• Page:

TOPIC: PPS

PPS 20 Nov 2017 15:53 #10602

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Some crazy PPS showings in various places with no news that I can find.

YAHOO had a AH trade @ $0.355
I decided to check NASDAQ.com at they have the close at $0.34 but time and sales close of $0.37XX
and 101 share trade AH at $0.3700 the only trade showing AH and nothing anywhere of $0.355.

Weird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PPS 21 Nov 2017 04:57 #10603

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115

myownhedgefund wrote: Some crazy PPS showings in various places with no news that I can find.

YAHOO had a AH trade @ $0.355
I decided to check NASDAQ.com at they have the close at $0.34 but time and sales close of $0.37XX
and 101 share trade AH at $0.3700 the only trade showing AH and nothing anywhere of $0.355.

Weird.

Do not see anything funny hedge-

Nasdaq and Yahoo both show last trade at 0,3742

Only AH a large trade in the 34 cents range- probably somebody making cash for the RO (I hope) - for me that wouldnt make sense - I do not want to realize tax losses in 2017.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

PPS 21 Nov 2017 05:17 #10604

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Fas
I know NASDAQ site runs with a delay so when checking later last night I finally saw the AH trades posted just as you listed.
I don't really get the reason $0.34 trades either but when I first started to see the well below closing PPS action I thought maybe Cytori was forced to extend the RO. I have found no such news !!!

PPS 21 Nov 2017 08:06 #10605

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Raising money from small investors has been hard for CYTX, as in the last RO. CYTX needs big money managers. I think the 33 cents mark is the result of some kind of negotiation.

For small investors selling at higher PPS in the open market and go for the lows is one way to go. Several weeks ago the PPS at the open market spiked to 87 cents (atter the RO was first announced), with a volume of about 20 million shares. I think some smart traders and probably big money managers might have either cashed out for good or cashed out to make a swing at 33 cents. I think we might have seen a similar (but a smaller) swing with more than 1.4 million shares traded yesterday. If so, the cash flow may take several days to reach Cytori, if there is no bridge fund.

PPS 21 Nov 2017 09:42 #10606

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei
*** I think the 33 cents mark is the result of some kind of negotiation.***

I tend to agree as this has also crossed my mind.

The sad part is $10 million is such a pittance in Wall St. terms and they still basically have to beg. Circle that back to your question on market cap and you see the real players have little faith. Especially with the financial corner Cytori has again painted themselves into.

PPS 21 Nov 2017 11:09 #10609

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

Hedrick said 3 years ago when he became CEO (annual stockholders' meeting): to get the PPS up, support is needed from the institutions and it is hard to talk to them (paraphrased from my memory).

I personally think Hedrick and Girao have been learning over the past few years how to deal with money managers. He had been green before and they may still have hard time dealing with them.

Even for me a small investor, I do not want to talk to them. Last week, Girao emailed me, asking if I would talk to him either on thursday pm or friday am - unfortunately, I did not. Waste of time.

PPS 21 Nov 2017 11:34 #10610

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
They are obviously calling about the RO - does not seem as if you are planning to exercise!

PPS 21 Nov 2017 12:27 #10611

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Last week, Girao emailed me, asking if I would talk to him either on thursday pm or friday am - unfortunately, I did not. Waste of time. ***

LOL
Your learning franshei
The nice thing about small company investing is you get to have your concerns addressed by the top management and good managers have a credible track record.
For me....it was always a waste of time with CYTX
I remember when DOV came on board. He invited me to come to the annual shareholder meeting...I told him he was wasting his time...after years of following their projections I guess he finally found out.
I wonder where we may have been had more capable hands been at the helm ?

PPS 21 Nov 2017 14:37 #10612

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
For some reasons, clinical studies are often successful outside of CYTX. Once the trials come on board, they are often off track.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.819 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites