• Page:

TOPIC: The MSC- An Injury Drugstore

The MSC- An Injury Drugstore 14 Sep 2013 09:18 #865

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
The title comes from a seminal research paper from Arnold Caplan- the godfather of the MSC (Mesenchymal Stromal Cell), who tells us now to still use the acronym MSC, but see it as abbreviation of " Medicinal Signaling Cell".

He made also clear that fat cells are so potent and have enormous potential, because pericytes line the outside of arteries and are progenitors of MSCs. So fat has so many of these cells because fat is a highly vascularized tissue.

I will write an article explaining this all in detail (by the way- all Cytori scientists agree with the theory) but if you want you can already download the paper and watch the Caplan video which is on the left side of all pages (bottom right on the front page)

The video is very good and also explains a few other things like homing of the cells. Click the link below the image.

File Attachment:

File Name: hce08375.pdf
File Size: 218 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

The MSC- An Injury Drugstore 16 Sep 2013 19:34 #868

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Found this article that more or less confirms the broad "method of action" of stem cell's healing process. Although it deals with amniotic stem cells it is relevant because as the researcher says ....... "What these cells do is to act like mobile pharmacies, finding ways to where the damage is, and potentially releasing several important factors to treat it." -

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/stem-cell-miracle-lifts-hope-on-stroke/story-e6frg8y6-1226720488906

Chronic and acute heart attack, & stroke ............. What are the cost savings to the health care system ......... mindblowing

Fas - thanks for the Caplan video and article. Excellent confirmation of why we are here.

The MSC- An Injury Drugstore 17 Sep 2013 04:49 #869

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Yes John- the whole "mystery" of why fat cells are so potent is explained by the Caplan theory, which is backed-up very well with solid science and evidence from the lab.

Those cells in amniotic fluid are the same things- progenitor MSCs or pericytes- stemming from the vascular system.

The only slight difference BETWEEN the different sources of pericytes (i.e the different tissues they are taken from) is the chemistry (growth factors) required to trans-differentiate them in tissue cells after they are activated.

To me fat cells can have the monopoly in healing acute injury at organs or tissue- be it trauma, ischemic or whatever. :vegas:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites