Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 18 Oct 2013 06:05 #984

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
The last few days there was a brief discussion on the above topic, since Dr. Hammer linked the results of the Tigenix paper at LinkedIn (Cell therapy industry group)-

Expanded allogeneic adipose-derived stem cells enhance wound healing.
Richard D. Hammer, M.D.'s insight:
Interesting article showing efficacy of cultured and expanded SVF fraction and use of allogeneic MSCs in healing chronic fistulas. Note the cells were isolated using collagenase, there were no safety/adverse effects, and a clearly defined efficacy. Certainly the wound healing arena is another large potential for stem cells. Certainly some will point out flaws in the study but the bottom line is it appears to work, is simple, and safe. We can figure out why later.

Link to paper : Fistula paper abstract 2012

Since this topic is one of my "specialties"- I answered as follows- Yes- actually this is the abstract of the scientific paper published by the Spanish Tigenix PI´s in the colorectal disease journal in October 2012 and obviously were announced already before that date. Tigenix started its EU Phase III clinic with Cx601 already in July 2012 treating 278 fistula after Crohn´s patients of which the results are anticipated for H2 2014

But I could not forsake of "repeating the Cytori SAGA on fistula again!!!! :nice: (see next post)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 18 Oct 2013 06:06 #985

• fas
Actually- from a historical perspective this is quite interesting. Investigators apparently were always "hot" on treating the many types of fistula´s with fat cells. At least I have seen that since 2004/5 and is nicely reflected in the clinical trials summary with fat cells that Leeza Rodriguez prepared last year- www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2012/06/04/adipose-stem-cell-clinical-trial-update-june-2012/
That begs the question why would these PI´s be so interested to find a medical solution for this difficult condition to treat with ADRCs-
Cytori described it many years ago this way: In case of chronic inflammation caused by an auto immune disorder, the body is not able to upregulate the necessary growth factors to facilitate the healing process, Basically, the bioavailability of the cells that are naturally occurring at the injury site are not sufficient to effectively conduct the body through the closure process. Supplementation with ADRCs is believed to initiate the necessary growth factor expression and cell signaling pathways that facilitate the proliferation of new blood vessels and modulate the immune response within the wound. However, the most important mechanism of these cells is thought to be their ability to change in response to their environment and accurately mimic the overlapping phases of the wound healing process. This dynamic response distinguishes ADRC treatment from competing treatments that can only target a specific phase of the healing process.
Tigenix stresses mainly the modulation of inflammation and the LT effect of Treg regeneration restoring homeostasis.
my guess is- all the mentioned MoA´s appear to play a role and would potentially be effective against a whole range of similar disorders.
To conclude- my "love and hate subject"- the mystery Company Cytori already received specific therapeutic CE mark on the Celution device treating vaginal- and rectal fistulae after Crohns i.e. market authorization in 2010. Upon further query this was "based on the growing clinical database of patients treated", but no clinical data were ever published. Since I do not believe in fairy tales and Santa Claus and in particularly not in regulatory agencies providing approvals WITHOUT an adequate amount of clinical data, I presume the studies leading up to the claims were done by an undisclosed private investigator. For the sake of patients suffering from the horrible disorder I do hope progress is made in actually disseminating the medical solution and making it available on the market soon.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 18 Oct 2013 06:12 #986

• fas
Key here on this horrible story - IMO is:

Can a developer of a therapy which greatly benefits patients (Calhoun told me 70% healing rate ) simply throw the therapy in the "WASTE BUCKET" and NOT do anything with it???

I simply REFUSE to believe that, so someday a partner deal HAS to come on the application. And you all know that is Olympus. From a "timing" perspective- 3/4 years after market authorization is already somewhat OVERDUE , I would think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 18 Oct 2013 09:02 #987

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
NIce write up Fas...but talk about brating a dead horse..LOL...just kidding....but thats our Calhoun !!!

Its not like his checks dont keep coming and I still dont believe there is any threat of removal. :bash:

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 19 Oct 2013 07:11 #988

• fas
Just as a confirmation that licensing to Olympus is still an business objective, one only has to look at the profile of Brad Conlan at LinkedIn- Brad is the CEO of Bimini Technologies, who acquired all the Puregraft businesses and some licenses on Celution tech.

Brad Conlan Profile

This includes for his job description since 2010:

Olympus Corporation:
* Licensing of Gastro-Intestinal Regenerative Medicine Indication

Astellas Pharma:
* Licensing of Liver Disease Regenerative Medicine Indication

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 19 Oct 2013 19:16 #989

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually It says these were under the period from December 2010 to December 2011 .

So...it could very well mean these companies were doing internal testing in those periods and imho does not indicate a partnership is or is not forthcoming.

My question is why wasnt a deal closed after that period and what has changed to consider a deal with Astellas or Olympus is a viable near term option now ?
I would think the aesthetics application is a more viable option for partnership right now until Japan is ironed out and then Astellas and/or Olympus may jump in.
Now that Bimini owns puregraft....aesthetics compliments it nicely ...why not lock it up to facilitate sales of both ? Of course, we are talking about dealing with CC so anything including nothing is possible.

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 20 Oct 2013 02:36 #990

• fas

Actually It says these were under the period from December 2010 to December 2011

:really: :really: hedge- what you see are job descriptions for an individual. Those contains tasks and goals that are achieved and often NOT achieved. If that individual gets a new job - he normally get new tasks and goals and the unaccomplished task is taken over by somebody else. :nice:

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 20 Oct 2013 20:07 #992

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Fas, I understood that.

My point was just because it was a stated objective then, doesnt mean it is any more viable now.
It may be...but this info doesnt indicate the state of the potential deals. :yep:

Remember- Fistula after Crohn´s treatments 21 Oct 2013 03:21 #993

• fas

It may be...but this info doesnt indicate the state of the potential deals

No- of course it does not. I never claimed that it was. Point is - until very recently it was still on somebodies plate and confirms that the fistula development came from the "Olympus direction" , which folks have had doubts about.

I do not and feel I am one 100% right about all that is written in-

[url=It may be...but this info doesnt indicate the state of the potential deals]The Mystery Application- Fistula[/url]

:bye:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites