• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
the-japan-news.com/news/article/0000670630
Looks good to me... Come on Cytori,catch a break
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some Japenese news 25 Sep 2013 19:01 #884

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
joey...link leads to blank page.
Even tried to copy link and do a search but link doesnt transfer.
Can you copy article and post it ? :write:
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Some Japenese news 25 Sep 2013 19:11 #886

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Would love to read ir

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 02:33 #887

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Link worked for me-

Govt to help insurers develop regenerative medicine policies

September 26, 2013
The Yomiuri Shimbun
To encourage companies to enter the cell-processing business and prompt patients receive regenerative medicine treatments, the government will help private insurers develop policies that will insure companies against risks involved in the state-of-the-art treatments, government officials said.

The planned policies will insure against possible problems involving cell- and tissue-processing. The government hopes the introduction of such insurance policies will promote regenerative medicine, one of the pillars in the government’s growth strategy.

In October, the Economy, Trade and Industry Ministry plans to set up a study group of medical and legal experts tasked with examining the possible risks insurers face in making payments and the appropriate levels of premiums.

The study group is also expected to define liability sharing between the company and medical institution, the risk of side effects and the amount of compensation the company will have to shoulder.

The move comes as the government aims to have the Diet, at the upcoming extraordinary session, pass a package of bills that will enable medical institutions to entrust the work of processing cells and tissues to companies.

Entrusted companies, however, are required to take risks under certain conditions, including unexpected side effects as transplanted cells can be rejected by the human body and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells can sometimes turn cancerous.

As insurance policies that are currently available do not insure companies against such risks, the development of new insurance products is considered necessary.

Under the envisioned insurance scheme, the company will be made liable if a defect in cell- or tissue-processing is found. The patient will make a compensation claim with the medical institution, through which the company will make payments. If a problem was found in the process of providing treatments, the medical institution will pay compensation, using a private insurance policy tailored for medical institutions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 06:11 #888

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Link worked for me as well, on both powerbook and EVO. :yep:

d9

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 07:30 #889

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Celution is the low risk cGMP product/process that researchers AND medical practitioners can go to in order to quickly and efficiently access regenerative cells. The fact that the product is autologous is clearly a major determining factor in the broad acceptance of the device.

Celution/Cytori should be the first horse out of the gate when the law is passed. WIth the translational work done to date and the already existing CE approvals for a wide range of indications CYTX should be one of the first providers of specific approved treatments.

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 08:51 #890

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for posting Fas...just tried the link again and it did work...not sure what the problem was last night.

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 10:17 #891

• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
You sure would think that there the first out of the gate. I think that Japan really wants to promote its IPS technology but it would be good to show some effective safe stem cell treatments in the meantime.

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 11:04 #892

• fas
I am hearing that this will pass in October although no final date is known-

I was on the ministry website and found some info on the report prepared for the government which is the basis of the forthcoming law-

Report on Regen Med

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 12:05 #894

• fas
This slide gives you an idea what they are thinking about- it is also by indication if you have a loop

Attachments:

Some Japenese news 26 Sep 2013 12:59 #895

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Enlarging the graph makes it blurry but it looks like the far end of estimates is year 2050 and not much overall by Kolbert's famed 2020 calls

Recent action and events still seems to point to a secondary that staves off the November 30 deadline vs partnership.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.551 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites