• Page:

TOPIC: Another Board Member

Another Board Member 03 Apr 2017 06:13 #9097

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Dont we have enough of them already?

SAN DIEGO, April 03, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CYTX) (“Cytori” or the “Company”) today announced that Gregg Lapointe has joined the Company’s Board of Directors to serve as an independent director, effective March 31, 2017.
Mr. Lapointe has over 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. He is a Co-Founder and currently serves as the CEO of Cerium Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing medicines for patients with rare diseases. Previously, he held several managerial and executive roles at Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals including serving as CEO from 2008 to 2012. Prior to that, Mr. Lapointe held various financial and operations roles at AstenJohnson, Medical Plastic Devices, Inc. and Ingram & Bell Meditron. Prior to joining Ingram & Bell Meditron, he served as a Senior Manager at Zittrer Siblin Stein Levine, a management consultant mergers and acquisitions firm based in Montreal, Canada. Mr. Lapointe began his career at Price Waterhouse in 1982 as a Chartered Accountant with progressive advancement from staff accountant to Audit Manager. Mr. Lapointe received a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Concordia University, a Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy from McGill University and an MBA from Duke University. He is a Certified Public Accountant in Illinois. Mr. Lapointe currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors of SciClone Pharmaceuticals, Soligenix and Immunocellular Therapeutics and on the Board of Trustees of the Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences. He has previously served on the Board and as Chair of the Rare Disease Committee of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and as a member of the Board of Directors of Questcor Pharmaceuticals and Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp.
"We are delighted to welcome Gregg to our Board. He is an accomplished executive with highly relevant experiences and competencies leading biopharmaceutical companies through periods of high intensity growth. His business acumen and leadership abilities are important additions at this exciting time of growth and transformation for Cytori," said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori Therapeutics.
"Cytori’s platform technology and late stage HABEO cellular therapeutic have the potential to substantially improve the lives of patients with scleroderma as well as a number of other rare diseases,” commented Mr. Lapointe. "I have been a part of numerous companies at this exciting stage of the corporate lifecycle and feel this technology could be transformative. I believe I can bring the benefit of my experience and orphan commercialization perspective to an already experienced life sciences management team and board of directors."

The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Another Board Member 07 Apr 2017 14:29 #9104

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Another resignation, another "nobody" replacement with zero impressive credits.

Another Board Member 08 Apr 2017 07:47 #9105

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 194
The last two additions to the BOD have been touted as experienced in launching new products and bringing small companies through intense growth periods. This is the right thing to do because as we all know, Cytori has never been able to sell stem cell therapies into the private pay market. Hopefully, these new members will guide Hedrick away from the potential blunders of selling under insurance reimbursement conditions.

Hedrick's biggest shortfall in the last two years (and especially now) is his inability to find a big league advocate for the company's technology. Maxim and B Riley and Ascendant do not have the following to absorb the dilution. Big money simply doesn't have enough faith to invest based on SCLEREDEC I or any of the other datasets. Frankly, I am not sure if the lack of faith is in the management team to be able to execute a sales ramp or a lack of faith that the STAR data will be good enough to obtain FDA approval and adequate insurance reimbursement. Either way or both, Hedrick needs to recruit people who can go to Wall Street and find investors in the business model. He has never done that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Another Board Member 08 Apr 2017 12:31 #9106

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
DOV
I think there also may be a question on how large of a market will be addressed.
This may be figured in potential partner thinking as well and what they are willing to pay upfront.
I know I have lower expectations until proven wrong.
Both Calhoun and Hedrick had / have huge expectations for a payday but given the nature of what they have proven to date and their own ineptness would urge cation to any reasonable person.

So we are going to be left with from what level would the scleroderma data release start from and what near term value gets placed on it ?

Another Board Member 08 Apr 2017 19:32 #9107

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think "touted" is the key word. If you research the two last board additions, and what they've factually been able to do for companies as far as share value/market cap/sales/big partnerships, etc. (financial matters, i.e., the matters that matter so to speak), you'll find that the resumes are not nearly as impressive as the academics/titles they reveal. Granted, I shouldn't have wrote "zero" in my earlier post: academic achievement and corporate climbing are certainly worth something; unfortunately, however, that something has nothing to offer shareholders. Rickey, on the other hand, has made some great calls in his career yet unfortunately is either a one hit wonder or has just given up on Cytori for other pursuits. How he still has Hedrick as CEO, I will never ever, ever ever, know. That lackadaisical California work pace, easy come easy go, calmness for quality of life bullshit, is not only maddening to big-balled work horses, but it's a recipe for disaster. Bet your bottom dollar he better learn to appeal to Wall Street.

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 08:23 #9108

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
April 5, 2017
Corbus Pharmaceuticals to Commence Single Phase 3 Study of Anabasum for Treatment of Systemic Sclerosis Following Guidance Received from Successful End-of-Phase 2 Meeting with FDA

NORWOOD, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/05/17 -- Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRBP) ("Corbus" or the "Company"), a clinical stage drug development company targeting rare, chronic, serious inflammatory and fibrotic diseases, today announced that the Company will be proceeding with a single Phase 3 study to support a New Drug Application ("NDA") for anabasum for the treatment of diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis ("systemic sclerosis"). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") has provided guidance on the development program and the design of the study. The international Phase 3 trial will be a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study conducted in approximately 270 adults with systemic sclerosis. Subjects will be randomized to receive anabasum 20 mg twice per day, anabasum 5 mg twice per day, or placebo twice per day. Corbus expects to enroll its first patient in this study in the fourth quarter of 2017.

"With the conclusion of a successful end-of-Phase 2 meeting with FDA, we believe we have a clear path forward to advance the clinical development of anabasum to support an NDA for the treatment of systemic sclerosis," said Barbara White, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Corbus. "We are engaging the European Medicines Agency ("EMA") in similar discussions. We look forward to potentially providing systemic sclerosis patients with an effective therapeutic option for a disease for which there remains significant unmet medical need."

The primary efficacy outcome of the Phase 3 study will be change from baseline at week 52 in modified Rodnan skin score ("mRSS"), a measure of skin thickening and a validated clinical outcome in systemic sclerosis. In the positive Phase 2 study reported in November 2016, the mean improvement from baseline in mRSS for anabasum-treated subjects was greater than placebo-treated subjects and considered medically meaningful. The improvement in mRSS was accompanied by statistically significant improvement in patient-reported skin symptoms and reduced expression of genes associated with

inflammation and fibrosis in skin biopsies from trial subjects. Secondary outcomes of the Phase 3 study will include the American College of Rheumatology Combined Response Index in diffuse cutaneous Systemic Sclerosis ("ACR CRISS") score, a novel composite measure of clinical improvement from baseline that incorporates change from baseline in mRSS, lung function, and other physician and patient reported outcomes. Anabasum- treated subjects in the Phase 2 study showed significant improvement in ACR CRISS score versus placebo-treated subjects.

"We are delighted with the design of this single Phase 3 study in systemic sclerosis," said Yuval Cohen, Ph.D., CEO of Corbus. "Successful execution of this trial is a top priority for Corbus. We believe we have the team and the capital to make this happen."

Anabasum was granted Orphan Drug Designation and Fast Track status by the FDA for the treatment of systemic sclerosis in 2015 and Orphan Drug Designation by the EMA in January 2017. Corbus also has an ongoing 12-month, open-label extension to its Phase 2 clinical study of anabasum for systemic sclerosis.

About Systemic Sclerosis
Systemic sclerosis is a chronic, systemic autoimmune rheumatic disease with an unclear etiology. Systemic sclerosis affects approximately 90,000 people in the United States and Europe[/color], with disease onset typically in mid-life. About 80 percent of systemic sclerosis patients are women. The disease process in systemic sclerosis includes activation of the immune system, with damage to small blood vessels and fibrosis of the skin on internal organs, including lungs, heart, kidneys, gastrointestinal tract and musculoskeletal system. Chronic disease burden, morbidity and mortality are significant. Cardiopulmonary disease is the major cause of death in systemic sclerosis. Immunosuppressive medications such as oral corticosteroids, methotrexate, cyclophosphamide, and mycophenolate mofetil are used to treat patients with more severe signs and symptoms of disease. Currently, there are no FDA-approved treatments specifically indicated for the treatment of systemic sclerosis, other than pulmonary artery hypertension secondary to connective tissue diseases such as systemic sclerosis.

Tiago told me about this company. I think he hopes Cytori will get a similar market cap after the STAR data is released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joncon63

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 09:01 #9109

• Joncon63
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
That would be a start, but still a long way to go to break even!

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 10:40 #9110

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Tiago told me about this company. I think he hopes Cytori will get a similar market cap after the STAR data is released.***
Leaving the bozo factor aside for a minute, you dont think the large debt burden, the fact that everyone knows Cytori will be selling new shares into the pop (even if its to LPC) and the fact that the warrant holders at $3.06 will be exercised or have to be paid off in cash will have a effect on potential near term market cap ?

Otherwise I could see $200 million post positive data release and $400 million post FDA approval as fair.
The above midigating factors and general market whims make such valuation assumptions by Tiago impossible IMHO.

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 10:41 #9111

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Forgot to add....I wonder if Cytori's tech from Azaya could play a future role for CRBP ?

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 12:12 #9112

• DOV
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge,

All of that will have a negative effect on the stock price. I do not expect the stock price to get to double digits until Cytori gets FDA approval and some real money managers get behind the story. I did look over the Corbus 10K and saw a lot of similarities with Cytori. They just funded their cash needs through 2018 by issuing new stock at $7.00 after a rally induced by data. They have no debt, roughly $35 million in cash today, and their losses were $20 million on $1.9 million in collaboration revenue. R&D and SG&A are the same as Cytori. They have about 45 million shares outstanding. Data from their phase 3 trial is expected to come out in 2019.

The main differences are Corbus is ahead of Cytori in cash and debt by approximately $50 million today. Cytori is ahead of Corbus in current revenues and expected time to FDA approval. Cytori should be profitable in 2019, while Corbus should turn a profit in 2020 or 2021. If Cytori can raise $50 million by issuing 20 million shares immediately, I would give Cytori the edge over Corbus as a better investment. That is a big "IF" and the tainted track record of Cytori management is what makes up the difference in market cap. Plus, the biggest factor is that Corbus is a drug company and Cytori is a stem cell company with some exposure to nano particle drugs. Still betting stem cells will be the next big thing in the field of medicine and I hope Cytori is in the mix.

Another Board Member 09 Apr 2017 21:58 #9113

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
DOV
Yeah, I took a quick look at the CRBP 10K as well before posting earlier today.
Well, everyone knows the game plan. My concern is where we start for a post data pop. Normally, or at least often, a stock will slowly rise a little in anticipation of such news but nothing is normal here so we will just have to see how it all plays out.
Hedrick gets another chance to build some excitement next month. The year end 2016 update was dry as toast...at least what I was able to listen to.

Another Board Member 11 Apr 2017 11:39 #9139

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Let me get this straight DOV, if this drug is successful, it will systematically treat the whole body and put Scleroderma into remission whereas Cytori's treatment is for hands only? Easy too see where this will lead if the drug proves effective.

Another Board Member 12 Apr 2017 19:08 #9151

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Fas and Hedge

I am puzzled by the AZA acquisition.

Yet, I may have seen something interesting in this(speculation).

In the current 10 K, it is mentioned that the company is still engaged in some kind of OA partnership talk. OA is a big indication. While the current phase 2 data helps the Japanese sales and marketing, I think more development is needed to move this indication forward in the US.

According to Okyanos website, they have a different way to treat their OA patients. They feel that the CYTX method is not good enough: the cells need to adhere to the target sites more. They mention increased viscosity is needed.

I think applying nanotechnology over the current CYTX treatment procedure (cells harvested using Celution 800 and injected locally with liposomal additives) may improve the clinical outcome. Bill Enzminger of Michigan combines mitomycin C with corn starch microspheres in the treatment of hepatic tumors successfully. In my experiences with mitoextra, the liposomal additives can be considered excipients (FDA should have no problems with this concept).

Note: I think CTX2 cannot really replace Celution 800 when patients traffic is busy. CTX2 can be used in military combat setting and in situations in which lower medical costs are needed in the treatment of less severe medical conditions, such as Raynaud's.

Just my thoughts.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites