• Page:

TOPIC: Knee injections getting some news

Knee injections getting some news 08 Mar 2014 19:45 #1388

• joeycav11
  • joeycav11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Have to be enrolled in a study though unfortunately. I would love to see results of a head to head study of adipose vs bone marrow for the knee. If they are close adipose is the way to go.
chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/chicago-hospital-evaluates-new-stem-cell-therapy-for-pain/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63, d9dozrman, keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Knee injections getting some news 09 Mar 2014 12:21 #1389

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
There is data already - just - I do not know how reliable they are (the data)- the below was from Cellthera - a Czech Company working with own laboratory extraction i.e. no Celution or other device!!

Therapy of osteoarthritis relies on non-steroid analgesics, chondroprotectives and in late stages total joint replacement is considered a standard of care. We performed a pilot study using novel stem cell therapy approach that was performed during one surgical procedure. It relies on abdominal lipoaspiration and processing of connective tissue to stromal vascular fraction (SVF) cells that typically contain relatively large amounts of mesenchymal stromal and stem cells. SVF cells are injected immediately to the target joint or to the connective tissue of the target joint. Since 2011, total of 1128 patients have been recruited and followed for up to 42 months to demonstrate the therapeutical potential of freshly isolated SVF cells. At the same time, one to four joints (knees and hips) were injected with SVF cells per patient. A total number of 1769 joints were treated. Clinical scale evaluation including pain, non-steroid analgesic usage, limping, extent of joint movement and stiffness was used as measurement of the clinical effect. All patients were diagnosed with stage II-IV osteoarthritis using clinical examination and X-ray, in some cases MRI was also performed to monitor the changes before and after stem cell therapy. After 12 months from SVF therapy, at least 50% clinical improvement was recognized in 81%, and at least 75% clinical improvement in 47% of patients, respectively. Within 1-2 weeks from SVF therapy 72% of patients were off the non-steroid analgesics and most of them remain such for at least 12 months. No serious side effects, infection or cancer was associated with SVF cell therapy. In conclusion, here we report a novel and promising therapeutical approach that is safe, cost effective, and relying only on autologous cells.

You can compare that with the Centeno numbers-
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeycav11, rongside

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Knee injections getting some news 10 Mar 2014 04:32 #1390

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Data in both studies confirms the validity of stem cell use. The same day BM Regenexx study does not appear to measure the upper levels of patient improvement, but the 25% improvement threshold is not at all bad. The Czech study which uses ADRC appears to offer outstanding results. The higher levels of active MS & regenerative cells would account for this. :joy:

The cost benefit between the two methods along with the ease of processing is debatable .......... what is not debatable is that the Celution device should trump both. :grin:

The below linked article shows that there is alsoi great potential for spinal disorders. Unfortunately there is not breakdown of what type of cells where used and if they were manipulated or not. Whatever, CYTX and ADRC are potential players in this indication and all orthopedic indications. It is very frustrating that there is so much potential for Celution and we are still at such a ridiculous market capitalisation.

www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140308094811.htm

I wonder, is anythoing going on with Medtronic?????

Perhaps our reticence in partnering, or inability to close is not only a function of the difficulty in the negotiations ......... could it be that we are waiting for postive data or regulatory decisions that will give us the market cap and visiblity to attack these indications ourselves ?????????????????? :KO:

Knee injections getting some news 10 Mar 2014 12:15 #1391

• fas

Perhaps our reticence in partnering, or inability to close is not only a function of the difficulty in the negotiations ......... could it be that we are waiting for positive data or regulatory decisions that will give us the market cap and visibility to attack these indications ourselves ??????????????????

The suspense for me- whether a large Company with marketing clout will become partner of Cytori or not- intrigues the hell out of me. After 10 years of following Cytori and being pretty sure that approx. 4 deals fell through since 2007 at very very late stages- lets say because of the disruptive aspects of the technology, this question is almost impossible to answer.

I am getting to the stage to say- I think its not gonna happen and KT Lim´s of this world will work with Cytori. Remember 3 years ago- GE Healthcare got 6 months extension on partnering with the exception of therapeutic applications. At that time I was sure- that Big Pharma would step in- they have not, although especially in Europe virtually everything can be marketed now. So -why isnt Cytori selling there?

Waiting for somebody? No money? The next 6-12 months will provide us the answers. I hope. :KO:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Knee injections getting some news 10 Mar 2014 13:28 #1393

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
***I am getting to the stage to say- I think its not gonna happen and KT Lim´s of this world will work with Cytori***

Does this mean you have finally back away from Olympus ?

Knee injections getting some news 10 Mar 2014 13:42 #1394

• fas

Does this mean you have finally back away from Olympus ?

You caught me there. :evil:

No- not really. I think fistula and wound healing "belongs" to Olympus- bone healing too.

Lets say- Olympus is not your "standard" BP. They are more on the fringes with Sony and still have problems- they recently settled the Terumo suit for 6 BILLION Yen and they adjusted their full year forecast to a loss. They should have sold the camera business and focussed on the medical business. i.e. a deal will take sometime longer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites