Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Rickey and Naughton left the company

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 07:23 #11029

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Good or bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 07:56 #11030

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 19

franshei wrote: Good or bad?


My guess is that any change is probably good, but I wouldn't bet the house on this move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 10:17 #11031

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney
FAS knows Rickey. From what I seems to know from the past, many deals failed because of him?
Regarding Naughton, her presence could be a conflict of interest in deal making. She has a stem cells company in San Diego. If CYTX is moving more into the pharma business, she may not fit in?
If there is a deal for the cell therapy area, I think there is a potential catalyst to make it possible: positive 18 month STAR data !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 10:26 #11032

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 19

franshei wrote: Rodney
FAS knows Rickey. From what I seems to know from the past, many deals failed because of him?
Regarding Naughton, her presence could be a conflict of interest in deal making. She has a stem cells company in San Diego. If CYTX is moving more into the pharma business, she may not fit in?
If there is a deal for the cell therapy area, I think there is a potential catalyst to make it possible: positive 18 month STAR data !


The more that I think about it, the more that I am convinced that it is deal related - perhaps, Rickey after all his many years does not want to be subject to a S/H suit for a deal price that even at $5 would result in huge losses for the S/H's during his tenure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 10:33 #11033

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney
My understanding in December into the new year is: R/S is unavoidable. BUT, many things might have happened recently!
These are the tea leaves to read: SABBY reentry, John Kirk still hold shares of the company, Rickey departure, JP Morgan conference disappearance, new hiring in San Antonio.......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 10:41 #11034

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney Re FDA decision
Why would it take so long to reach? Unless, there is a new factor: FDA wants more STAR data. Right now, we are exactly 6 months from the 12 month data readout!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 11:27 #11035

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 19

franshei wrote: Rodney Re FDA decision
Why would it take so long to reach? Unless, there is a new factor: FDA wants more STAR data. Right now, we are exactly 6 months from the 12 month data readout!


Franshei, I have no answer to that question, but I still am positive -- on another subject: the lack of so few posters on this site is quite interesting, particularly when you see that there have been already about 60 views on this brand new topic - obviously, there are still some old-timers that have not yet given up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 11:34 #11036

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Is Calhoun coming back?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 11:58 #11037

  • fas
  • fas's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • May the fat be with you
  • Posts: 3334
  • Thank you received: 1115
4,5 hours within an internet connection- service breakdown, which for me was the first time in 12 years, whilst living in my own home again- seems like eternity.

Anyway- the news today- from the 8-K ---

 On January 25, 2018, as part of the ongoing restructuring of the Company, David M. Rickey and Gail K. Naughton, Ph.D. submitted their resignations as members
of the Board of Directors of Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (the “Company”), effective immediately, and the Board of Directors decreased its size from seven to five
members.  In addition, Richard J. Hawkins was appointed to serve as Chairman to succeed Mr. Rickey.  Mr. Rickey’s and Ms. Naughton’s decisions to resign did
not result from any disagreement with the Company concerning any matter relating to the Company’s operations, policies or practices.   


I think this news should double the PPS- great stuff, but on the other hand Rickey - by his resignation- probably is avoiding future legislation, depending on future events. he is as much responsible for the 99% value decline as Hedrick. For that reason Hedrick should stay- for now- but not too long, in my view.

Hawkins is OK- my bet is he arranged the Azaya deal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Rickey and Naughton left the company 29 Jan 2018 13:23 #11038

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 19

rodney.strongg wrote:

franshei wrote: Rodney Re FDA decision
Why would it take so long to reach? Unless, there is a new factor: FDA wants more STAR data. Right now, we are exactly 6 months from the 12 month data readout!


Franshei, I have no answer to that question, but I still am positive -- on another subject: the lack of so few posters on this site is quite interesting, particularly when you see that there have been already over 80 views on this brand new topic - obviously, there are still some old-timers that have not yet given up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 31 Jan 2018 11:20 #11055

  • franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 790
  • Thank you received: 103
Rodney
How about some entertainment - my out of the box speculation.
CYTX met with FDA and CYTX knows what FDA wants - more clinical trials (probably a phase 3 study in diffuse cutaneous scleroderma).. CYTX is working with FDA on the protocol of the new study.
CYTX needs money and the money is coming from a potential collaborator. This collaborator wants more than just the US. They also wants EU/Japan and other items. The two parties may have some agreements worked out and Rickey wants no part of the deal. (Rickey is always against all kinds of deals.). So Rickey is out. (Rickey may even know the collaborator well.)
Gail Naughton is also out because of conflict of interest ( the collaborator may do similar clinical r/d as Gail's company and the collaborator may take advantage of CYTX in an area/or an item that Gail is very sensitive about).
Just some entertainment.
PS JOHN is right, many of us are making guesses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rickey and Naughton left the company 31 Jan 2018 11:57 #11057

  • rodney.strongg
  • rodney.strongg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 1332
  • Thank you received: 19

franshei wrote: Rodney
How about some entertainment - my out of the box speculation.
CYTX met with FDA and CYTX knows what FDA wants - more clinical trials (probably a phase 3 study in diffuse cutaneous scleroderma).. CYTX is working with FDA on the protocol of the new study.
CYTX needs money and the money is coming from a potential collaborator. This collaborator wants more than just the US. They also wants EU/Japan and other items. The two parties may have some agreements worked out and Rickey wants no part of the deal. (Rickey is always against all kinds of deals.). So Rickey is out. (Rickey may even know the collaborator well.)
Gail Naughton is also out because of conflict of interest ( the collaborator may do similar clinical r/d as Gail's company and the collaborator may take advantage of CYTX in an area/or an item that Gail is very sensitive about).
Just some entertainment.


Franshei, actually you may not be that far off from a real possibility - having said that, I am not happy with the price action the last day and a half - hope we get some volume and movement up later in the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

 

 

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites