So since the Cytori "reorganization" announcement there have been two noticeable trends imho.
1. MM's seem to like the $0.36 area for CYTX and have not let it stray far from that mark for any length of time. I will assume this will be the case until they either announce some sort of deal or another massive drop follows the lack of said deal.
2. ATHX seems to be a big benefactor of Cytori's announcement with the PPS rising nicely and another strong move today...at least so far.
[/quote] ATHX seems to be a big benefactor of Cytori's announcement with the PPS rising nicely and another strong move today...at least so far.[/quote]
I do not believe there is any connection at all - First, ATHX is not autologous and would not necessarily attract CYTX s/h interest, Second, ATHX has great potential and could be a big winner regardless of CYTX and Third, ATHX has had a good SP move for less than 2 weeks (much shorter than the CYTX swoon). JMO.
1. A lot of biotechs and stem cells have been up. Companies without recent bad news perform well and companies with some "good news" do even better. I think even CYTX is doing good - better than one would expect.
2. Biotechs/stem cells are mostly small caps. The apparent rally in small stocks as a group can be worrisome, Are we entering the last leg of the Trump bull market? Are we going to see a change of tide soon (beginning late September, October)?
3. The apparent rally in biotechs and stem cells is volatile. It looks like people are in for just quick profit (trading and not investing).
As you say, CYTX is now standing at the crossroad, perhaps the most important one in its entire corporate life. It is really life or death. We are now only 18 days after the reorganization news. It may take some time, but not too much longer (as CASH is running very low), before we may know the verdict. I think the stock may go flatline (in a narrow trading range from below 40 cents to around 30 cents or so). People may not long, till there is some real positive news.
ATHX up again now $290 million market cap
CYTX fractional gain, last nights AH player overpaid again on the laughable 35 share volume on a $12 million market cap. co.
Over half of the days volume in the first 30 minutes of trading in CYTX.
Still having trouble at the 20 dma. Still sub $0.36. However, the trend does seem to be to the purchase side. Its harder to judge weather there is real interest or the bulk of the ones left besides the traders are simply willing to ride to the end.