Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who would gain from delisting Cytori?

Who would gain from delisting Cytori? 07 Feb 2015 10:46 #3355

• ruedhajan
  • ruedhajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I've just noticed this comment on the Yahoo-board – concerning the question of whether/when Cytori is likely to be delisted – and I do find the comment somewhat disconcerting:

"The question is will they stop a CYTX delisting? I hope not but I've been on the wrong side of similar biotech plays before (like Guilford Pharmaceuticals with one of the largest patent estates in biotech at the time). Management and debt holders have more to gain going that route and shaking off shareholders. I think CYTX technology has already been validated." (Posted by 'sweptawayus')

I'm pretty unexperienced with shares of whatever kind but have been holding Cytori for the last 4 or 5 years. Would one of you more experienced contributors wish to comment on the quote?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who would gain from delisting Cytori? 07 Feb 2015 11:56 #3356

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Ruedhajan-

One can be very concerned about the sources from which fresh money have to come in the next two months and also whether it will be enough to cover the debt repayments which should start in April to Oxford Finance.

Compared to those issues, the delisting is absolutely peanuts and no reason to worry about.

Nasdaq provides delinquent Companies plenty of new opportunities to postpone the delisting. In May- I believe- the first 6 months is up. Than a process starts which takes another 6 months. I have seen ASTM f**king around for about 20 months, before a reverse split came. By that time it was kind of a surprise... :grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Who would gain from delisting Cytori? 07 Feb 2015 12:20 #3357

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Fas...you don't think they will try to once again renegotiate the Oxford loan ?

As far as Cytori trying to avoid a reverse split...possible but not easy.

Who would gain from delisting Cytori? 07 Feb 2015 14:09 #3358

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

As far as Cytori trying to avoid a reverse split...possible but not easy.

Hedge- I could not care less about a 1:10 or 1:100 reverse split. In the end your participation in ownership of the Company does not change.

Oxford is far ...far more dangerous in my mind. Surely everybody remembers the knife on the throat to have 13,5 Mio financed within 30 days -by the end of September or October last year - or whatever it was. :evil:

No- those guys are in for the kill. They will not even convert the 25 Mio loan in equity at 10 cents a share when they did not want to do it at 50 cents back in September. They would love to see Cytori stumble, which I am afraid of, always could happen in view of past performance.... :bash:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Who would gain from delisting Cytori? 07 Feb 2015 17:04 #3359

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
Fas...I agree that a traditional stock split or a reverse stock split does not change ownership participation ..there are however positive and negative cognitations and since our new management professed news should bring the PPS in compliance .. .the news to date, has been lackluster from a PPS stimulating point of view. Another wrong view of our management, who still don't seem to get balance sheets and products sales are what really matter in the end. Will still have several years to finance.
I expect more pain for CC era holders and if Oxford doesn't deal again...you are correct... and that is why you never bet too much on speculative biotechs.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites