The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sabby Filing

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 03:54 #2456

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
What was already in the grapevine is now confirmed by the new 13G filing by Sabby Management LLC.

They have increased their holding from a small 2 Mio shares to 8.4 Mio and therefore are one of the largest holders of Cytori stock- about 10% or so. (plus plenty of warrants)

The man behind Sabby is Hal Mintz- you do not find pictures of him on the web easily.

He seems to be a winner- recently made 170 Mio on Vertex calls and is pretty much biotech that is mainly regen tech minded-

someone did his DD on Mintz two years ago and came up with this:

So far I have been unable to find a website for Sabby. Looks like Hal Mintz is in with a few companies as a hedge fund private equities manager. My concern would be how toxic his deals are that he makes with the companies he deals with. Converting warrants at the wrong time could kill potential. Some of the DD I have found so far suggests that he wants the company to succeed and prosper and when they don't he tries to get personally involved to find out why and try and guide them in the right direction. I must add that whenever I see monies flowing through the Cayman Islands I cringe.

Sabby Management, LLC is a Delaware limited liability company. Sabby Management, LLC serves as the investment manager of Sabby Healthcare Volatility Master Fund, Ltd., a Cayman Islands company, and Sabby Volatility Warrant Master Fund, Ltd., a Cayman Islands company. Sabby Management, LLC, in its capacity as investment advisor to Sabby Healthcare Volatility Master Fund, Ltd. and Sabby Volatility Warrant Master Fund, Ltd.,

Sabby Healthcare Volatility Master Fund, Ltd
Sabby Management, LLC and Hal Mintz

See filing here: Sabby Filing
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 08:16 #2457

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, Sabby looks like they own much more than 10%?? Am I missing something? :KO:

d9

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 09:05 #2458

• fas
D9

If I recall right, they relate their ownership to the last published official filing which I believe was the prospectus

That has-

Common stock to be outstanding immediately after this offering 79,541,775 shares, or 131,464,857 shares if the Preferred Stock and warrants sold in this offering are converted and exercised in full.

The 10K issued August 11 had this number too-

As of July 31, 2014, there were 79,541,775 shares of the registrant’s common stock outstanding.

Whatever- comes close- I still recall in 2005 when they had 13 Mio shares OS and me and my buddies owned 7-8% of Cytori.

That Company financially ruined me, but I am still a happy camper- healthy, non-smoker and possessing everything that is important to me. :grin: :vegas:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 09:30 #2459

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Thank you for the clarification fas. We sometimes pick winners, and sometimes losers, and I roll with the punches. To have ones health, friends and family is what matters. Just lost a friend at 69 years young this week. My blessings are counted daily. Perhaps the pieces can be glued back together in San Diego, we will have to settle for crumbs instead of the full loaf. :vegas:

d9

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 09:41 #2460

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Fas, wondering if you might comment on the state of Cytori and your expectations today as fas as ROI. I am also curious if DOV has responded to his concerned investor group, since the latest fiasco. I know you are close so perhaps you could get him to offer his opinion on Cytori. Obviously $500 per share is not in the picture any longer. I find it shameful that Hendrik has not commented to shareholders about what has transpired and what we can expect going forward although I do not find another promise of better communication with shareholders going unfulfilled. Guess now that our shares have been so dramatically diluted he only answers to one master now. Wonder what Kt Lim is thinking, as there is absolutely no progress being discussed and lorem vascular does not even have an active website. i have given my address on existing site for updates but nada.

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 10:39 #2461

• fas
Michael-

You have been very good at conveying your displeasure and emotions on the stock, which at occasions have been spot on.

I have been critical also, but fact is- as baseball players say after they lost key games- it is what it is-cannot change it and will keep fighting for better results. This stone age wisdom applies to Cytori too as long as they are not bankrupt and I do not think that will happen.

Key obviously is: everybody knows- ADRCs work i.e. the technology works, but have been managed by totally incompetent folks- Mark Saad Number 1- Chris Calhoun-the eternal optimist who asked too much for the tech and Hedrick and Thiago not much better. Probably even less talented.

They sold out the Company to newcomers since they did not have a plan B after plan A apparently went sour again- a deal by Calhoun.
Plan B should have been prepared for stockholders who had been invested for ages (>5 years) to participate in a rights offering i.e. having them diluting them themselves instead of by Sabby et al.

That would have been fair. I am sure there would have been takers.

Anyway- I am personally benefiting from this situation- as a pensioner my disposable income is about 1500$ above what I need to live in a very generous fashion. So that means I add 2-3K per month now. Not much, but enough. That makes me a happy camper after having survived 13 years without regular income and losing my fortune on Cytori and my own stupid mistakes in 2008.

To borrow from others- KT Lim is doing fine- some expect even a milestone payment from that corner, which extends Cytori´s "cash burn life" >3 months. Japan is our main hope and I do expect (still) a partner from that country.

Lewis will surely tell you that Cytori has been like "living a nightmare".

Having been through, what I have been through, I think that is almost an understatement... :grin: :really: :grin: -so I only partly agree.

Than again- both Lewis and I agree that the game aint over yet and things look good going forward. :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kekzy, d9dozrman, keysman

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 10:55 #2462

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
It seems as though the Jackels have decided that the carcass has been out in the light long enough. They will now pull it into their caves and have it to themselves. Pick over the bones and then put it out again when they are finished feeding. Then the bones themselves will be coveted by other scavengers. Happy Halloween!!! :evil:

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 11:05 #2463

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Fas,
If I am understanding you correctly, you have been adding to your position at these levels ?

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 11:30 #2464

• fas
Michael-

Yes of course. The PPS is for me like "manna from heaven".

Provides me the chance to participate fully again, since everybody else thinks Cytori at best is a "hold" :winky:

Sabby Filing 16 Oct 2014 23:56 #2466

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Fas
Sabby history in Cytori and stem cell company ATHX has not been one of a long term holder.

They once owned a bunch (several million shares) of Cytori from a raise a while ago and quickly sold every share.
They once owned over 4 million shares of ATHX and sold every share.

To exercise the warrants and stay under the poison pill provisions would they not have to be sellers here again ?

Wish you luck with your new cheap shares t!!!

BTW...there was no guarantee a rights offering would raised the amount required in the time required given the corner we were once again painted into so I do not believe it was a viable option.

Sabby Filing 17 Oct 2014 02:31 #2468

• fas
Hedge-
If I recall right- the poison pill rules kicks in at 15% yes. Back to 2009 or so- the Gagnon´s got a legal exception to extend the rules up to 20%.

Of course- if one acts timely, special dispensation can be given to anybody.

On the rights offering- I cannot really say, but there are folks that think, that it would have worked if the time frame of 6 weeks to arrange that, would have been available. Cytori has some wealthy private backers. :whistle:

Sabby Filing 17 Oct 2014 16:57 #2478

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep...remember the limit was 19.99% I believe...but I thought that was for anyone not just Gagnon. It was awhile ago so I may be off on that.

Interesting today had fairly good volume today yet still plenty of sellers sub Sabby $ 0.52 deal.

All well...next week we try again.

Sabby Filing 21 Oct 2014 16:44 #2494

• mikehelin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Interesting to note that Sabby Management became the the third largest shareholder (new position 1,795,963 shares) in the second quarter when the share price averaged just under $2.50. They have lost about 80% of the money invested just a few months ago but have stepped up their buying.

Changes in institutional holdings for the end of the second quarter were as follows.

New Positions : 8 1,906,374 11.03%
Increased Positions : 30 1,506,614 8.72%
Unchanged Positions : 20 955,151 5.53%
Decreased Positions : 18 -799,994 -4.63%
Closed Positions : 6 -281,541 -1.63%

Source; www.j3sg.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy, keysman

MEH

Sabby Filing 21 Oct 2014 16:55 #2495

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Really ????? :cry: :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites