Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy

Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy 18 Jul 2016 05:02 #7424

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
The study from the Ageless Institute was also included since published in June 2016. . 28 patients ( I believe they had to pay for the privilege and there was no control) No FDA supervision of course, but approval by the Mexican authorities since the study was done in Tijuana.

Its worth to take note that it works. :grin:

Effects of the intramyocardial implantation of stromal vascular fraction in patients with chronic ischemic cardiomyopathy.
Comella K1, Parcero J2, Bansal H3, Perez J2, Lopez J2, Agrawal A3, Ichim T2.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Stromal vascular fraction (SVF) can easily be obtained from a mini-lipoaspirate procedure of fat tissue. The SVF contains a mixture of cells including ADSCs and growth factors and has been depleted of the adipocyte (fat cell) population. We evaluated the safety and efficacy of administering SVF intra-myocardially into patients with chronic ischemic cardiomyopathy.
METHODS:
A total of 28 patients underwent a local tumescent liposuction procedure to remove approximately 60 ml of fat tissue. The fat was separated to isolate the SVF and the cells were delivered into the akinetic myocardial scar region using a transendocardial delivery system (MyoCath(®)) in patients who had experienced a previous myocardial infarct. The subjects were then monitored for adverse events, ejection fraction via echocardiogram and six-minute walk test (6MWT) over a period of 6 months.
RESULTS:
The average EF was 29 % at baseline and significantly increased to 35 % at both 3 and 6 months. Patients walked an average of 349 m at baseline and demonstrated a statistically significant improvement at 3 and 6 months' post treatment of more than 80 m.
CONCLUSIONS:
Overall, patients were pleased with the treatment results. More importantly, the procedure demonstrated a strong safety profile with no severe adverse events or complications linked to the therapy. Trial registration NCT01502514 Name of registry: www.clinicaltrials.gov URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01502514?term=adipose+cells+heart&rank=4 Date of registration: December 27, 2011 Date of enrollment: January 2012.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2016-SVF-Cardiac-Comella.pdf
File Size: 1,265 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy 18 Jul 2016 09:33 #7425

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fas
Results would be more interesting if the participation during the measurement periods were more constant,
Really drops from 3 month to 6 month to hardly any at 12 months.

Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy 18 Jul 2016 09:49 #7426

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas
Results would be more interesting if the participation during the measurement periods were more constant,
Really drops from 3 month to 6 month to hardly any at 12 months.

Agree- that how you see it was not a real clinic, if I paid for my shot I probably wouldnt be back too. Nonetheless- the dataset was just to be 3 and 6 months according to clinicaltrials.gov so any confirmation that the impact stays is positive and we know that from PRECISE too. I still think it would be in the interest in patients to do a big study asap, although i still think the acute MI app would be as perfect for ADRCs as scleroderma was. :whistle:

Time will tell :yep:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy 18 Jul 2016 11:17 #7427

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Acute MI success would have the maximum benefit for both patients and cost savings to health systems.
Most work still in chronic heart failure. Why ?????

Anyway, same issues prevent advancement. :cry:

Comella Paper- SVF against severe cardiomyopathy 18 Jul 2016 11:43 #7429

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote: Acute MI success would have the maximum benefit for both patients and cost savings to health systems.
Most work still in chronic heart failure. Why ?????

Yes. Corporate greed i.e. market size.

All academic early trials in Europe after the turn of the Century were acute MI however and for that every catheter theater should have a Celution in the future to limit the damage done by reducing scar size. I know- day dreaming or not- its the only thing that makes sense to me. :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.208 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites