Cytori´s Technology- Celution, IP etc etc
  • Page:

TOPIC: IFATS 2015 in New Orleans

IFATS 2015 in New Orleans 15 Nov 2015 07:54 #5490

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Totally forgot that the Conference was the week before last- Nov 5 to 8 in New Orleans.

Anyway- in that case one did not have to wait for the paper, with all abstracts and it is already available.

Doing a quick search in the paper, one finds one presentation of an Cytori employee. The Frenchman Philippe Foubert on spraying versus injecting ADRCs in a pre-clinical wound healing porcine model.

A very quick - high level screening of the paper gave an impression that hardly anything interesting was available, but I might be wrong there- will spend some more quality time on it, when such time becomes available. :cool:

So for the time being - just the paper and as second post- the 6 patient study with Celution on anal fissures by a Serbian clinic in Belgrad.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2015-IFATS-Book.pdf
File Size: 2,150 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside, d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

IFATS 2015 in New Orleans 15 Nov 2015 07:58 #5491

• fas
The Belprime clinic is apparently a cosmetic clinic, but also does more serious surgery apparently.

This small study again proves how well ADRCs work in wound healing of whatever type... :yep: :nice:

ADRCS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO LATERAL INTERNAL SPHINCTEROTOMY IN PATIENTS WITH ANAL FISSURES
Presenter: Katarina Andjelkov, MD, PhD
Authors: Andjelkov K, Sforza M, Petrovic J, Zaccheddu R, Krivokapic Z BelPrime Clinic
Introduction: An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the lower rectum (anal canal). It is one of the most common anorectal diseases and occurs most frequently in young adults. The anal fissure impairs the quality of life, mostly due to often severe pain, itching and sometimes bleeding during or after bowel movements and may need a medical treatment. The results of similar studies showed efficacy in treatment of anal fistulas and significant improvement in sphincter incontinence using ADRCs. The treatment of anal fissures with ADRCs is unprecedented.
Method: We treated 6 patients (4 female and 2 male) age between 25-50 years old, with chronic fissure (duration more than 8 months) that didn’t respond to conventional conservative therapy. All patients were candidates for lateral internal sphincterotomy. Exclusion criteria were: autoimmune diseases, presence of malignant or chronic infectious disease, or immunosuppressive therapy. Before the procedure all routine preoperative tests were done. Patients were asked to quantify their pain using VAS scale of pain before and on each follow up consultation. Approximately 150mL of lipoaspirate from the abdominal area was harvested under local anesthesia and sedation. ADRCs were extracted using Celution 800/CRS device and were immediately reinjected directly in the fissure and as enriched fat graft in subcutaneous layer underneath the fissure. The average number of cells reinjected was 3,20x107.
The patients were followed up after 1 week, 1, 2, 6 and 12 months after the procedure.
Results: Complete cicatrization was achieved in all cases, with the average time of 7 weeks. Detailed analysis of each case is given.
Conclusion: Application of ADRCs is the method of great potential when considering chronic wounds including anal fissures. Further studies need to be done to obtain more accurate data, but we strongly believe that the stem cells will fulfill a clear unmet medical need and will help improve the healing and hence the quality of life of patients with anal fistula, fissure and sphincter dysfunction.[
/quote]

Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

IFATS 2015 in New Orleans 15 Nov 2015 23:08 #5494

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Fas, excellent find. Great research paper that emanated via the BARDA trials. Provides solid confirmation of the benefit derived from ADRC in the burn indication and clarified that administration method was not a key factor in healing. Nice to know that spraying ADRC is feasible on open wounds and may be easier than injections.

For new members or viewers:

Amazing that this device (as you know) was available so long ago and we haven't seen stem cell therapy for burns approved. What happened? They have the device but did not have the clinical data to submit? FDA being anal and insisting that definitive trials be conducted? And why haven't they been conducted? Could it be that the cure is not the skin stem cells but rather the SVF.................. this is all taking tooooooo long. :bash:

As for the Serbian fistula trial, no surprise, additional confirmation of efficacy. Great to see. Lets hope that Dr. David Borowski and Dr. Pud Bhaskar finally get going with a more substantive trial that will persuade UK NICE to fund reimbursement. After so many years of CE approval in cryptoglandular fistula I would have thought that there would be a body of evidence out there that would be unassaillable. However In the immortal words of someone ....... "I don't know what I don't know". Would be nice to know what Olympus knows. :cry:

IFATS 2015 in New Orleans 16 Nov 2015 06:38 #5497

• fas

However In the immortal words of someone ....... "I don't know what I don't know". Would be nice to know what Olympus knows

Am not so sure any longer John. Maybe its a question that they do not want to know

Whilst getting to know holistic - and natural health medicine, one learns about very powerful health aspects that simply stand against the interests of BP since it competes with their junk and you cannot patent "natural compounds".

All the agony in the gastrointestinal tract of mankind is the business of Olympus- 70 % world wide of the market- you might call them a monopoly player in that respect. ADRCs - long term - would reduce that business- so maybe that is not what Olympus wants.

For the same reason I do not expect a major ortho player as potential partner for OA -its damn disruptive to their business. :whistle: :puke:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites