroke and ischemic wound healing patents recently have been re-newed- :whistle:

Cytori Patent Estate

Can Hedrick say much more ? 15 Feb 2017 14:41 #8854

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Comments re Hedrick's ATI 0918/BE study and other special requirements.

Don't scare by all these wordings. Hedrick may not know too much in this area. This is what it is:

1. All cytoxic agents are carcinogens. Thus, any BE study has to be done in cancer patients.

2. It is still a crossover design in 12 to 24 cancer patients. It was hard to do so 25 years ago(usually done in cancer centers at $ 500 to $1000 per patient). Now CROs can do this (such as in Rush here in Chicago - higher cost). But, Marino can do this at Lambardi Cancer Center. Duration of study in cancer patients with washout in between: 3 months.

3. Watson Pharma maybe interest in both lipo doxo and docetaxel. Watson took in a similar drug-taxol conjugated albumin, with just limited clinical data for $ 100 million, more than 15 years ago (from a young Chinese physcian/now a billionare). CYTX can easily bringing in up to $ 200 million per liposomal cancer drug.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 12:36 #8862

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: I wonder if now management can now get their options awarded.

Surprise, surprise.

Still no option rewards :whistle:

We all agree that they have to come up with some deal money soon- maybe they (the BOD) are really waiting before showing the usual generosity after they (the management) accomplished something that is meaningful for shareholders i.e. PPS also. :yep:

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 14:45 #8863

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree Fas.
Yesterdays 8k suggest a timeline to watch out for:

***(ii) assumed the obligation to pay approximately $2.0 million of Azaya’s existing trade payables, which payments the Company intends to make at or within thirty (30) days after the Closing***

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 15:10 #8864

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas and Hedge and Rodney Strong,

With AZA initial euphoria gone, let us think where would the cash coming from to support all these programs and obligations?

The Cash need is now. The original cash consumption would last to mid year. Now, the current cash consumption plan is cut short by one Q. Should there be any deals to bring in extra cash, it would take time. BARDA money (now it is $ 10 M per Hedrick, instead of & 7-8 M) is project specific.

Hedrick and Tiago have been very dumb in the past 3 years. Are they continuing to be dumb? All these liposomal encapsulaion projects are long term. The view of everything for the company is short term, otherwise there is no long term.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 15:21 #8865

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Mind you, also, that this is a management team who, throughout their history, has never solidified one successful partnership (despite rounds of empty promises); yet, here we are, still listening to Hedrick speak of partnerships in the works, and make definitive statements regarding future partnerships such as "we'll partner that" as if his track record speaks of guaranteed success. It's ironic, to say the very least.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 15:21 #8866

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Due to terms of the loan they always have to keep 1 quarter of cash on the books. So even without the Azaya deal they needed cash by end of March or so.
LP Capital deal may have helped.
Another Oxford loan revision possible.
Best solution a true partnership.
As Fas pointed out....the bone study was off the slide show the other day...could that mean something ? Only time will tell.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 16:46 #8867

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A strong growth model in a highly growing industry, rife with acquisitions to potentially lead a field, can be disastrous. Off topic, but I'm drawing a correlation to Sunedison here: another huge growth sector, with an overly ambitious, yet under funded, management. Cytori better have a plan in place.

(Excuse me if other sector/stock discussions aren't welcomed on the board.)

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 18:02 #8868

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's actually beginning to appear as if the primary objective is to raise the perceived future value under the Cytori umbrella so to speak, without substantially addressing the obvious financial concerns. This leads me to believe that a buyout - with sweet compensation packages for management (from the acquirer) - may be in their stack of cards. While there appears to be a lot of long term value in this Azaya acquisition, nobody can deny the risk and confusion it presents.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 16 Feb 2017 19:55 #8869

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know if a partnership of some sort comes in the next 30 days or not but your scenario is far too complex for these people. (perhaps you forget, they own a clown car)
I will acknowledge a point brought up by WST...lack of IDIS revenues left a very big hole. I mentioned delays late last summer and it was August that talks began with Azaya. Perhaps a line could be drawn but I'll stick with my first statement.
How about this...They thought IDIS would make Azaya deal possible...when the revenues didn't come they looked for alternatives ...in steps LP Capital...but even that may have been a back-up if a partnership didn't come in time...now if all the pieces fall into place LP Capital can be used more effectively after all the news is out. Perhaps even post scleroderma news.
In the end none of us know for sure.
They did one thing, on time and as stated, in the 11 years I've been here. I gave credit for that, now I wait for more execution.
March earnings call will give us a treasury update.

Can Hedrick say much more ? 17 Feb 2017 07:24 #8870

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas and Hedge

Dealing with CYTX (Tiago) one has to be direct and sometimes rude to get them mad and spilling out some truth.

It looks like they know what they are doing to get through some of the obvious financial hurdles. Hedrick and Tiago are on the road talking to investors till next week. In my opinion, when the price is right (with good news such as the STAR data), they may have to raise additional capital, on top of any deals re doxo (which may be enough to cover the AZA load).

I think the other nanomedcine development is in early stages and big money does not need to be spend yet.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites