• Page:

TOPIC: To dream the impossible dream

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 09:41 #4377

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Will there be a positive reason for earnings release on Thursday, May 7 and the call the following Monday, May 11 ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 10:15 #4378

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110

SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) will provide a live webcast of its first quarter financial results and business update on Monday, May 11, 2015, at 5:30 PM Eastern Time.

The dial-in information is as follows:

Dial-In Number: +1.877.402.3914
Conference ID: 33808048

Prior to the webcast at approximately 4:05 PM Eastern Time on May 7, Cytori will issue its first quarter earnings release which will review Cytori’s first quarter performance. The webcast will be available both live and by replay two hours after the call in the “Webcasts” section of the company’s investor relations website.

I believe Hedrick guided approx. 5-7 Mio product sales and 2-3 Mio BARDA fees less than 2 months ago FOR THE WHOLE YEAR 2015 and even Kolbert said revenues are not relevant at this stage...

that to me means the financials have little relevance besides the cash number and the fact how long the Company can operate without an additional cash infusion.

Key is cash- hopefully the scheduling of the call on Monday is because of travel, negotiations etc etc relating to this cash issue... :whistle: :evil:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 11:02 #4379

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Key is cash- hopefully the scheduling of the call on Monday is because of travel, negotiations etc etc relating to this cash issue***

You are reading me like a book Fas...LOL

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 13:04 #4380

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
hedge, can you cite any instances where companies have announced earnings, followed by a delayed call days later? Very unusual, but it does elude to perhaps a positive vibe. Why prolong the inevitable if the news on May 7th is...... :puke: ?
I would like to think they will have another upbeat call as the last, let's keep the streak alive.

d9

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 14:00 #4381

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi d9

I am sure it has happened at some point with a company but I cannot site a example or the outcome.

As far as Cytori....I remember a call when CC was CEO and in SD and Hedrick joined on the phone from Japan to participate. So will there be a significant reason for the Q1 set up ? Who knows. Monday's are for good news though....so do we dare to dream the impossible dream ? Otherwise, just speculating.

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 17:23 #4382

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I remember this happening with other companies once or twice, but don't remember the stock's reaction otherwise.

What would have been really good news is if they had a pre-recorded conference call. This happened with Talbots right after the stock took a huge dump after buyout negotiations seemed to fizzle.

Turns out that the acquiring company was just playing hardball with the CEO (to reduce the disgustingly sized golden parachutes), and Talbots was bought out the following week. (with a huge gain in stock price)

To dream the impossible dream 30 Apr 2015 20:35 #4384

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Why are we reading tea leaves again, regarding the CC date?

Last year, the first Q CC was held on Monday May 12, 2014. There was a lot of speculation regarding that date too.

That conference call was a disaster. The revenue was sharply lower (very different from what CC was saying late in 2013). The cash position was very weak and the company had to offer more cash ($ 10 M) for stock, end of May. The stock price started to fall.

What would be different this time? We shall see.

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 05:53 #4385

• Lugano
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

franshei wrote: Why are we reading tea leaves again, regarding the CC date?

Last year, the first Q CC was held on Monday May 12, 2014. There was a lot of speculation regarding that date too.

True...still remember. :really:

Also still doesn't make sense that they have not used the ATM...maybe they wanna start using it around USD 0.50 :grin: :bash:

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 08:53 #4386

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
It is hard to believe that CYTX has not raised money from the ATM. It is also hard to believe that money has not been raised from warrants being exercised. I think the company may have raised more than $ 10 Million. Otherwise, the company would be very short of cash to operate. We should know more on May 11.

There are other areas of concern at this time: 1. dilution; 2. future cash; 3. Athena. Another question that may not be asked now, but I hope it would not come around proxy time (for annual stock holders meeting) as a surprise to sink the PPS: reverse split. We shall see.

As many have commented, the revenue may be short during the first Q.

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 09:52 #4387

• fas
This is a coincidence of course, but May 8 has some relevance (in between reporting date and CC date).

May 8 is a potential settlement date for the take-over amount due to Olympus for their share of the Olympus-Cytori JV. In case by that date 3.3 Mio$ are not paid to Olympus, the liability will increase, since a new (unknown) more costly option becomes valid. The amount involved will likely be approx. 2 to 2,5 Mio.

With the small market cap that Cytori has at present, 2 -2.5 Mio$ already represents a MATERIAL event for Cytori, which probably would have to be reported in the 10Q, which one could avoid by reporting the financials a day earlier. :joy: :really: :evil:

As consideration for the Termination Agreement, Cytori can choose from alternative payment options as defined in the Termination Agreement. The payment options call for a minimum of $4,500,000 up to a maximum of $16,000,000 to be paid by Cytori to Olympus in installments over periods ranging from one year to six years depending on the option selected by the Company. Installment payments will be calculated quarterly based on 5% of Cytori’s gross sales receipts for all products sold. If Cytori receives an aggregate $35,000,000 in cash through strategic or financing arrangements during the first year of the Termination Agreement, Cytori would be required to pay $4,500,000 (minus installment payments previously made) upon request of Olympus as full and complete consideration under the Agreement.

As of May 8, 2014, the Company’s obligation to Olympus had not been settled, and accordingly, the obligation increased by $1.5 million under an alternative payment option. This option calls for $6.0 million in total payments to be made by May 8, 2015. Since we have made payments totaling $2.7 million through December 31, 2014 our remaining payment obligation under this option is now approximately $3.3 million.

Or Hedrick has to be in Tokyo to deliver the 3.3 Mio check personally on Friday may 8th... :grin: :grin: Just kiddin. :vegas:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 10:20 #4388

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thanks Fas!

More likely than having other guys selling us a lemon car again. Amazing how we are trying to find something positive in this company. If they make it will be after a ton more dilution and only be saved by couple of niche markets they are going after, years from now....

Amazing how Japan is going.... nowhere...

Marc loves some of us longs, on how we sell it to ourselves, no need for him to do much, when he has the positive thinking crowd around him.

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 14:09 #4390

• mtpinman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Feel free to correct me if wrong. The China approval should result in Lorem Vascular making a $7 million dollar payment. Five million for Celution devices and two million for consumables. Thus, cash available to pay off Olympus?

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 15:16 #4391

• fas

Feel free to correct me if wrong. The China approval should result in Lorem Vascular making a $7 million dollar payment. Five million for Celution devices and two million for consumables. Thus, cash available to pay off Olympus?

I guess the answer to that one is, unlikely but we do not know.

China approval was April 6 which triggered the contractual order. Than Cytori can ship from inventory (partly) or still has to produce, goods ship all the way to China and will be posted as receivable upon installation at the "customer". Than you have payment terms- normally 30 days- after which the customer has to pay for the goods, which money than is at Cytori´s disposal.

My guess is, that this is more a process of 3 months compared to 3 weeks..... :really:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 15:20 #4392

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Well now cytxer you certainly have lost the positive mojo. Yes too many of us have been kicked when we were down. Positive news undergoes a strange metamorphosis and poisons the pps. It is all too familiar, but it is part of investing in this space. The real key in staying positive is in maintaining your belief in the ability of companies like Cytori to somehow harness the potential of regenerative medicine and create viable therapies that help people overcome disease. That is what my motivation is. There are some positives out there. Turning them into revenue streams is difficult, but not impossible

Have a great weekend. I am going fishing!
:vegas:

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 19:27 #4393

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe we can borrow from our good friends at Oxford to pay Olympus. LOL
Of course tapping the ATM would have filled the obligation as well but according to DOV (I think it was) they haven't done so.

Fatboy...fishing sounds like the best idea...good luck :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

To dream the impossible dream 01 May 2015 21:57 #4394

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
BTW, I would be very surprised if Sabby exercised any warrants during the last quarter, since there are no filings by either Cytori or Sabby regarding any sale of shares. Could be totally wrong.

It does seem like having an ER separate from the CC opens up some possibilities. So basically, maybe 4 outcomes here, good to bad. (2) is most likely, followed by (3).

1) Lorem Vascular deal canceled, Cytori gets some break-up fee and/or CEO/CFO quit/are fired by BOD. Crash to $0.25. Not very likely but you never know. :bang:
2) Nothing much in ER. Cytori didn't deliver goods to Lorem Vascular deal, but it is moving forward, some income will be recognized next quarter, etc., etc. Very tepid. Stock may get hit by greedy shorts. :puke:
3) Lorem Vascular goods have been delivered and there's a timeline for income and revenue recognition. Extremely bullish and stock is going to be back up to $1+. :joy:
4) Cytori gets bought out by some big pharma or a private company. $6. :vegas:

To dream the impossible dream 04 May 2015 20:30 #4404

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Would you believe it was a simple typo? The financial results will be released just after the close on May 11th (NOT MAY 7th) as the press release stated. Cutting and pasting last year's press release is a rookie mistake. Not issuing a correction, well what can I say?

To dream the impossible dream 04 May 2015 21:16 #4405

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks DOV...seems the bozos are still having trouble removing the clown make-up. :grin:

Also...whats with yahoo and the 10K announcement in the CYTX news area...link seems to take you to a general description site and list German exchange links ? (looks like spam) Fas...does that look familiar to you ?

To dream the impossible dream 04 May 2015 23:18 #4406

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Lol, thanks Dov. I theorized it was a typo on Yahoo messageboards.. a regular Nostradamus, I was, but then quickly discarded the thought when met with some incredulity.

To dream the impossible dream 05 May 2015 02:19 #4407

• fas

Cutting and pasting last year's press release is a rookie mistake

There are just professionals at Cytori really.. :grin:

But last year May 11th was a Sunday and the financials were reported on Monday May 12th together with the CC held on that day. Meaning- nothing changed compared to last year really and difficult to mess up the announcement like that.. :joy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites