• Page:

TOPIC: New website

New website 16 Jul 2019 21:40 #13024

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
If you check out the new PLUS Therapeutics website there is no mention of BARDA under either pipeline or partners.
Its looking like we are done with that as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New website 17 Jul 2019 01:56 #13025

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yeah- I will have a look at it today- Seeking Alpha also reported just the following:

• Citing the need for a new identity to coincide with its new direction, Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYTX) will change its name to Plus Therapeutics (PSTV). The change will take effect in several weeks.

• The company's initial development focus will be on DocePLUS (formerly ATI-1123), an injectable, albumin-stabilized pegylated liposomal formulation of the chemo agent docetaxel. In other words, the formulation is more stable and longer-acting.
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New website 17 Jul 2019 02:37 #13026

• fas
    There was an announcement too- apparently present CYTX shareholders are not informed any longer by email of such announcements- :bye:

Plus Therapeutics Reflects A New Focus On Developing Innovative Drugs
    AUSTIN, Texas, July 16, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTX) (the “company”) announced yesterday a new direction and identity.

Since the beginning of 2019, the company has successfully evaluated and transformed its pipeline to place a stronger emphasis on product candidates that can maximize returns for shareholders and make a clinically meaningful impact for patients. Plus Therapeutics, Inc. plans to create and realize this value by developing drugs for niche and orphan markets, initially in oncology, that address significant unmet or substantially underserved medical needs and that represent global revenue opportunities estimated to be $250 million or more. We intend to focus our development activities in ways that can leverage the U.S. FDA’s accelerated regulatory pathways and enable the company to apply its in-house expertise in nanoparticle drug design, complex formulation, and drug manufacturing and scale-up.

“Our core development concept will be to combine known active pharmaceutical ingredients, or drugs, with new delivery approaches and/or formulations, resulting in innovative therapies with improved safety, efficacy, and/or convenience,” said Marc H. Hedrick MD, President and CEO.

The company’s initial development focus will be on DocePLUS (formerly ATI-1123) -- a complex, injectable, patented, albumin-stabilized pegylated liposomal docetaxel -- for which a U.S. Phase 1 clinical trial has been completed and published. The company has previously announced that it has received feedback from the U.S. FDA that a 505(b)(2) new drug application appears to be an acceptable regulatory approach for DocePLUS. Plus Therapeutics intends to submit a Phase 2 clinical trial protocol in Small Cell Lung Cancer patients with platinum-sensitive disease who progressed at least 60 days after initiation of first-line chemotherapy to the U.S. FDA in the second half of 2019.

Coinciding with this new focus on DocePLUS, the company has determined that DoxoPLUS (formerly ATI-0918) –- a generic pegylated liposomal doxorubicin -- no longer satisfies the aforementioned development and revenue criteria. As a result, we have elected to focus on divesting DoxoPLUS and are currently presenting this opportunity to external parties.

To complement and reinforce the new company direction, a new company brand will be established. We have created, designed, and launched a new company visual identity, mission, vision, values, website, and social media sites based on the brand promise of ‘Delivering More For Patients’.

“We took a holistic approach to branding the company under the new Plus Therapeutics name,” said Russ Havranek, Vice President, Marketing and Portfolio Management. “We believe that Plus Therapeutics will clearly align, drive, and navigate the business forward, ultimately helping patients who are battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases.”

The company has reserved a new stock symbol, PSTV, and plans to submit notice of the company name change to the Nasdaq Stock Exchange. We expect to trade under the new symbol within the next few weeks. Until then, the company intends to continue to trade on Nasdaq under its current stock symbol, CYTX.

About Plus Therapeutics, Inc.

Plus Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on making a positive impact on patients’ lives and adding value to the healthcare system. We are a Nasdaq-listed company with our company headquarters located in Austin, TX. We also have a manufacturing facility in San Antonio, TX and a satellite office in San Diego, CA.

The lead product candidate in our pipeline, DocePLUS, is being developed in the U.S. by a dedicated and energetic team of biologists, chemists, engineers, and other professionals. This diverse and experienced team is using our proprietary and versatile nanotechnology platform in an effort to reformulate and improve conventional, workhorse chemotherapeutics to provide meaningful benefits to patients and healthcare providers. The platform also serves as the foundation and affords us the opportunity in the future to develop additional drugs for oncology and other therapeutic areas.

Anyway -looks like they want to finance themselves through the sale of ATI-0918 - from the proceeds we will know if they were fooling us on that score too.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

New website 17 Jul 2019 08:33 #13027

• fas
    A holistic approach means thinking about the big picture. Whether you’re doing holistic parenting, holistic website design, or holistic medicine, know that each change you make to one part affects the whole.
    In a medical setting, holistic refers to addressing the whole person, including their physical, mental, and emotional health, while taking social factors into consideration. This could be specific to diagnosis, in which case a holistic approach might consider all possible symptoms; or holistic treatment, which may be very creative and empowers the patient to take charge of their own care. Holistic medicine includes conventional and alternative treatments.

Such mockery of the term and meaning in respect of this outfit. :evil:

New website 17 Jul 2019 08:51 #13028

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    ***initially in oncology, ***

I guess one could have hope that they circle back to stem based drugs but even if they somehow survive its is many many year away.
    Everything since I have known this company is always just a few years away.

As far as DoxoPLUS (0981) sale....what can they get ? they still have debt to service and what is the new burn rate ?

New website 17 Jul 2019 10:17 #13029

• fas

myownhedgefund wrote:
    As far as DoxoPLUS (0981) sale....what can they get ? they still have debt to service and what is the new burn rate ?

Oxford debt redemption's is due from April/May 2020 on wards if I recall right. They always said a much cheaper generic product could capture a big slice of the market, which now suddenly has slimmed down to 120 Mio annually. If that is all correct, the divestiture should be a substantial amount. An easy rule of thumb would be 5x net annual profits (my former boss loved that one- I hated it). Cytori/Plus getting 5% of that would be a PLUS. :grin:

New website 17 Jul 2019 12:20 #13030

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 19

myownhedgefund wrote: If you check out the new PLUS Therapeutics website there is no mention of BARDA under either pipeline or partners.
    Its looking like we are done with that as well.

I recall that when CYTX got the BARDA contract I believed that it was a confirmation of their legitimacy as a company with a viable stem-cell product line capability - I was fooled as were many others. :cry: :puke:

New website 17 Jul 2019 15:05 #13031

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Fas, agree it will be interesting on what they can get for that drug. Especially with their usual zero leverage. I will also be curious if the new owner would manufacture 0918 in house or out source it. Would anyone have faith for Cytori/PLUS to do the job ? Would Hedrick even want it ?

RS...You know my long standing thoughts on BARDA and our potential in the broader burn market. Avita sealed that fate.

New website 17 Jul 2019 15:26 #13032

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder

myownhedgefund wrote: Fas, agree it will be interesting on what they can get for that drug. Especially with their usual zero leverage. I will also be curious if the new owner would manufacture 0918 in house or out source it. Would anyone have faith for Cytori/PLUS to do the job ? Would Hedrick even want it ?

RS...You know my long standing thoughts on BARDA and our potential in the broader burn market. Avita sealed that fate.

/

You were right - many of us wrong.

New website 17 Jul 2019 15:43 #13033

• Wall Street Titan
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 148
    The most amazing thing is that Marc Hedrick keeps getting paid the BIG BUCKS for continuing failure and destroying shareholder value: www1.salary.com/Marc-H-Hedrick-M-D-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-CYTORI-THERAPEUTICS-INC.html You can't make this shit up!

New website 17 Jul 2019 16:57 #13034

• rodney.strongg
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder

Wall Street Titan wrote: The most amazing thing is that Marc Hedrick keeps getting paid the BIG BUCKS for continuing failure and destroying shareholder value: www1.salary.com/Marc-H-Hedrick-M-D-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-CYTORI-THERAPEUTICS-INC.html You can't make this shit up!

Totally agree - it is a disgrace!

New website 17 Jul 2019 19:46 #13035

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    You said it WST.
    Management keeps transferring what few assets Cytori had/has left into their pockets via bloated salaries and perks.

New website 18 Jul 2019 09:41 #13043

• Wall Street Titan
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Market cap is down to $5,000,000 and Hedrick still pulling in $500K base? How absurd. Malpractice by board of directors, IMHO.

New website 18 Jul 2019 23:21 #13045

• rongside
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Thank you received: 196
    Fas, they have have used jargon in a nonsensical manner in a number of ways. My favorite example of their ridiculousness was one of the banners on the Cytori website. ''Take your sweet time getting well!'' ....... with a picture of a cupcake. What genius approved that ...... and why didn't I run for the hills when I first noticed it ???????

www.cytori.com/

I used to think Calhoun was a lightweight but compared to Hedrick he was a paragon of virtue and competence.

I will follow Cytori/Plus as an academic exercise even though I have totally written off my investment.

My interest is primarily in the ADRC space. I continue to believe that the technology is viable and has the capacity to treat a myriad of conditions. I will be looking to follow the BARDA saga (why wasn't this also sold/what is its residual value/where is it) ....... and what the purchasers of the ADRC patent portfolio/products are going to do with it ...... and most importantly, who are they ???............ and where will it ultimately end up !!!!!!

New website 19 Jul 2019 07:30 #13048

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Ah, the cupcake banner. Probably left from the opening of our office in England when even the local politician made a appearance.
    However, this line from our most recent press release got me:
    >>>Since the beginning of 2019, the company has successfully evaluated and transformed its pipeline <<<

New website 21 Jul 2019 12:23 #13054

• Wall Street Titan
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    The Cytori Board should read this from the new Pluristem CEO:

The policy I intend to lead is: “Focus on the fundamentals and taking advantage of opportunities.” As we approach significant milestones, my main focus will be on transitioning to a commercial stage, revenue generating company. During the last few months, we believe that our valuation was affected by our recent financing, as we took the opportunity to secure financial resources that should assist us in achieving our key near-term milestones. I would like to assure you that I will be very focused on creating value for you, our shareholders, and I believe we have many opportunities to do so. Therefore, and as a vote of confidence in our future success, our board of directors approved, at my suggestion, a reduction in my own compensation and all other directors’ compensation for the 2020 financial year, until the earlier of one year or when our market capitalization doubles. In addition, I have implemented a broad cost reduction plan to increase efficiency and allow us to reach important milestones with our current resources.

Will Marc Hedrick follow suit?

New website 21 Jul 2019 14:57 #13055

• myownhedgefund
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Platinum Boarder
    Last time the BOD tried to reduce Mark's salary he brought in consultants and got it quickly raised again.
    Since our BOD as been weak...even in the days of Lloyd Dean...I doubt we see much action. Besides directors are fairly protected and Cytori has more debt than assets so even from a legal standpoint I dont see much hope.
    So lets see if Hedrick himself can man up. I wont hold my breath !!!!!!!

New website 22 Jul 2019 11:21 #13056

• b767cpt
    • Gold Boarder
    • Gold Boarder
    • Thank you received: 4

myownhedgefund wrote: Last time the BOD tried to reduce Mark's salary he brought in consultants and got it quickly raised again.
    Since our BOD as been weak...even in the days of Lloyd Dean...I doubt we see much action. Besides directors are fairly protected and Cytori has more debt than assets so even from a legal standpoint I dont see much hope.
    So lets see if Hedrick himself can man up. I wont hold my breath !!!!!!!

On Yahoo Summary, joke for the day.

Should You Worry About Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:CYTX) CEO Pay Cheque?

New website 22 Jul 2019 12:27 #13058

• fas

rongside wrote: Fas, they have have used jargon in a nonsensical manner in a number of ways. My favorite example of their ridiculousness was one of the banners on the Cytori website. ''Take your sweet time getting well!'' ....... with a picture of a cupcake. What genius approved that ...... and why didn't I run for the hills when I first noticed it ???????

Each time I visited the website that banner changed my mood drastically- I guess the message that sugar is a slow working poison when taking excessively has not reached the Board rooms at San Diego.

like so many things. :whistle:

• Page:
    Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
    This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites