• Page:

TOPIC: Famous Last Words

Famous Last Words 28 Apr 2014 12:47 #1611

• rothco619
  • rothco619's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
I have been going back listening to old presentations , rereading annual reports etc to remind me of many of the broken promises we have heard from Cytori and it's management team. The below comments from former chairman LLyod Dean continue to haunt me. I posted this on YMB and expect the usual comments. Hoping for some intelligent feedback from this board.

And I end my comments by thanking you for your support. I know that as time as you, you know, people know, I look at the stock, I keep my iPhone, I have it streamed on my computer – I look at the stock every 15 minutes so it is only by chance that I’m as sane as I am with you today. Because I have moments of thrill and I have moments where, you know, I want to go, I’m close to the Bay Bridge, I ask myself, should I jump? And I would say that I know, and sometimes some of you anonymously, some of you courageously with your names, send me notes and send your opinions about either different things that you read or that you see or that you hear or that you feel, and I think that as shareholders you have that right and I certainly appropriately try to distribute those to the appropriate people so that they respond. If its an appropriate question for me as the chair, or if its board related or governance appropriate, and many of know, I will respond directly.
We appreciate your interest in the company; we do not take it in a negative way. We take your comments as constructive. If they were not constructive, we would respond accordingly. So again, thank you for being here, I look forward to the dialogue, we look forward to your questions, but I will end by someone said to me in the hall as we were gathering, “You know, I’ve been with Cytori a long time. Tell me, should I continue?” You know, that’s always a tough question for a chair because, and for a board, because where we sit, we see information at a depth that you don’t. I would just respond by saying this: I’m a betting man, I’d double-down on Cytori. Mr. Calhoun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikehelin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Famous Last Words 28 Apr 2014 14:16 #1612

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
That was August 2012.

A couple of months before "the one that got away with Daiichi" and maybe the BOD approval was already there- who knows- those things take 12-18 months to hammer out. So- one should consider this when judging those words.

The technology of Cytori has NOT changed since those days- further clinical evidence has certainly emerged.

What lacks is execution and a big deal- I buy 5-6 quarters to the Inflection Point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brisauto1964

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Famous Last Words 28 Apr 2014 15:10 #1614

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
I can deal with 5-6 quarters if the trajectory remains positive. Don't want to emulate athx and blow up. :bang: Slow and steady with some positve bumps to keep us in the black. No mis steps or dilutions and some promising results.

Dean going to jump off a bridge? WTF? He has more dough than Calhoun!

Famous Last Words 28 Apr 2014 21:06 #1616

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 201
When big fish keep getting away consideration should be given to whether its the tackle or the bait that is the problem.

There has been more than one deal that has failed to materialize !

Famous Last Words 29 Apr 2014 10:55 #1620

• brisauto1964
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Well Fas, Just have to say............. Bumper Sticker Brian is with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Famous Last Words 29 Apr 2014 12:15 #1623

• fas
Very good Brian. :grin: Welcome back.

I will have to look for that sticker- the newbees do not know that one. LOL

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Famous Last Words 29 Apr 2014 12:22 #1624

• fas
This post from Rothco/Michael I think I saw at Yahoo too. :whistle:

Apparently it is not there anymore- the usual censorship it seems. :puke:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites