TOPIC: CYTX, a Startup??? LOL

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 25 Aug 2015 21:39 #5039

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Looser laws make Japan a magnet for stem cell businesses

Over in the U.S., Mahendra Rao, vice president for regenerative medicine at the New York Stem Cell Foundation Research Institute, says he receives frequent inquiries from American companies seeking advice about clinical testing in Japan.

Rao, a former director of the National Institutes of Health Center for Regenerative Medicine, is helping U.S. companies, research institutes and hospitals make connections with Japanese organizations and map out strategies for testing. He reportedly played an important role in arranging a tie-up between Nikon and Lonza of Switzerland, announced in May.

Nikon plans to start cultivating cells for regenerative medicine. It hopes to be a major supplier by the time iPS-based therapies come into wide use, likely around 2020. Lonza is the world's biggest provider of cell cultivation services for regenerative medicine, and supplies iPS cells for clinical trials at the NIH.

Meanwhile, Cytori Therapeutics, a California-based startup that makes stem cell production equipment, proposed a joint trial to evaluate periurethral injections of regenerative cells to treat men suffering stress urinary incontinence. The study began in July at Japan's Nagoya University and other sites.

Word of caution

Among Japanese companies ramping up efforts in the sector is Adipo Medical Technology. The government-supported startup, launched in Higashi-Osaka in April, focuses on treating severe heart problems with regenerative cell technology. It plans to start clinical trials in fiscal 2016.

SanBio, a regenerative therapy startup founded by Japanese in the U.S., has turned its Japanese subsidiary into the parent company. It did so because it believes "Japan is the country with the most favorable environment for regenerative medicine," said Keita Mori, co-CEO and chairman.

The Japanese market for regenerative treatments is projected to grow to be worth 1.6 trillion yen ($12.7 billion) in 2030, according to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.

Shinya Yamanaka, a Kyoto University professor who won the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 2012 for reprogramming adult cells into iPS cells, warns that intensifying competition in the field could compromise safety.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 25 Aug 2015 22:10 #5040

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
More of start over. :evil: and over and over

$12.7 Billion in 2030 isn't all that impressive...but being used to health care pricing in USA terms maybe its better than I think for Japan.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 04:19 #5042

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109

Among Japanese companies ramping up efforts in the sector is Adipo Medical Technology. The government-supported startup, launched in Higashi-Osaka in April, focuses on treating severe heart problems with regenerative cell technology. It plans to start clinical trials in fiscal 2016.

Hhumm.. seems to kind of confirm my suspicion that the Japanese want the Japanese to develop therapies and be the future of regenerative medicine in Japan.. :whistle:

This seems to be a venture of JST- the Japan Science and Technology agency using "multipotent fat derived precursors" as a raw material, which should trans-differentiate into heart muscle cells after input with a catheter.

Link to news flash: HERE

This obviously will NOT work by itself- the cells need stimulation to trans-differentiate- otherwise its just a simple "steal" from Cytori clinical efforts, which we know work and for which Japanese Companies were willing to pay many million dollars just a few months ago, but pulled back at the last minute.... :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 09:11 #5043

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
The law has been in effect and Cytori promised immediate revenues and promised and of course did not deliver on this. Who knows what this will mean to Cytori. Hedrik and CC before him bragged about the relationships that have been developed in japan and how Cytori has been in Japan for so many years that this was to put us at a competitive advantage. I say more bull shit, just like everything that we have heard up to this point. All promise no partnership, no revenue, nothing to show for close to 300 million invested in to RD. A case study for the ages. Just a complete :bang:

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 10:48 #5044

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
rothco
Although Japan still is the major source of our miniscule sales, I have to agree that to date all of our efforts in Asia have been a failure.

Japan has been stagnate for years....OK, even dropped a bit. Lorem going nowhere fast. That great medical tourism destination in the Philippines has completely fallen off the radar.

Hence my reevaluation of 2020 revenues/earnings potential. We have to think for ourselves !!! Although I think you don't see CYTX even around by 2020...LOL.
Sadly, we never got a revamped spreadsheet from DOV for another point of view.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 12:01 #5045

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
The fat lady is warming up. As far as I'm concerned this is over. I have cost friends and family well over a million dollars because of my stupidity,
and belief in this pos. There is no credibility in anything the company says nor on this message board for that matter. It's time for all to realize this is done and we have lost all of our investment :bash: Sadly many on this board who we thought were long have profited handsomely from shorting while suckers like us continued to hold out hope. You know who you are.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 14:13 #5046

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Takes a lot to kill a public company rothco...wiping out old shareholders is something different entirely. :bash:

CYTX survives imho

The have a year of cash +/- and they can always do the reverse split and float more shares

Still believe 50 million market cap important for you know who to keep the pressure on and milk all they can out of this.
Also felt the all time low market cap could be visited which is still below here

Still believe scleroderma and OA have a chance.

Time will tell....

One last point...they were still able to attract Hayden and few are willing to knowingly jump on to a sinking ship.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 16:20 #5047

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
If by sinking ship you mean a "Public company" that "is hard to kill" and still has a few years of milk left in this cow (RS and dilution like you mentioned) then I would argue very few people would say no to this chance, if offered enough money.

I think days will come that 50 mil Market cap will sound very good... just my personal opinion...

I really think the technology is too cumbersome and too expensive (time and effort)... especially that cheaper methods are starting to look like they work as well... The price action is showing something very bad... :whistle: :cry: :evil:

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 17:43 #5049

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***The price action is showing something very bad***

Something or someone or some entity ? :puke:

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 19:22 #5050

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
***The price action is showing something very bad***

The 3rd biggest gain in history for the Dow, and we swoon in a 7% loss for the day. Someone seems to have the short button pressed on hold.
When you run with the :evil: "you gonna burn". Enough burning already :KO:

d9

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 26 Aug 2015 22:16 #5051

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
*****Something or someone or some entity ?*****

I dunno.. I'll go with some entity? could be any combination of them... and it doesn't matter anyway. this slow grind down at these prices is just not good... Too bad this is the only company that I have this sick, personal, relationship with. Any other company and I would've forgotten their name a long time ago...

They are the cause of so many :cry: and :KO: and :bash: :puke: :bang:

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 27 Aug 2015 00:55 #5052

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
A phone call, a few keystrokes into algorithm and some cash is all that needed.
Its not necessarily reflective of the targeted victim.
In our particular case, a unusual concentration of bozos was a great aid in the destruction.

The company still has a shot at making money imho...so here is where we likely will have to disagree.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 27 Aug 2015 02:37 #5053

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Hedge, thank you for your observation/opinion that the company still has a shot at making money.
I live with that hope, having a break even not far below 7XCNP (7 times the current nightmare price). :bash:

Management has to deliver, and at long last they appear to be moving in the right direction. Lets hope that the Bozo ratio has decreased with the departure of Calhoun and Saad.

Its easy for this stock to be manipulated due to the massive dilution to date and the lack of conviction on the part of the market that management can deliver.. There is only one way that fear can be put into the shorts : a partnership deal that will provide adequate funds to see the current trials to their conclusion. We need just one indication to work providing a cost effective treatment. When that happens we may finally be reimbursed for the faith we have in the technology. Lets hope that the new CFO is up to the task.

Fas, concerning Adipo Medical Technology. I gather that they are going to use allogeneic expanded mesenchymal progenitor cells.
They are still years away from completing trials much less bringing it to market. I believe that we are in an assailable position in Japan from an IP perspective. We have had many small trials and the first registration trial is underway (SUI). Maybe Astellas or Chugai will reappear ? Japan is a market that you can't take on alone.

CYTX, a Startup??? LOL 27 Aug 2015 09:19 #5055

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote:
The company still has a shot at making money imho...so here is where we likely will have to disagree.

I also think there is a chance for them to survive... 25-35 percent should be a good guess.... That would require lots of dilution and being very focused and stop the BS, etc.... so we do agree on that part too (maybe you give them higher chances)...

I had some good thoughts, fresh out of bed, but that post was not to be by the higher beings...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites