• Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos -

Okyanos - 05 Nov 2015 06:05 #5411

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Okyanos is the real life exponent of what SVF can do. They are celebrating their first year of operation and the information provided is fascinating.

okyanos.com/News/cell-therapy-leader-1-year-anniversary/

Firstly, Eric Duckers endorsement of the Okyanos facility is not inconsequential. “This purpose-built facility is ideal for patients with autoimmune, orthopedic, cardiovascular and neurological conditions to safely receive the highest possible therapeutic dose of ADRCs due to their technological investments.” Lets not forget that he was Principal Investigator on a Mesoblast trial at Utrecht.

Secondly, it was very interesting to learn that: Okyanos has also begun to contribute to the advancement of cell therapy research, having just recently completed the initial stages of a privately-funded study of patients with progressive multiple sclerosis, many of whom are now in post-treatment follow-up. Many of whom ???????? Makes you wonder what exactly SVF is NOT good for? :cool:

okyanos.com/autoimmune/multiple-sclerosis-ms/

No doubt Okyanos is a private business venture and all of the above is, to a certain extent, marketing material. However they appear to me to be careful to not be early adopters and to take on patients with indications for which they believe there is a scientific basis for expecting a positive outcome. We know from previous discussions that MS is a condition that may well be suited to SVF treatment (Riordan trial).

www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-therapy-for-multiple-sclerosis-and-rheumatoid-arthritis-scientific-rationale/

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2679713/

What I find most heartening about Okyanos' first year of operation is that it actually occurred, despite our wondering whether it would ever start given the length of time from the initial announcement of its establishment to its actually operating. Perhaps this may also be true of Cytori, simply a late starter :winky:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Okyanos - 05 Nov 2015 09:57 #5417

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
I went to their website last night to see if they were offering any type of indications of numbers of treatments competed in their first year of operation. None was offered that I found..

***Many of whom ????????***

Nice to see they are doing a study in MS but not getting excited on the numbers just yet...this comment may be referring to 7 of 10 patients in a phase 1. Again, no "real" info offered.

Okyanos - 05 Nov 2015 10:14 #5418

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Rongside,

The very fact that Okyanos is treating patients with ADRC's, and further that those patients are paying for the treatments, is surely positive for the therapy. Although it may be a bit troubling to some there is a marketing aspect that is a part of their business. As you said it is "heartening" to those who believe in the therapy to see results associated with the procedures. From the anecdotal evidence provided by Okyanos I perceive it to be a top notch operation. The investment that Okyanos has made is substantial, and the people and facility seem to be dedicated to find successful treatments for their patients.

Certainly if they are able to achieve successful outcomes it will be great for the entire stem cell space.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites