• Page:

TOPIC: Mayo Clinic get FDA approval for heart trial

Mayo Clinic get FDA approval for heart trial 18 Jan 2014 10:41 #1233

• Rocket3728
  • Rocket3728's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
www.mayo.edu/research/discoverys-edge/regenerating-heart-tissue-stem-cell-therapy

They did the phase one trial in Europe partnering with a Belgian company called Cardio3 BioSciences. They found safety and heart improvement in the damaged areas.

My guess is that this as a Phase 2 test. They are taking bone marrow cells from the hip and culturing them to work on the heart. Then injecting them into the damaged area of the heart.

I think this bodes well for Athena results. The power of the gimish has performed better, is more efficient, faster and cheaper than cultured bone marrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mayo Clinic get FDA approval for heart trial 18 Jan 2014 10:52 #1234

• Rocket3728
  • Rocket3728's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
scienceblog.com/62274/next-gen-smart-stem-cells-show-promise-in-heart-failure-patients/

Here is an article outlining their phase 1 work performed in Europe.

I am trying to understand what they are actually doing to direct the stem cells. Are the cells being cultured in a particular way to do a specific job. It seems the benefit would need to be significantly higher than Athena because the cost and time delay would be prohibitive.

Mayo Clinic get FDA approval for heart trial 18 Jan 2014 17:13 #1235

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Hi Robin-

Welcome to the Lodge. Yes - it was known that after doing the feasibility study in Europe the inventors would start a Phase II trial for the technology in the US and abroad.

Difference to ATHENA is the patient profile. ATHENA is strongly geared to Cardiac Ischemia- i.e. the refractory angina patients with still a reasonable EF, whilst the Mayo folks really go for the worst off CHF patients.

Still I think you are right- this will be very expensive if not cost prohibitive. Still I wish them luck- its autologous and has my support

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites