• Page:

TOPIC: Whatever happened to the microwaved pork

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 15 Feb 2015 15:26 #3411

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Still waiting for the results from the Proof of Concept BARDA trials. The data concerning radiation induced burns and also the effects of ADRC on other internal injuries (radiation?) were the basis for continuation of the BARDA trial. How about a heads up. ????

Who gets to know about this data........ hopefully not just Sabby ...... perhaps other long suffering shareholders should be included along with some other potential partners. :winky:

The more visibility the higher the interest, and possibly a catalyst for a better source of equtiy finance ..... or possibly a non dilutive partnership deal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 16 Feb 2015 05:00 #3414

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
John-

Besides the fact that this is one of the items from the "infamous questions list" , I have somewhere in the back of my mind that Hedrick said that a scientific paper will be written and published on the primate study.

If this is correct- the internal parts will surely be covered too... :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 07:51 #3419

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
This is a new BARDA related study. Can ADRCs be extracted from discarded eschar (dead due to burns) tissue? This could eliminate the need for lipo in some burn patients. This was just put up a week ago and here it is .

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 10:05 #3423

• fas
WST-

This should really not be a new study, since this was one of the three deliverables Cytori had in the first phase of the BARDA contract.

Could it be that they screwed up again????? :evil: :evil:

Zeni Alfonso was supposed to deliver this abstract at IFATS in November- but she never did- it was scratched from the final version of the program book.....

CHARACTERIZATION OF ADIPOSE DERIVED CELLS FROM HUMAN ESCHAR TISSUE
Presenter: Zeni Alfonso, PhD Authors: Alfonso Z, Foubert P, Zhao S, Hicok K, Arm D, Tenenhaus M, Fraser J Cytori Therapeutics
This study was executed within the wider context of evaluating autologous cell therapy for thermal burn injury using the patient’s adipose tissue as a source of therapeutic cells. Although there are several options for obtaining adipose tissue from a thermal burn patient, the adipose tissue that is excised along with the eschar as part of standard surgical treatment represents the worst-case scenario as a source of therapeutic cells.
The purpose of this study was to determine if adipose- derived regenerative cells (ADRCs) obtained from eschar tissue of patients with full thickness thermal burn injury are substantially similar to those from adipose tissue from healthy subjects.
Tissue was obtained following informed consent from 6 burn patients that underwent escharectomy. The eschar specimens ranged approximately from 114 to 1050cm2. Mean age was 59.3 years (4/6 patients were >60 years), 3/6 were men. Escharectomy occurred from 1 to 7 days post-injury. Mean+SD viable cell yield from eschar tissue (2.7+y x106 cells per gram of tissue) was within range of tissue from non-burned individuals Cell viability was 90 + 4%.
All the major cell subpopulations routinely found in ADRCs derived from healthy donor adipose were also present in cells from eschar adipose tissue. Leukocytes, endothelial, stromal and smooth-muscle-related cells were found at average frequencies of 35.5±11.6%, 14.8±45.0%, 33.4±12.5% and 6.3±3.4% respectively - all within the range and variation of their healthy counterparts. Approximately 18% of ADRCS were also shown to express the CD271 antigen as well.
The functional competence of cells derived from eschar was demonstrated by in vitro proliferation and differentiation capacity towards adipogenic (formation of lipid-containing cells) and angiogenic (evidenced by in vitro tube formation capacity) lineages. CFU-F cell populations, known to contain adipose derived stem cells, were also detected in all eschar samples evaluated (average frequency of 1.0±1.4%).
These data support the conclusion that functional ADRCs can be obtained from adipose tissue proximal to deep thermal burn injuries (i.e. eschar) and offers an alternative harvest approach in the development of a treatment strategy for burn injury using ADRCs.

I smell Cytori- shit... :cry: :bang:

Mind you- what John was referring to,was AGAIN an other part of the PHASE I deliverables.... :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 10:18 #3424

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Fas...haven't check the link WST provided yet but could this be related to the CTX2 testing ?

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 10:34 #3425

• fas
Without looking anywhere besides remembering:

the three deliverables were-

a. proving ADRCs in thermal burns on primates i.e. that what already was proven on humans by Akita et al.
b. proving thermal burn patients had sufficient quality ADRCs in their eschar (burned) tissue to treat them with.
c. proof of concept on CTX2

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 10:42 #3426

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hmmm...well I know the development of the CTX2 was part of BARDA but I cant remember if the early work was with the CTX2 prototype or not.

They did mention a delay due to "funding"

Above said...I also cant remember a time when we have gotten the whole, real story. :KO:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 13:13 #3427

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Beats the hell out of me. ClinicalTrials.gov shows a "First Received" date of 2/9/15 and it is showing an initial enrollment date of April 2015. Are you sure it was a Phase I deliverable? We are way passed that and well in to Phase II. if you are correct, they may have renegotiated this.

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 13:39 #3428

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Wonder if Cytori has even received a payment yet from Barda based on there proof of concept. Check is probably lost in the mail. Shameless.

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 13:46 #3429

• fas
I am pretty sure about my facts. :winky:

Probably since I only looked intensively at BARDA, when the discussions on it were a bit intensive here at the Lodge, which was about a year ago. When the news broke I was in intensive care recuperating from my cancer OP- after that I had little interest in the news and was much more focussed on translational work done, which is mainly the "big thing at Cytori now"

Anyway- I am sure detailed info is in the transcripts of some calls- but I do not feel like checking them out, since I am pretty sure. I presume the 6 patients in the abstract were found at a later stage to be insufficient and expanded to an additional 20. :bash: :bang: :evil:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 17 Feb 2015 14:34 #3430

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I know. Why doesn't someone just ask on the up coming conference call ?

Whats that ? Access is limited. Calls are scripted ? LOLOLOL :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hey, anyone know a cheap bio you can buy for under $0.48 ? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Winky indeed ! :winky:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 02 Mar 2015 06:03 #3598

• fas
I came across some slides this morning, which also included one on BARDA, which proves that I was correct with my Phase I deliverables.

I presume BARDA wanted more evidence after all compared to what Cytori provided on the ADRCs from charred tissue .... :whistle:

Attachments:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 02 Mar 2015 06:41 #3600

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know Fas, not like you will be able to ask for clarification on the upcoming call. :evil:

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 04 Mar 2015 07:23 #3642

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas, d9dozrman

Whatever happened to the microwaved pork 04 Mar 2015 09:49 #3650

• fas
Yeah- both abstracts seem to relate to the mini-pigs pre-clinical which proved in animals what already had been proven in humans. :grin:

Since there is nothing at the conference on taking ADRCs from human eschar tissue, I presume there is a bit of a screw up yes, but the pig study seems to good. :KO:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites