Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gemisch works better than cultured ADMSCs

Gemisch works better than cultured ADMSCs 11 Oct 2013 14:59 #962

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
At LinkedIn Dr. Hammer posted a paper from Jeffrey Gimble et al on a mouse model treating autoimmune inflammation in the mouse brain and spinal cord with SVF or cultured MSCs from fat (the Famous 2% pluripotent cells)

Surprise , surprise... the Gemisch (Gimish) provided better results- link to paper- paper Gimble et al

text abstract:

Administration of adipose-derived stromal/stem cells (ASCs) represents a promising therapeutic approach for autoimmune diseases since they have been shown to have immunomodulatory properties. The uncultured, nonexpanded counterpart of ASCs, the stromal vascular fraction (SVF), is composed of a heterogeneous mixture of cells. Although administration of ex vivo culture-expanded ASCs has been used to study immunomodulatory mechanisms in multiple models of autoimmune diseases, less is known about SVF-based therapy. The ability of murine SVF cells to treat myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein35–55-induced experimental autoimmune encephalitis (EAE) was compared with that of culture-expanded ASCs in C57Bl/6J mice. A total of 1 × 106 SVF cells or ASCs were administered intraperitoneally concomitantly with the induction of disease. The data indicate that intraperitoneal administration of ASCs significantly ameliorated the severity of disease course. They also demonstrate, for the first time, that the SVF effectively inhibited disease severity and was statistically more effective than ASCs. Both cell therapies also demonstrated a reduction in tissue damage, a decrease in inflammatory infiltrates, and a reduction in sera levels of interferon-γ and interleukin-12. Based on these data, SVF cells effectively inhibited EAE disease progression more than culture-expanded ASCs.

I think I know why this is- I also asked Dr. Hammer- My question: That is very interesting. Richard, do you know if the authors provide a rationale for the better therapeutic performance against the inflammation of the heterogeneous population (SVF) versus the cultured ADMSC? Interaction with sub populations in SVF in the micro environment or otherwise?

His response:

it appears that SVF was more potent in reducing IL-12. They also suggest there could be a synergistic role of heterogenous cell populations. Here is an excerpt:

These results indicate that IL-12 may play an important mechanistic role during the increased potency of SVF-based therapy. It is possible the SVF cells, beyond their ex vivo-ex- panded counterpart, have the ability to further reduce the level of effector T-cell activation, keeping the disease progression in a more naïve state by reducing IL-12 and, therefore, Th1 stim- ulation and differentiation. It remains unclear whether this is a result of the ASCs being uncultured and retaining more of
their in vivo properties, whether it is a result of administering a heterogeneous population, or whether it is a product result- ing from the interaction of ASCs with one of the other cell types present.

It certainly highlights the point that different cells, sources, media, culture etc may play a factor.

I think that is only partly true. :grin:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, keysman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites