TOPIC: AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015

AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015 12 Feb 2018 08:43 #11242

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Rodney
DOV said he did not dig into the AZA/Hospira deal which was cancelled by Pfizer, when Pfizer acquired Hospira (which was Abbotts Generic Drugs, based here in Lake Forest). The original AZA deal was $ 17 billion on paper. Knowing Pfizer's Generic Drug Division (came from Warner Lambert's Chilcot) well, they would not go for such a deal.
AZA has another deal with Canbridge Pharma for ATI 1123 for China, Taiwan and South Korea in 2013. I think CYTX may be able continue with the underlying agreement. It appears to me that Canbridge has published the phase 1 data (CYTX website).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015 12 Feb 2018 09:01 #11243

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18

franshei wrote: Rodney
DOV said he did not dig into the AZA/Hospira deal which was cancelled by Pfizer, when Pfizer acquired Hospira (which was Abbotts Generic Drugs, based here in Lake Forest). The original AZA deal was $ 17 billion on paper. Knowing Pfizer's Generic Drug Division (came from Warner Lambert's Chilcot) well, they would not go for such a deal.
AZA has another deal with Canbridge Pharma for ATI 1123 for China, Taiwan and South Korea in 2013. I think CYTX may be able continue with the underlying agreement. It appears to me that Canbridge has published the phase 1 data (CYTX website).

Great stuff to know. Thanks.

AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015 12 Feb 2018 09:03 #11244

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
***The original AZA deal was $ 17 billion on paper***

I bet Hedrick settles for $10 Billion....LOLOLOL :joy:

AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015 12 Feb 2018 09:50 #11249

• franshei
  • franshei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Rodney
Chandra Singh, an Indian Pharmaceutical Scientist. is the inventor for the AZA Liposomal patent. He tried to take away the patent when he left the company (AZA) to form another company John Kerr fought legally and was able keep the patent - a very valuable patent.
For very good reasons, India has produced great talents in pharmaceutical sciences, better than any other countries in the world. US Pharmacy Schools are now far, far behind in physical pharmacy, after U. of Wisconsin has different emphases and the disappearance of Columbia U. School of Pharmacy and the death of Higochi-Ku of U. of Kansas in Lawrence (Higuchi was really the father of physical pharamcy in the US). Biopharma and Pharmacokinetcs are really the hot topics for US pharmacy.
Thus, many US pharmaceutical companies are still drawing pharma talents from India. Many Indians do very well in the US. Yet, back in India, many Indian generic drug companies do not follow SOPs and FDA guidelines well, the situation has created shortage for liposomal doxo and many other drugs. The situation is very bad and ingrain in the DNA of the whole Indian pharma industry. John Kapoor and Brian Tambi inherit this kind of DNA and Kapoor got himself into a lot of legal problems in the US -you can read about all these if you would google John Kapoor. FDA and the whole Chicago drug establishment have been going after him on and off for the past 25 years. Now, President Trump is going after him.
Another reason that KOOL maybe very interest with CYTX's assets (beside synergism in technologies- celution system and clinical trials -schlorderma and critical peripheral ischemia; schleroderma has a much quicker path to PMA at very low cost): KOOL has a major Indian influence in many, many aspects -which can be diluted for the benefits of the whole company. It is very well known in Japan (Sanyo executives to me) that doing pharma business in India is the toughest in the world-people cannot survive, without cutting corners.
Just my fairy tales and no offense to anyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodney.strongg

AZAYA/Hospira deal in 2015 12 Feb 2018 10:57 #11250

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Still waiting to hear how KOOL makes it work post their $17 million float....and a few pennies of 52 week lows themselves.
Actually if they popped a bit more with a market rebound or a mysterious pump (read maxim and friends) they may be ripe as a SHORT for some short term cash. We have seen first hand how shorting Maxim secondaries makes money. Its a delicate game though and would require more research and extreme discipline.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites