Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA

Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA 05 May 2016 07:22 #6907

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108
Cytori Reports Preliminary Preclinical Data Supporting Use of Cytori Cell Therapy™ for Both the Prevention and Treatment of Hypertrophic Scars
May 05, 2016

Presented at 2016 American Burn Association Meeting
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYTX) today presented preclinical data at the Annual Meeting of the American Burn Association (ABA) in Las Vegas showing the potential of Cytori’s DCCT-10 cell therapy for hypertrophic scarring (HTS), a common consequence of burn injury.
In this research Cytori scientists developed and applied a preclinical model of HTS in two treatment studies. In the first, DCCT-10 was applied to deep partial thickness skin wounds immediately following injury. Wounds were then followed for six months to allow for the development of HTS. Results demonstrate that delivery of DCCT-10 immediately after injury led to a 60% increase in the number of anchoring structures called ‘rete ridges’ or ‘rete pegs’ within the skin (p<0.001) of treated wounds compared to the control. Rete ridges, which help to anchor the epidermis to the dermis, are absent or substantially reduced in scar tissue which is one reason that scar epidermis is often more fragile than that of normal skin. The six month data also showed a 15% decrease in skin hardness in DCCT-10-treated wounds (p=0.067). The second study, which is still ongoing, used the same model to assess use of DCCT-10 delivered six months after deep partial thickness injury in which a hypertrophic scar had already formed. Preliminary data from this study presented today show a 20-40% decrease in skin hardness at 1 and 2 months post-treatment.
While DDC-10 treatment appeared to modulate skin pliability and hardness in both studies, no effect was observed on scar pigmentation or erythema.
“These data suggest the potential for DCCT-10 therapy to mitigate scarring following deep partial thickness skin injury,” said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori. “When combined with earlier work on the use of DCCT-10 following thermal burn injury, these findings suggest a potentially broad utility for this product in burn and wound clinics. We are encouraged by this research and look forward to completing these studies and, in a continuation of our work with BARDA, initiating a clinical trial of DCCT-10 therapy in burn patients within the next year.”
Presentations Details:
Abstract #268
Title: Non-Invasive Objective Characterization of Hypertrophic Scarring in the Female Red Duroc Porcine Model
Presenter: Philippe Foubert
Poster: P-033. Wounds – Translational II

Abstract Link : Abstract presented at ABA Meeting in Vegas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA 05 May 2016 08:05 #6909

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I see 60% written in a positive context.

Now let's translate this into BARDA dollars

Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA 05 May 2016 08:14 #6910

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
This pre-clinical work was done in pigs but I find it odd, unless I'm missing it, that the words "pig" or "porcine model" weren't mentioned in the release.

Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA 05 May 2016 08:47 #6911

• blackisle
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
WST "Title: Non-Invasive Objective Characterization of Hypertrophic Scarring in the Female Red Duroc Porcine Model"

Data on Hypertrophic Scarring presented at ABA 05 May 2016 09:57 #6912

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
I was referring to the article but you are correct it is in the title. Thanks.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites