Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nagoya reports on Enterocutaneous Fistula Study

Nagoya reports on Enterocutaneous Fistula Study 18 Jul 2016 11:22 #7428

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
This is pretty hot of the needle (July publication in Surgery Today)

As my readers of the former issues remember- fistula´s can occur at any point of the digestive track - from in-to output so to speak. Most are in rectal /vaginal area, but also quite a few occur near the stomach. Since mostly internal- surgery is required there and those things are extremely painful.

OK OK only 6 patients but the closing rates ARE impressive even with 6 patients... :yep: Surely this will be one of the app´s Shirahama and Harris are working on?

A clinical trial of autologous adipose-derived regenerative cell transplantation for a postoperative enterocutaneous fistula.
Mizushima T1, Takahashi H2, Takeyama H2, Naito A2, Haraguchi N2, Uemura M2, Nishimura J2, Hata T2, Takemasa I2, Yamamoto H2, Doki Y2, Mori M2.
Author information
Abstract
PURPOSE:
Adipose-derived stem cell (ADSC) transplantation is expected to be a minimally invasive, but effective, treatment for postoperative enterocutaneous fistulas associated with poor blood flow and chronic inflammation. The aim of this study was to assess the safety and efficacy of a novel ADSC therapy for this condition.
METHODS:
We conducted an open-label, single-arm exploratory phase I study to assess the safety and efficacy of a novel ADSC therapy. Using the Celution system, we isolated adipose-derived regenerative cells (ADRCs) containing abundant ADSCs from liposuction-obtained gluteal adipose tissue. A mixture of ADRCs and fibrin glue was subsequently transplanted into the fistula, and ADRCs were percutaneously and endoscopically injected around the fistula. We evaluated the safety and feasibility of ADRC transplantation and fistula closure in six patients (UMIN000007316).
RESULTS:
ADRC transplantation was completed in all patients. The fistula closure rates were 83.3 % at 4 and 12 weeks and 100 % at 24 weeks. All patients had grade 1 pain and subcutaneous hemorrhage at the liposuction sites, but no serious adverse events related to this procedure were observed.
CONCLUSIONS:
Transplantation of autologous ADRCs is safe, feasible and advantageous, as it can secure a sufficient cell count without culture or multiple passages, and will likely be effective for a postoperative enterocutaneous fistula.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Nagoya reports on Enterocutaneous Fistula Study 18 Jul 2016 13:58 #7430

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
or more likely based on Cytori's checkered past and fantastic batting average goes the way of the incontinence trials :puke: :bang: :KO: :bash:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites