Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: Okyanos take-over

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 12:53 #9661

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
HOUSTON, July 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Beret Life Sciences LLC has finalized the acquisition of Okyanos Operating Company, Ltd., a state-of-the-art adult stem cell and regenerative medicine center based in Freeport, Grand Bahama.

Dr. W.E. ("Ed") Bosarge founded Black Beret Life Sciences (BBLS) to identify and manage investments in game-changing biotechnology innovations on behalf of the Bosarge family office and other investors. Since its launch in 2014, BBLS has invested in and supported key research and development efforts in regenerative medicine, obesity and diabetes, and cancer therapeutics.

Marc S. Penn, MD, PhD, FACC, serves as CEO and Chief Medical and Science Officer at BBLS, leading teams of researchers specializing in diverse medical disciplines. "BBLS invests in and helps manage companies which could dramatically improve patient outcomes for chronic conditions. The Okyanos Center for Regenerative Medicine provides adult stem cell therapy in a regulated jurisdiction with the highest level of safety and care," said Dr. Penn. "We look forward to the continued growth of Okyanos in collaboration with the National Stem Cell Ethics Committee of the Bahamas. Our goal is to develop an international stem cell treatment network that is deeply rooted in patient safety, the best medical practices and transparency. We will rigorously follow-up on our patient's treatment utilizing clinically meaningful measures to build a database of knowledge to accelerate the development of the regenerative medicine field globally."

Founded in 2011, Okyanos is located in Freeport, Grand Bahama, just 30 minutes from southern Florida. Okyanos is licensed by the Bahamas' National Stem Cell Ethics Committee (NSCEC), providing safe, regenerative therapies to patients with chronic conditions so they can live longer and healthier lives.

ABOUT BLACK BERET LIFE SCIENCES
Black Beret Life Sciences (BBLS) is the investment and management arm of the Houston-based Bosarge Family Office. The firm was established in 2014 by Dr. Ed Bosarge to organize and manage investments in potentially game-changing bio-technology and healthcare companies focused on regenerative medicine, anti-aging and immunotherapy. With an overall goal of extending healthier life, BBLS' portfolio of managed investments includes companies and research across an array of disease spectrums, including diabetes, neurodegeneration, osteoarthritis, cancer immunotherapy and various conditions related to aging. BBLS is based in Houston, TX, with offices worldwide. Learn more at www.bbls.net .

ABOUT OKYANOS CENTER FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (OH – KEY – AH – NOS)
A state-of-the art regenerative medicine center delivering cutting edge therapies for chronic conditions, Okyanos is a leading adult stem cell therapy provider with world class physicians and staff. Okyanos helps people with chronic, degenerative diseases including orthopedic, cardiac, neurologic and urologic conditions return to a more normal life through a treatment approach using fat-derived stem cells. Based in Freeport, Grand Bahama, Okyanos is licensed under the Bahamas Stem Cell Therapy and Research Act. The literary name Okyanos, the Greek god of the river Okeanos, symbolizes restoration of blood flow. Learn more at www.okyanos.com .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 13:01 #9662

• fas
Just for info-

Marc S. Penn the CEO of BBLS, is/was a very prominent cardiologist formerly of Cleveland Heartlab, who was PI in various clinical trial of cardiac SC therapies.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 13:04 #9663

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
So what's your opinion on this one Fas? My understanding is that Cytori was supplying the machines to Okyanos, will they now have the same working relationship with Black Beret? I guess that is the question.

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 14:37 #9665

• fas

b767cpt wrote: So what's your opinion on this one Fas? My understanding is that Cytori was supplying the machines to Okyanos, will they now have the same working relationship with Black Beret? I guess that is the question.

Yes, of course. The technology used at Okyanos is unlikely to change because of the change in ownership.

Thereto- although mere speculation, Houston as the home base of BBLS is also the home of Emerson Perin and his wife Jacky, both co-founders of Celactive. I presume Penn and Perin know each other very well, since having been involved in the same clinics as PI´s and I cannot imagine they want to switch to either whole bone marrow or a cultured brew for cardiac treatments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 22:14 #9666

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
''Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology.'' :cry:

Fas, you and me both. :bash: :cry: So many mistakes along the way. Inevitably regenerative medicine will succeed. Whether we benefit financially is highly doubtful. Lets hope that for that for the sake of humanity that someone succeeds. I doubt that it will be CYTX.

They have managed to find every pothole in the road to fall into. STAR has provided great phase II clinical data. Knowing these guys they will probably try a ''new'' phase III, and still manage to f#%k it up.

I have seen what I believe o have been conspiracies against other biotechs. CYTX does not fall into this caegory....... it has failed todate due to incompetence.

Okyanos take-over 25 Jul 2017 22:45 #9667

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Hedrick's comments are a total joke....only if they had more participants...LOL
He quickly forgot how he was touting the trial was OVERPOWERED for success !!!!!!!!!!

Here is the problem.
The signals are too weak and inconsistent
There seems to be no way to determine what they will get patient to patient.
Phase 1 trials prove little. Every time this is put up against a real control group it fails.
It looks like the FDA may have been right all along...they are manufacturing a drug but the input quality from the patient and the output from the celution machine varies let alone you then have to rely on the skill of the administrator.
Eager to hear the August CC....gardens can always use some organic fertilizer...LOL
Okyanos sale...no surprise...never went in much for the travel medicine path for this company. Too limited.

Okyanos take-over 26 Jul 2017 04:42 #9668

• fas
Ed Bosarge- a guy who seems to be very wealthy and founded The Bosarge family Office in 2014 is a highly interesting character.
Apparently a mathematical genius, who created the best known high frequency trading systems and licences them to big banks. But he is also a strong supporter of adult SC science and battled weight problems. Of course- that needs to be done with eliminating sugar and he is bringing a zero carb, zero glycemic substitute on the market, named Sola.

Worth while visting that page- link - HERE

Okyanos take-over 26 Jul 2017 07:07 #9669

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
"Eager to hear the August CC"

They better come up with some good answers for what they plan on doing.
Their credibility is destroyed now to the point where if they ever get financing it will probably be very toxic for current shareholders.

Okyanos take-over 26 Jul 2017 08:32 #9671

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Do you believe they care if it is toxic to shareholders?

Take a look at their moves in the last several months alone. They have sunk the stock price throughout a course filled with manipulation and lies, a timed press release followed by a discount offering to screw new shareholders who enthusiastically took the bait, press releases to build confidence in a trial they 100% knew was a failure. They are, without question, a dirty and manipulative company seeking only to continue to fill their own pockets. What's worse, is that they're dumb, incompetent, and seemingly incapable of ever executing to the extent of generating legitimate value. "Fake it until you make it" only works if you're capable of one day making it. These people are liars and deceivers who are too dumb to ever make it in a competitive and intelligent world. And should you wonder why they can't obtain a partnership: the greats of the world shun such characters and avoid them like the plague. Nobody of character and substance, with monetary backing to substantiate it, wants to become involved with crooks too dumb to succeed legitimately, with morality and conscientiousness. They want to do business with unworldly intelligence and decency, and the genuine enthusiasm that's garnered as result.

Okyanos take-over 26 Jul 2017 11:40 #9675

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas, would be more interesting if Mr Borsarge took a direct position in Cytori. One of a reportable size...5% or greater. That aside, use of his math skill in formulating a trial with proper metrics that could pass would have been nice as well...LOL

b7
If the company really opened calls to REAL investors someone should ask them why they thought they were overpowered in this trial and the post result they now say they were under powered ?
Privately I would ask who is responsible for the trial design and ultimate failure and what action will be taken as a result ?
As far as raising funds....Hedrick desperate to save his lucrative salary...he has to hate us oldtimers are still around who know the dismal history. 3 releases since STAR announcement to try to lure in the next group. They wont directly fund them mind you but the suckers who will be played for those who do IF, and it is a IF they can find some sort of funding. They may, it always amazed me how long it takes for a comany to truly die but those who are still holding will again be massively diluted.

Wadd, we all know and have always know management doesn't care what happens to shareholders. Point given: his worries on his kids college but how many kids will not be going to college now after he destroyed their parents equity ? Note, Calhoun, Saad, Dean also played a major role there !!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites