The Company
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our "former" partner Olympus

Our "former" partner Olympus 17 Jan 2015 12:37 #3215

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Besides the debt to Oxford Finance & Co there is also this minor issue of resolving the business with our "former partner Olympus".

That basically relates to the acquisition of the Olympus shares in the Olympus-Cytori JV by Cytori- which was announced March 2012. Various (6) payment schemes were designed ranging from 4.5 to 16 Mio depending on the timing of payments.

As a result of this re-assessment as of March 31, 2014 the Company believed it would settle the obligation for a total of $4.5 Mio (less any instalment payments already made), which .... bla bla bla (not relevant)

The above was a line in the 10Q regarding settling the liability- despite paying already 2.7 Mio Cytori could not manage the 1.8 Mio by May 8 2014 so the liability increased with 1.5 Mio$.

As of May 8, 2014, the Company’s obligation to Olympus had not been settled, and accordingly, the obligation increased by $1.5 Mio under an alternative payment option. This option calls for $6.0 milion in total payments to be made by May 8, 2015.
Since we have made payments totaling $2.7 Mio through September 30, 2014 our remaining payment obligation under this option is now $3.3 Mio.

So if the 3.3 Mio is not "available" the liability increases with a few Mio per may 8 2015

So - How is Olympus doing themselves???

Well- I must say I was kind of surprised looking at the profit forecasts as of March 2015. Pretty good I would say, but that only can be the medical business. The imaging or camera business is "for the birds".

Last time we looked Sony took a 10% stake in Olympus after Olympus apparently fended off a hostile take-over by Terumo.

A filing recently came out settling a charge from an unnamed (=Terumo) shareholder in misleading reporting. Terumo receives 4 Bio Yen (approx. 40Mio$)

Olympus dismantled its Biotech businesses in Europe and the USA in 2014- mainly OP-1 and re-selling Olympus-Terumo JV products. You can read more here -

Bailing out of Biotech

Mind you- :grin: - the main thing is- the JV with Terumo is still alive and kicking in Japan- AND THEY HAVE THE MAIN REGEN ASSETS.... :cool:

Latest news is that Olympus splits up its Medical Device Business- which was primarily Gastro - into 5 (five) medical BU´s- apparently they have expansion plans here...

Time will tell... but I am sure Olympus is also "smelling something" in respect of the new law.. :grin: :bye:

Here is the announcement of the reorganization per April 1 2015...

File Attachment:

File Name: Reorg-olympus-01-15.pdf
File Size: 364 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Our "former" partner Olympus 17 Jan 2015 13:44 #3216

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Olympus may indeed smell something...perhaps the stench of the next dilutive financing out of San Diego ? :grin: :evil:

Olympus has been sitting doing nothing in the space for years...they are in the "show me" camp with Cytori imho !!!

Our "former" partner Olympus 17 Jan 2015 14:04 #3217

• fas
Hedge-

I am sure Cytori and "the stench of dilution" is no issue for them at all at present.

Key learning from my DD seems to be that they are on the road of recovery- they decided for Sony as partner, but their main thrift is towards medical devices in various medical arena´s and the question is how are they gonna deal with Terumo-a Company not well liked apparently.

I put NO VALUE on the Cytori relationship- past, present and even future at present.

Cytori has to prove themselves first, before becoming an issue again at Olympus imo.

But than again - not all is lost also. :yawn:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Our "former" partner Olympus 18 Jan 2015 10:50 #3218

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Fas...I think you misunderstood me on the dilution reference. :grin:

However, with now, both, Roth and Maxim price targets at $6 certainly they are setting the stage for another Cytori raise !

Our "former" partner Olympus 10 Apr 2015 04:16 #4142

• fas
Update on Olympus coming... :write:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites