• Page:

TOPIC: 31 million upfront

31 million upfront 04 Nov 2013 16:13 #1025

• keysman
  • keysman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 million upfront 04 Nov 2013 16:54 #1026

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I have visitors tonight and cannot comment at this point. But one visitor just told me that he will buy 5000 shares in the next few days after talking with me and reading the news. :woohoo:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

31 million upfront 05 Nov 2013 08:55 #1027

• fas
In anticipation of the Conference Call on Thursday, I will write a blog article tonight on the deal, which I consider a milestone for Cytori in its development. Cytori is not giving away anything really and gains a partner in developing markets by a Company which (hopefully) has local expertise.

Just what was needed. Main questionmark is basically -who are those guys and what is their clout in the market place and standing with regulatory authorities. I first have to gain a bit more understanding there.

But- yes- I like it very much. We are on our way now in treating millions of patients.

That is why I am a Cytori investor. :vegas:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, joeycav11, kekzy

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

31 million upfront 05 Nov 2013 10:20 #1029

• fas
Actually the 8K filed gives more clearer information-

On October 29, 2013 (the "Effective Date"), we entered into a Common Stock Purchase Agreement to sell 8,000,000 shares of our unregistered common stock (the "Shares") to Lorem Vascular Pty. Ltd, a company organized under the laws of Australia ("Lorem Vascular"), for $24,000,000 cash in a private placement ("Purchase Agreement"). Pursuant to the terms of the Purchase Agreement, we granted Lorem Vascular the right to appoint one designated individual to serve on our Board of Directors. In addition, we have agreed to file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to register the Shares for resale promptly after closing of the sale. The Closing of the purchase of the Shares will take place in two parts, with the first four million shares being paid and transferred within seven business days of the Effective Date, and the remaining four million shares being paid and transferred within sixty calendar days of the Effective Date.

The sale of the Shares has not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"). The issuance of the Shares is a private placement to an "accredited investor" and is exempt from registration under
Section 4(2) of the Securities Act and Rule 506 of Regulation D promulgated thereunder. The Shares may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or exemption from the Securities Act and any applicable state securities laws.

On October 29, 2013, we entered into a License and Supply Agreement with Lorem Vascular whereby we exclusively licensed Lorem all rights to market and sell the Company Products for all Markets within the countries of China, Hong Kong, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore, excluding only the Cosmetic Market and the rights for Alopecia (hair loss). The term of the agreement is thirty years. Lorem Vascular will pay us license fees on its gross revenues up to a maximum amount of $500 million dollars in license fees. The license fees are payable over time based upon Lorem Vascular's achievement of gross revenue milestones in the amount of $50 million. At each such milestone, Lorem shall pay us a license fee of $10 million until the maximum payable license fees are reached.

As a part of the License and Supply Agreement, we have also agreed to supply Lorem with all of their requirements for our products based on fixed product transfer pricing. Lorem has agreed to purchase eight (8) Celution Devices and four hundred (400) consumable sets promptly after execution of the License and Supply Agreement, and to purchase an additional twenty three (23) Celution Devices and one thousand one hundred (1,100) Consumable Sets promptly upon receipt of regulatory approval in China.

For the folks interested in those shares- looks like they are NOT registered and therefore cannot be sold for as long such remains unchanged,

Since I presume Lorem will become a major customer in Q4 it will be easy to see in the Q4 report in early March if the FIXED pricing part of the contract as a major detrimental impact on the gross margin. My guess is- it will not. In view of the regulatory developments in Aussieland and Singapore this could be a lot bigger than folks are assuming....

Key is- who are those guys... :KO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Schwartzberg

31 million upfront 05 Nov 2013 11:19 #1030

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Very very strange on the atatus of the new shares Fas with respect to sale restriction.
This is what I read last night in the 8k

***In addition, we have agreed to file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to register the Shares for resale promptly after closing of the sale.***

Here is the link for the whole filing:

secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FileName=0001095981%2D13%2D000027%2Etxt&FilePath=%5C2013%5C11%5C04%5C&CoName=CYTORI+THERAPEUTICS%2C+INC%2E&FormType=8%2DK&RcvdDate=11%2F4%2F2013&pdf=

What do you make of this ?

31 million upfront 05 Nov 2013 11:24 #1031

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Wait a minute...just re-read what you posted and check that wording !!!

***Shares is a private placement to an "accredited investor" and is exempt from registration ***

Followed by

***The Shares may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or exemption from the Securities Act***

tricky wording but looks like they can be sold under both versions of the release.

Interested in what others think ?

31 million upfront 05 Nov 2013 13:57 #1032

• joeycav11
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I am waiting to see now is the release of the clinical trial data that has been accumulating. The press release said treating diabetes. There must be some studies to back that up. Oh I know that there is a lot of data that has yet to be released. At st we an expect the European heart trial data to be anounced

31 million upfront 06 Nov 2013 08:44 #1036

• fas
Hedge- in respect of the shares.
I do not think K.T.Lim is a trader and needs the money to go about his business. So it probably is the usual thing. Legally he gets unregistered shares first and than they registered, which is a normal thing and simply nothing happens.

Joey- remember we were guessing here on the board what those 8 "solid organ" clinics were on a slide?
They turned out to be all cardiac, so nothing on kidney and pancreas.
Having said that- there is anecdotal data- in 2009 a renal study was started (and briefly discussed in a CC). But than the Japanese government cracked down on the local "practice of medicine".

I believe it works- Cytori moved heaven and earth to get their patents in the renal space and the got them all. :grin:

With DM I remember the anecdotal stuff of Mitsuo- ADRCs worked miracles with Diabetes Type 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Schwartzberg

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites