The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 20 Apr 2018 08:39 #11691

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I cast my vote for the ASM yesterday and might as well share the letter from Marc here

First of all, thank you for your continued support for Cytori and its mission. Despite the disappointing results of our U.S. STAR trial for Habeo Cell Therapy in mid-2017, a number of key milestones were achieved during the year and 2018 promises to be a likewise eventful year as we work to move our oncology and cell therapy products closer to full market approval.
In early, 2017, we acquired assets of Azaya Therapeutics, its nanoparticle technology and its Texas-based manufacturing facility. Later this year, this facility will begin manufacturing at commercial scale, our lead product, ATI-0918. This drug is a nanoparticle, encapsulated generic formulation of liposomal doxorubicin; a chemotherapeutic agent used commonly to treat breast and ovarian cancer. ATI-0918 has been shown to be bioequivalent to the European reference drug and we intend to file for approval in Europe and in certain secondary markets, once key manufacturing, quality and regulatory milestones are met.
The market for liposomal doxorubicin is anticipated to continue to grow on a global basis, despite the introduction of newer oncology products. Our intention is to commercialize this drug via collaboration with partners.
Our oncology pipeline includes a proprietary drug, ATI-1123, a nanoparticle docetaxel that has shown safety and signs of potential efficacy in Phase I. Our plan is to partner this drug and initially seek further clinical data for relapsing small cell lung cancer.
With respect to our cell therapy program, our U.S. STAR trial for HabeoTM Cell Therapy in patients with scleroderma did not meet its primary endpoint, but showed that it was safe and potentially effective in the subset of patients with diffuse scleroderma. Cytori is currently working with the FDA to develop a clinical plan for approval for this indication. Furthermore, the European sister trial to STAR, SCLERADEC-II was fully enrolled in early 2018; we anticipate data later in the year.
Our Japanese investigator-initiated ADRESU approval trial using Cytori Cell Therapy for male stress urinary incontinence following prostate surgery completed enrollment in March 2018. If results are positive, we intend to file for approval for this indication in Japan. Our BARDA-funded thermal burn clinical trial should begin enrollment later this year.
Finally, we continue to commercialize our cell therapy technology under relevant provisions of the Regenerative Medicine Law in Japan. In 2017, we continued to generate double digit consumable sales growth and anticipate that trend to continue in 2018, as an increasing number of hospitals and clinics implement our technology to treat patients with aesthetic, breast and orthopedic conditions.
In conclusion, I want to recognize the employees of Cytori for their dedication to the company and its mission. The many achievements of 2017 are because of them. Due to their hard work and dedication, as well the support of our various stakeholders and the medical providers and patients that trust us; we have many more promising opportunities to which we can look forward in 2018. Thank you once again for your support! Sincerely

This statement above in red- similar to the interesting statement from Girao at the last CC- I find intriging and concerning at the same time. Why would there be "many more interesting opportunities in 2018" when the shareholders do not know about those????????

Of course, one can make sophisticated guesses, a cardiac technology license, based on past clinics and the presumably now completed Polish study (and possible others?????) would be a good bet- an ortho license in Japan with one of those clinics, which treat patients now, also very well possible.

Long term though- combining nano-tech with CCT vesicles I find mind-blowing and presents the reason why I invested some more in Cytori- a kind of "rien ne va plus". But,

With diabetic issues growing with an alarming rate and patients with the disorder having "leaky bloodvessels" like cancer patients, the potential is enormous....

assuming Cytori survives and does not get sold or goes bankrupt.....:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodney.strongg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 20 Apr 2018 14:56 #11692

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Sort of interesting that Fas' post re ASM filing had about 24 views *before my reply) when there are only about 5 posters that ever post anymore - also, HF had two posts in the middle of April with no replies that had 62 and 45 views - who are these other posters and why do they never post anymore?

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 24 Apr 2018 07:22 #11694

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Rodney- lets face it. With a PPS of 28-29 cents, a reverse split of 15 to 1 in 2016 and another one most likely coming if nothing spectacular happens, the incentive to own Cytori is quite minimal and therefore a lot of folks simply bailed out- understandable.

I can live with a 10 to 1 split- nothing will happen to the market cap, except making the stock more attractive to shorts most likely. Another financing round is another issue to me, I hope that can be avoided.

Management will get its options probably on Friday- am curious how wild that will be....:grin:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 24 Apr 2018 07:38 #11696

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, I understand the rationale for many CYTX investors having bailed-out - the question that I posed was why are there still a fair amount of "viewers" even if they do not post anymore - perhaps, they still have not totally bailed - in any event, I agree with you that we need something spectacular to avoid the RS and another financing - looking bleak at the moment.

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 28 Apr 2018 06:37 #11716

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I understand the rationale for many CYTX investors having bailed-out - the question that I posed was why are there still a fair amount of "viewers" even if they do not post anymore - perhaps, they still have not totally bailed - in any event, I agree with you that we need something spectacular to avoid the RS and another financing - looking bleak at the moment.

Worse than looking bleak, it appears that the S-1 filing spells "Ballgame Over"!!

ASM Filing and Letter from the CEO 28 Apr 2018 09:08 #11717

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Disagree RS for management anyway...game continues !!!
Biggest problem assuming they get the full amount less fees of course is it doesnt last long...barely into next year with current projections.
Remember full debt payments start Sept. 1st...$1.3 million a month meaning $5.4 million due by year end !!! That is one big nut. I dont know if they can work something on the debt side again....but a early 2019 raise will be coming if not.
If a 2019 raise happens that should finally be enough to see if they can monetize the Azaya assets.
Lets see what they say with the earnings report in 2 weeks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites