• Page:

TOPIC: Update on TACT-ADRCs

Update on TACT-ADRCs 29 Sep 2017 13:50 #10097

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Oldtimers might remember the re-current emphasis in the 2012-2013 time frame, when Cytori mentioned at least 3 times in Conference calls that the Japanese health authorities were about to sponsor a 45 patient clinic on ischemic disorders of the extremities i.e. PAD (Peripheral Artery Disease), Buerger´s Disease (similar but solely due to smoking) and CLI (Critical Limb Ischemia). An announcement came out in the fall of 2013 to this effect, if I recall right.

In February 2017- at the end of a presentation in New York, Hedrick was asked by a attendee if he had seen the results of the study. He answered that he hadnt seen the data yet, which I did not believe. But it seems that he spoke the truth. The ANDRESU protocol led to a ongoing clinical trial database, which Nagoya University seems to prefer to use, where I found that a recent update (September 4th 2017) on the trial was made.

Clinic : TACT-ADRCs (Titel) Therapeutic Angiogenesis by autologous adipose-derived regenelative Cell Transplantation
Principal Investigator: Toyoaki Murohara
所属組織/Organization 名古屋大学大学院医学系研究科 Nagoya University School of Medicine
所属部署/Division name 循環器内科学 Cardiology
住所/Address 名古屋市昭和区鶴舞町65 65 Tsurumai-machi, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550 Japan

On Sep. 13th 2013, we have performed implantation of autologous adipose-derived regenerative cells (ADRCs) into a PSS patient (64, female) with Fontaine IV. Six month after treatment, we found a development of collateral vessels, a reduction of ulcer size and a decrease of the frequency of rest pain.
On Nov. 13th 2013, we have implanted autologous ADRCs into the ischemic leg of PSS + ASO patient (65, female). Six month after treatment, ischemic situation was clearly improved.
On April 21st 2014, we have implanted ADRCs into the ischemic leg of TAO patient (49, male). Six month after implantation, his ischemic ulcer is curable by cell therapy.
On July 1st 2015, we have done the implantation of ADRCs for the patient with hand ulcers due to overlap syndrome.Six month after treatment, we found a decrease of the frequency of rest pain and her ischemic ulcer is cured.
On November 18th 2015, we have done the implantation of ADRCs for the patient with ischemic foot ulcers due to SLE.
Since 2016, we have done this procedure for 9 more patients.

This study can be found in the UMIN-CTR clinical trial database, link https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000011825

So- it seems this went at snails pace despite efficacy- just 5 patients treated in the 2013 to 2015 period, but picked up slightly from there- i.e. 9 more patients treated since than.

Whatever- since approvals under the regenerative law in Japan can only be obtained through clinical data- the device I approvals for commercial clinics are most likely based on these results.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 05:57 #10099

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Acceptance still EXTREMELY slow !
Can the right partnership move the needle or will they too struggle for years to educate not only the mainstream medical community but patients as well.
While a few years ago I realized Cytori was destined to be a niche player we still struggle to even find a niche to fill.
IMHO a full buy out the only chance but the debt deal seems to point to Cytori still trying to survive on their own. Sad for patients, sad for stockholders.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 08:54 #10100

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
The debt deal had to be done if for no other reason than to buy time to negotiate a decent partnership or a reasonable buyout!!

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 09:58 #10101

• fas
  • Away

rodney.strongg wrote: The debt deal had to be done if for no other reason than to buy time to negotiate a decent partnership or a reasonable buyout!!

Rodney- did you get an answer from SD on what "net proceeds" mean? I think you wrote you were going to ask.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 10:13 #10102

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
That darn wording, eh Fas ?
We will see soon enough but does RS really believe a buyout with "net proceeds" of (at least) $5 million ? LOL

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 11:09 #10104

• fas
  • Away

myownhedgefund wrote: That darn wording, eh Fas ?
We will see soon enough but does RS really believe a buyout with "net proceeds" of (at least) $5 million ? LOL

I do not want to wait 40 days to find out what "net proceeds" means- its unacceptable to be that vague.

Anyway- I do not understand at all why anybody would want a buy-out. In the tenure of Hedrick the stock lost 98% of its value at the time we were at 1,10 or so. So now we are at a fraction of a cent to the dollar. With a buy out you get maybe a 80-100% premium to the market price.

Do I want 2 cents back to every dollar invested? Actually for folks who have been around longer it would be even worse. :evil:

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 11:49 #10105

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas
Its not like after this latest failure Hedrick suddenly grew a brain, so from a patient standpoint, a buyout is their best hope.
However, as I alluded to in the earlier post, I do not believe a buyout is what they are working on.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 30 Sep 2017 14:22 #10106

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Tiago has not responded to my last 3 e-mails - he appears to have gone underground in terms of communication - that could be good or bad in terms of what may be going on with CYTX.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 01 Oct 2017 09:52 #10107

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Speaking of 40 days from now....how many shares do you think they gave the Oxford group this time ?
Given the PPS it may have been 500K or more ! Or does the lodge think they were satisfied with the patents alone ?

Update on TACT-ADRCs 01 Oct 2017 13:23 #10108

• fas
  • Away

myownhedgefund wrote: Speaking of 40 days from now....how many shares do you think they gave the Oxford group this time ?
Given the PPS it may have been 500K or more ! Or does the lodge think they were satisfied with the patents alone ?

:whistle:

Yes- many. Like I believe you wrote one time.

Probably the most expensive debt ever made, which was backed up by legal documents i.e. in business and taking out cosa nostra and other mafia generated debt. Thank you Mark and Chris.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 01 Oct 2017 18:59 #10109

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas, not sure what certain of your responses to the HF post mean: "Yes-many", and "which was backed up by legal documents i.e. in business and taking out cosa nostra and other mafia generated debt".

Update on TACT-ADRCs 02 Oct 2017 04:32 #10110

• fas
  • Away

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, not sure what certain of your responses to the HF post mean: "Yes-many", and "which was backed up by legal documents i.e. in business and taking out cosa nostra and other mafia generated debt".

I am sorry to hear that Rodney. It is kind of obvious in my view, but let me help you out a bit.

In the past 3 (or was it 4?) versions of the Oxford loan agreement, which we could read in the 10Q´s of the past, I have taken note of the conditions, which included a lot of "free" shares. In Germany where I live, they have an excellent word for these type of agreements- they call them "sittenwidrig". That again means, that the bank forces illegal terms or better abuses the financial distress of the lender to force terms on him which can be considered not armslenght or highly unfavourable or excessive.

I do expect the same situation in the forthcoming disclosure i.e. many freebies, which terms can only be exceeded by folks like the mafia, who are well-known to abuse folks.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 02 Oct 2017 05:46 #10111

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
We S/H's should all feel better at this tenuous time that Oxford is willing to take shares to do a deal - if you know what I mean!

Update on TACT-ADRCs 02 Oct 2017 06:24 #10112

• fas
  • Away

rodney.strongg wrote: We S/H's should all feel better at this tenuous time that Oxford is willing to take shares to do a deal - if you know what I mean!

Sure- I feel great that a loan shark who already has taken over 15 Mio in interest (roughly 10% interest over average 20 Mio OS for 7-8 years) is helping out to be able to pay Hedrick´s salary and bonuses. :vegas:

Update on TACT-ADRCs 02 Oct 2017 06:36 #10113

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Rodney

Tiago Girao's silence is probably a good sign that something is ongoing.

Update on TACT-ADRCs 02 Oct 2017 07:00 #10114

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Franshei, hopefully you are right.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites