• Page:

TOPIC: Barda / Burns - - - It works

Barda / Burns - - - It works 30 Nov 2015 07:39 #5537

• forgotmorthanuno
  • forgotmorthanuno's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
I'd hate to think I was short the stock - Nothing to gain and a head-caving to look forward to. It works and the company will work imo:

Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (CYTX) announced today the publication of preclinical data demonstrating that Cytori Cell Therapy can promote burn wound healing via topical spray delivery, achieving similar effects to local injection. The option for spray delivery expands the potential utility and offers greater ease of use for Cytori Cell Therapy in the burn setting. The study was performed with support from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), and is described in a paper entitled “Adipose-Derived Regenerative Cell Therapy for Burn Wound Healing: A Comparison of Two Delivery Methods” (Foubert P. et al. DOI: 10.1089/wound.2015.0672) now available online ( online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/wound.2015.0672 ).

“These data clearly show that topical spray delivery represents an effective solution to administer Cytori Cell Therapy and potentially optimize standard of care in fragile burn patients,” said Dr. Mayer Tenenhaus, a plastic surgeon from UCSD Burn Center.

The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of topical spray delivery and local injection of Cytori Cell Therapy in a porcine model of thermal burn. Importantly, the data demonstrated that administration by topical spray led to statistically significant improvement over control in epithelialization, blood vessel density, and inflammatory cell infiltration. Results with topical spray were equivalent to those with local injection suggesting that delivery via a spraying mechanism is a viable and favorable alternative to other, more cumbersome delivery routes.

This research, performed as part of a development collaboration with BARDA, is planned for inclusion in an Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) package to be submitted to FDA for a proposed clinical trial using Cytori Cell Therapy in thermal burn injury.

Results showed that delivery of Cytori Cell Therapy by topical spray or local injection of Cytori Cell Therapy increased wound epithelialization by about 21% over control at day 12 post-treatment (p<0.05). In addition, at day 7 post-treatment, digital analysis showed that microvessel density was significantly greater in wounds receiving either topical spray or local injection of Cytori Cell Therapy compared to control treatment (1.5-fold. p<0.05). Finally, blinded histopathology and immunohistochemistry analyses showed that topical spray or local injections of Cytori Cell Therapy reduced neutrophil infiltration in burn wounds at day 7 post-treatment (p=0.05). The data are consistent with the cell therapy promoting angiogenesis, modulating inflammation and promoting wound repair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Barda / Burns - - - It works 30 Nov 2015 08:32 #5538

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
Can't visualize what 21% looks like. To a burn victim, each 1% is welcomed.

I don't trust the Youtube videos out there.

Barda / Burns - - - It works 30 Nov 2015 09:00 #5539

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20

DOV wrote: Can't visualize what 21% looks like. To a burn victim, each 1% is welcomed.

I don't trust the Youtube videos out there.

I can certainly visualize 20% when its the IRS taking it from my gains!

But in all seriousness, 20% and study was how long? Imagine repeated applications topically and injectable?! The statistical significance would be even more dramatic.

IMHO, every hospital should be outfitted with one of Cytori's devices. - Especially those in proximity to Nuclear power plants.
It's without question that the technology also works with regular burns. I can't even quantify the revenue from that market.

ASTRONOMICAL and explosive revenue growth if utilized as standard of care in regular burn patients.

Barda / Burns - - - It works 30 Nov 2015 13:19 #5540

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
I was going to wait until the close to post my comments but since I see CYTX is already in the read from its early 10% pop I'll post now.

While the data is interesting from a spray application technique I am otherwise unimpressed to what current value it adds here and now.

We are talking piggy data after all and exactly what healing effect does the control of lactated ringers either injected or sprayed really add ?

Todays news shows we are still very far away from the application being used in any sort of main stream setting.

I still see it as a niche or emergency mass casualty application

standard of care comments are way off base until compared to standard of care

While I though a near term pop into the $0.40's was possible this wasn't the news I thought would get us there... and even then would it keep us there ? Lets see what tomorrow brings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lugano

Barda / Burns - - - It works 01 Dec 2015 07:20 #5541

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
The investor presentation estimates the TAM at >$70 million for thermal burns. With 40,000 3rd degree burns per year in this country, that translates into $1750 per patient for a single treatment. As you stated, burn victims will have multiple injections after the initial healing explaining the > sign.

Due to the Worthington distribution deal, I am increasing my 2016 sales estimate to $25,000 from $10,000. :happy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites