Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Statement from somebody who should know

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 05:15 #1953

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I noticed last week that one of my contacts at Cytori, left the Company and too ka new job.

Kevin Hicok- was a scientist from the early days in fat cells, working for Artecel. The old timers certainly know this Company from its name and the stuff that happened in the IP space. He also was with Osiris for 2 years before arriving at Cytori in 2004.

He is now Director Research and Development at VetStem. During the years I learned a tremendous lot from Kevin, for which I am very grateful. Interesting enough- now he can do research in which we have a mutual interest. :grin: :grin: So that is great and we will stay in touch.

Why am I writing this????? - I think there is one thing in his last mail to me that I can share and that you all should know too-

I still believe in the technology and adipose cell therapy as one of the most exciting medical advances in the past decade.

The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 08:45 #1954

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Just to play devils advocate...his statement can be very true but it doesnt mean a investment in Cytori is a wise one. :evil:

7+ years for me has yet to see the tech brought to the masses and help with some very serious diseases. :cry:

Next Monday we get a update...will there be any info of value or will it be more tears and excuses :cry: :cry: :cry: :really:

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 09:44 #1955

• fas
Thanks Hedge for playing "the devil´s advocate"- after all these years, I guess we all are pretty "numb" and cannot get excited by anything.. :whistle: :KO: :really:

Anyway- the SD gang as always asked for BIG Bucks from potential partners- I think that is pretty clear. When something happens- we will know and Clayton Christensen´s theory will become subject of further investigation I think.... :winky: :winky:

The current theoretical understanding of disruptive innovation is different from what might be expected by default, an idea that Clayton M. Christensen called the "technology mudslide hypothesis". This is the simplistic idea that an established firm fails because it doesn't "keep up technologically" with other firms. In this hypothesis, firms are like climbers scrambling upward on crumbling footing, where it takes constant upward-climbing effort just to stay still, and any break from the effort (such as complacency born of profitability) causes a rapid downhill slide. Christensen and colleagues have shown that this simplistic hypothesis is wrong; it doesn't model reality. What they have shown is that good firms are usually aware of the innovations, but their business environment does not allow them to pursue them when they first arise, because they are not profitable enough at first and because their development can take scarce resources away from that of sustaining innovations (which are needed to compete against current competition). In Christensen's terms, a firm's existing value networks place insufficient value on the disruptive innovation to allow its pursuit by that firm. Meanwhile, start-up firms inhabit different value networks, at least until the day that their disruptive innovation is able to invade the older value network. At that time, the established firm in that network can at best only fend off the market share attack with a me-too entry, for which survival (not thriving) is the only reward.

Time will tell

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 10:38 #1956

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am numb alright...LOL ! :yep:

Maybe they can surprise with decent ATHENA enrollment !

Maybe the poles flip and a Monday call has meaning. :cool:

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 10:53 #1957

• fas
Decent ATHENA enrollment will happen when X-mas and Eastern will fall on the same day. :cool:

I think the set-up conflicts with the Helsinki convention and with Okyanos getting closer and closer, I wonder if it ever will get finished. :evil:

A Statement from somebody who should know 04 Aug 2014 13:47 #1958

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Okyanos getting closer and closer***

I once told DOV that I bet in the first 2 years they dont treat 100 people (cardiac).....NOTHING has changed that view so far for me :really:

It really looks like we have a lot of of sub $10 days ahead of us yet

Any more talk of a cardiac "Okyanos style" clinic in the EU ?.

A Statement from somebody who should know 05 Aug 2014 09:42 #1960

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
"I once told DOV that I bet in the first 2 years they dont treat 100 people (cardiac).....NOTHING has changed that view so far for me"

Hedge,

From your statement I take it that you do not believe the procedure with benefit the patients? Or at least not in a meaningful cost/benefit sense. Because surely if it does enhance the quality of life for these poor people, the news will be heralded by not only Okyanos but by the whole cardiac community.

My wish is that the therapy is a complete success and that the patients are able to enjoy their lives more fully after receiving stem cell treatments.

The rest will take care of itself.

A Statement from somebody who should know 05 Aug 2014 10:44 #1961

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
My view is the Okyanos ramp will be slower than others anticipate.

A Statement from somebody who should know 05 Aug 2014 12:01 #1963

• fas
I had some numbers a year ago of patients accrued up to that time. But a lot of time passed since than.

I did speak with Matt a few weeks ago, but that was on totally other stuff- social media etc- and I forgot to ask about this and the Utrecht thing. Tough- I do not want to interrupt now, when things get hairy = busy. :grin:

A Statement from somebody who should know 05 Aug 2014 14:38 #1965

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
100 in two years is only one patient per week? Even at $100K per procedure that would only be $5MM per year in gross revenue. Okyanos will not to survive at that level. I hope they are able to do better then that. Time will tell. If it were a panacea the world would be breaking down the doors to Okyanos and Cytori. I am hoping incremental improvements in quality of life move this forward. I am getting tired of disapointments! :bash:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites