TOPIC: Capitulation

Capitulation 11 Dec 2015 16:28 #5658

• fatboy
  • fatboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
December 11, 2015

Shares of the company fall to 27 cents a share on high volume.

Market cap less than fifty million dollars.
In the midst of a battle with the exchange to avoid de-listing.

I am afraid the end is near. I am disappointed that management was not able to find a way to deliver the benefits of the technology to help people. I find it hard to believe that the mass amounts of money and work that purportedly have been garnered in order to promote the benefits of stem cell therapy by this company have all been wasted. I am saddened and disgusted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Capitulation 11 Dec 2015 18:04 #5659

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
fatboy

Are you talking personal capitulation ?
I too was looking for capitulation today but considered volume of 8-10 million shares needed. Volume fell off as the day went on.
I don't think we got it today. :really: I expect more pressure.

Capitulation 11 Dec 2015 23:45 #5662

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
As per the Nasdaq site on 30/09/2015 I was the 12th largest institutional investor in CYTX (assuming I was an institution). This is not a normal or natural state of affairs as I am not rich (just determined). Certainly there is a large number of individual investors who have invested substantial sums at high prices and their holdings do not reflect their capital investment: I am one of them despite my lofty ranking.

As Fas says, someone has to have been buying/accumulating the shares. I do not think the dispersion of shares is that great. How low do they want this company to go?. Is there a conspiracy between the CYTX debt holder and the shorts to steal the technology from the existing shareholders? Is it the objective of the shorts (who are also long by benefit of the warrants) to get total capitulation so that they not only control the stock but also OWN IT?

Management has fallen into the clutches of the professional Shylock/bankers in the past. They are now doing all that they can given the situation they have gotten themselves into ie. get compelling clinical data proving efficacy. Lets hope that they are not bullied or bribed into selling us out. They have done a lot of positive things to get where they are, clinically. We have stuck with them. Lets hope that they have fortitude and honor to do the right thing.

Hedge, at these levels I am buying more. I will not capitulate (and hope that I am not their benchmark). Lets see how low they can take it. The law of diminishing returns can work against them if they are not careful. As for the R/S this may give them a psychological weapon against the weak holders but it does not protect them from positive clinical data and a partnership deal. In the end they also stand to benefit from being long, or turning net long when this is the road of least resistance. It's :evil: and :puke: to think that there are people that are happy to take advantage of those who would do good, but lets face it, as the scorpion said to the frog " I can't help myself, it's in my nature".

No margin, no options and knowing where your next meal is coming from is the basis for being true to your convictions. :bye:
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 07:48 #5664

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116

Hedge, at these levels I am buying more. I will not capitulate (and hope that I am not their benchmark). Lets see how low they can take it. The law of diminishing returns can work against them if they are not careful. As for the R/S this may give them a psychological weapon against the weak holders but it does not protect them from positive clinical data and a partnership deal. In the end they also stand to benefit from being long, or turning net long when this is the road of least resistance. It's :evil: and :puke: to think that there are people that are happy to take advantage of those who would do good, but lets face it, as the scorpion said to the frog " I can't help myself, it's in my nature".

No margin, no options and knowing where your next meal is coming from is the basis for being true to your convictions. :bye:

Fully agree to every word which was written.

I was going to give myself a present for X-mas with the powerstation below- Instead I transferred that money to my broker for a few additional Cytori´s. I refuse to capitulate too and will add where I can. :evil: :evil:

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 08:40 #5666

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
Fas and Wrongside, I think what Hedge is saying is that panic selling may not have ended, because the selling volumes may still be considered "not big enough".

I personally think that we may have seen enough so-called panic selling. This new round of selling has actually started last week as CYTXer may have pointed out. Then, selling swelled this week with over 6 million shares traded in the past 2 sessions. The selling seems to subside in the afternoon Friday.

I think the selling has been initiated by some big holders and then the small guys joined in, while stop losses might have brought us below 30 cents to 25 cents (50% of recent highs). I think many longs are so disappointed that they may have sold out for good.

It is so amazing to observe that regardless what the new management team has done over the one year, the stock price keeps on sinking to what is now! Sad.

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 09:04 #5667

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
rongside

To me, the Cytori potential story has changed a lot over the years but even I found myself considering at what price a small purchase seemed worth a gamble. That price wasn't reached yesterday....so we will see what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also considering a R/S split more likely even with partnership news. Maybe, maybe not...we'll see.

A list of considerations that may be playing a role

1. August call (D-)
2. Burn data...seemed interesting until looked at the control
3. Tax loss selling
4. MM's helping the cause....watch gaps in the bidding.
5. Some institutions don't like the possibility of CYTX going from NASDAQ National market to NASDAQ small cap market. thus selling.
6. Pressure being applied to force a NASDAQ market cap compliance warning BEFORE the hearing. (8 more days should do it at current pricing)
7. A real UNKNOWN out there.
8. Cash levels...while this is always a issue our time to seek the needed partnerships is limited.
9. Vampires lurk

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 09:07 #5668

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
How do you spell $ co$t avging? I'm with fas and have adjusted my priorities as of late. I do have to admit however that I will be very sad if we don't see good 24 week pain score results.

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 09:53 #5671

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Franshei- I have studied and analyzed thousands of companies "on the move". some creating buying opp, some signaling a bad sign, and a LOT of them that are hiding some kind of news.

It's amazing to me how everyone is saying to "buy buy buy", and not for one second pausing to think what the heck is going on, and why...

Out of thousands of the charts that I have looked at, every single of them that looks like CYTX does today, ended up out of business in a few years. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Maybe the results are not as good as they should be? I don't know. If you ask the good folks here, they all tell you this is a winner.. To me, someone has decided that the results are not good enough and the company is going BK... (The same people that decided the 2013 results weren't good and shorted the crap out of it) I think they are all related. I think we have some of the company folks here that claim they are investors, and claim they are buying non-stop.

I think there is something WRONG with the results or technology, or science. Maybe the percentage of improvement isn't good enough and won't sell and some people have figured it out already - I DON'T KNOW...

I am sorry, but I see a 100% chance that we all be disappointed. Miracles do happen, but you don't want to lose everything with those odds. (less than 1%). If you have money to burn, then sure.... but investing more than a gambling budget is a bad idea.

I was going to buy a lot of shares at much lower prices, but I am thinking that might be a waste of money as well, so I won't buy any shares. It looks like a loser, it acts like a loser, and I have never seen anything coming back from this situation. keeping my money where my mouth is, I will buy when it goes back above a dollar - without splits.

Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: fas

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 10:06 #5672

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Cyter, your call on the FUGLYness was dead on, I have to give you that. I'm still buying shares next week, and probably the week after that too if the price keeps trying to find a bottom here. If we don't see results and/or cash very soon we will end up like every other company. I like Vegas but right now I'm enjoying this more. I actually think we have good odds too. Even a buy out will be at a higher price than we are being offered right now IMHO.

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 11:23 #5673

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
cytxer

Clearly you haven't looked at enough charts.

There are many zombie companies out there....DSCO DCTH ENZN the list is very long and they still survive. Even BTX is a completely different company from its origins in the blood volume expander market. Others have gone to the edge and come back nicely.

I will agree with you that currently I would place buying shares in the "gamble" category !

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 11:49 #5674

• fas
I think that was an honest post (again) by CYTXer and I sympathise with its contents. They - those contents- even make sense to me, but as I have written a thousand times before-

I do believe in the technology- it hasnt disappointed me yet- and I do not think it will. For that reason I cannot have a different motivation than the way I act.
On top of that- believe it or not, besides myself ( I am definitely not a Company employee :grin: :grin: ) there are still friends of Cytori, who can foot bills and clinical trials, although maybe not the "real big ones".

Those folks are the only ones that I can see scooping up shares... I hope I am right.... than the chance of rewards increase tremendously.. :cool:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 12:54 #5675

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

I do believe in the technology- it hasnt disappointed me yet- and I do not think it will. For that reason I cannot have a different motivation than the way I act.

You are not disappointed? If not in the technology then surely in the ability the company has demonstrated in its failure to reap any benefit from this "technology". Surely in the dismal performance of the share price? Surely in the apparent waste of hundreds of millions of dollars of shareholders money?

Faz, I appreciate your commitment, and it helps me maintain a glimmer of hope, but as others on this thread have said that glimmer is fading fast. I have resigned myself to the overwhelming probability that the small fortune I invested in Cytori is all but lost. For me this is capitulation.

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 13:08 #5676

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Are you talking personal capitulation ?

I am talking about personal capitulation. The rest will play out as it will. I do no portend to have enough knowledge to create any boundaries. I have consistently portrayed this company as an enigma. It's trials and tribulations have been an interesting journey for me. I have a feeling the journey is ending. I hope I am wrong.

Capitulation 12 Dec 2015 13:30 #5677

• paul
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
This is what worries me, from cytxer: "Maybe the results are not as good as they should be? I don't know. If you ask the good folks here, they all tell you this is a winner.. To me, someone has decided that the results are not good enough and the company is going BK... (The same people that decided the 2013 results weren't good and shorted the crap out of it) I think they are all related." We can't recover from bad results. I think the results will be great, but I know nothing.

Management has been the issue. I am very certain that Hedrick has more grey mater than me, but he is not a professional CEO. I have high hopes on Hayden.

If we get good results we have to learn how to quickly drop our past and focus on the future and how to maximize the gains from a success in a potentially big market. I am not a company employee, but a very long time cytori investor. I've suffered with the best of you and I feel your pain. I can buy more shares now with some of my mad money than at any time and I've never been more confident in the company.

I'm hoping for this exact result from the market, cytxer again: "I will buy when it goes back above a dollar - without splits."

Capitulation 14 Dec 2015 19:54 #5694

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
CYTXer, Thanks for your excellent message. Your view is always great.

If you are not buying till $ 1 or so (without a r/s), I think that you may not be a buyer at all, because there is no certainty that we would be $ 1 without a r/s in the future (?).

Are we ready to go up after 3 days of significant drops? I think shorting is now being curtailed. Besides. insiders may come out to buy today. If they do not, maybe they cannot buy when there is news pending.

Paul, I really appreciate your optimism. You should because I sense that you are a new comer and you are buying shares at prices that many longs would envy..

Capitulation 14 Dec 2015 23:19 #5697

• fas
Good morning- :grin:

When virtually all are proclaiming doomsday Tuesday.. :yep:

Anyway- I am happy with my X-mas present substitute Cytori´s which I bought at 24 Eurocents yesterday over another German Broker account...

and .

.Besides. insiders may come out to buy today. If they do not, maybe they cannot buy when there is news pending.

To my knowledge the window of opportunity will close 2 weeks before quarter/year end and should have been open since shortly after the Financial results in November..

Something HAS to be pending :KO: :evil: - it would be totally embarrassing (with access to the stock market closed in view of PPS) , if they were NOT negotiating... Let´s just hope that they will be successful this time :cool:

Capitulation 15 Dec 2015 12:03 #5702

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure they are still talking, imho.

I don't think its the negotiation aspect driving the PPS right now.

Of course I don't KNOW anymore than anyone else.

Capitulation 15 Dec 2015 12:12 #5703

• carl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Anyway Fas, good for you that you didn't waste money on the powerstation.
It doesn't work, you have to burn the "FAT" to stay healthy.

Burning the "FAT", it's a fact and that's why I believe in Cytori's tech.
Although my fait in the company Cytori is tested.

Capitulation 15 Dec 2015 12:28 #5704

• Old Young Fox
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
i bought today my last 50%.

i hope not to early :joy:

regards holdi

holdi

Capitulation 16 Dec 2015 07:56 #5709

• fas
I forgot to answer Carl.. :write:

Anyway Fas, good for you that you didn't waste money on the powerstation.
It doesn't work, you have to burn the "FAT" to stay healthy.

Carl- you are "talking" to an expert on natural health here... I learned more in 8 months picking up knowledge on natural health compared to 8 years of studying adult stem cells. Both have molecular biology as its basis- the whole thing is, I was guided on natural health and in the stem cell sector I had to find my way in the deep dark night without anyone guiding me.... :grin: :whistle:

Anyway- the truth is.

My body "runs" on fat- since July I am in "ketosis", meaning my liver makes ketones FROM FAT for energy burning in my mitochondria- the so called ATP synthase. That is since I avoid sugar AND other carbohydrates like crazy and my body changed its fuel from glucose (sugar) to ketones.
On average I probably consume less than 40 grams carbs daily. My senses have improved tremendously and a grape tastes like a sugar bomb now. A very dry merlot- presently my favorite wine, taste like sweet honey, just because of the change my taste buds have gone through. :grin:

Life is good- and I am still losing weight- at 88 kg now on my way to 78 (started at 110 6 months ago) and that work-out equipment helps me to burn "ketones" , which makes my liver want to burn more "fat". Got it ? :happy:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites