• Page:

TOPIC: Japan eyes to export regenerative technology

Japan eyes to export regenerative technology 12 Jul 2013 08:25 #630

• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Mention of Terumo who Fas has alluded to.
www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2322009&language=en
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Japan eyes to export regenerative technology 12 Jul 2013 10:35 #631

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Joey-

Yes - this article simply confirms that the Japanese are serious about regenerative medicine and do not intend to keep the learnings and results only for their own population- i.e. make money out of it.

Just as a reminder- the wound healing approvals that Cytori has in Europe were done -NOT ONLY WITH CELLS- but also with Terudermis -the collagen scaffold invented by Terumo, but also the growth factor FGF-2 which is made by Kaken, but on which the Olympus- Terumo JV owns all rights outside Japan. This -by definition- incorporates them in the Cytori marketing approval process. :winky:

see- Wound healing procedure which was the basis of the BARDA contract

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Japan eyes to export regenerative technology 12 Jul 2013 11:57 #632

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas...I was understanding that not all wound treatment had to under-take this process (scaffold and growth factor) such as the article on a foot wound procedure done in Turkey where I thought they simply injected the ARDC gimish directly around the wound and it healed. Sorry...the link no longer worked for me and I discarded it some time ago but I think you may remember this one.
Am I off base in my thinking here ?

Japan eyes to export regenerative technology 12 Jul 2013 12:21 #633

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Hedge- I did see something from Turkey too, but recall they did not go in detail describing the procedure.

Generally- if there is a void or lets say missing tissue, the cells always require a tissue substitute i.e. a scaffold to re-grow or replace the missing tissue. That is with an open wound (where you can see the underlying bone) or with bone defects, where bone is missing or with spinal disk when the disc gel has " a leak" so to speak (nucleus pulposis).

Biomaterials and cells go hand in hand and need each other. My blog article on biomaterials on this page is not for "nothing" the most read article (over 16000 impressions) - it is technically correct and I think its conclusion will materialize also in the near future after seeing Olympus pick up a lot of money. :happy:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Japan eyes to export regenerative technology 12 Jul 2013 13:37 #635

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
***Hedge- I did see something from Turkey too, but recall they did not go in detail describing the procedure***

You are correct that there wasnt a step by step detail of that procedure. however they did mark the site to be injected and there was a picture of that which seemed to indicate the direct injection route.
As far as the combination of the use of cells and biomaterials I am quite familar but by no means a expert.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites