Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 21 Jun 2014 10:41 #1819

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
The investors note that Cytori put out last week, is very encouraging and another aspect of the gigantic width of the potential ADRC platform. Reconstruction of broken ligaments and tendons is obviously there for everybody, but the way it should be, professional sport athletes are likely to lead the way, since they use their body to perform their duties in their jobs and unlike you and I teams and organizations have invested heavily in the health of these athletes.

At the moment the World Cup in soccer is ongoing in Brazil and it could very well be that some athletes playing there have been treated with the new technology developed by Cugat et al who amongst other things also treats the soccer players of FC Barcelona, probably the best team world wide which employs soccer players from all over the globe.

Extrapolate this know-how to UCL- ulnar collateral ligament injury or better known as Tommy John injury and resulting surgery first done on the LA pitcher Tommy John back in the early 1970ties (picture below), you basically have a similar thing of torn ligaments which are replaced by ligament or tendon grafts from other parts of the body, to make the elbow functional again.

Top pitchers in the MLB make 12-15 Mio $ annually and when you look at the injury list at MLB.com link here: MLB Injuries
you will realize how much capital is invested in idle injured players and what savings could be achieved if they can come back after 6 months instead of 12 months as an example.

Or if they dont get ingjured at all anymore, like one of my favorite players Bartolo Colon, now throwing for the Mets even at high age (41), after he was treated in 2011 by Dr. Joseph Purita on his torn ligaments around his pitching shoulder with PRP and fat cells.

This can become real big once the concept is understood in the Pro-Sport world- just for fun a Bartolo video of his first hit (and run) since 2002- big fun and further below the investors note.

Dear Investors:

Enrollment has been completed in a pilot trial evaluating Cytori Cell Therapy as a potential adjunctive therapy for the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury. The study is led by Ramon Cugat, M.D. PhD with a multidisciplinary team of researchers at Hospital Quiron in Barcelona, Spain.

“Having completed enrollment of all of the patients, we believe that Cytori Cell Therapy combined with a standard bone-patellar tendon-bone graft may have the potential to improve ACL reconstruction outcomes,” said Dr. Cugat. “Initial observations have been impressive and we look forward to presenting data from this important study in the near future.”

The study is a 20 patient, open-label pilot trial in Spain to determine the feasibility of using Cytori Cell Therapy on patients undergoing complete ACL reconstruction. Current ACL repair techniques are generally successful in the short term but patients are required to progressively return to full activities in order to avoid further problems. Patient follow-up will occur at two, four, six and twelve months to assess both clinical and imaging end points, including safety of liposuction and injection of cells, qualitative and quantitative assessments of function, stability and range of motion, and MRI assessment. The study was initiated in 2013 under an approval from the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Medical Devices (AEMPS) and the Spanish Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality (Ministerio de Sanidad, Servicios Sociales e Igualdad).

Dr. Cugat is President of the Medical Council for the Catalan Soccer Delegation's Health Insurance Company under the Spanish Soccer Federation, President of the Board of Directors of the Garcia Cugat Foundation for Biomedical Research, Professor of the Regenerative Medicine Research Chair of the Garcia Cugat Foundation at CEU Cardenal Herrera University, Director of the Orthopaedic Surgical Department in Hospital Quiron, Barcelona, Spain and Head of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in Mutua Patronal Montañesa. Additional researchers include Dr. Josep Maria Serra Renom, Dr. Pedro Álvarez, Dr. Xavier Cuscó, Dr. Roberto Seijas, Dr. Montserrat Garcia Balletbó, Dr. Gilbert Steinbacher, Dr. Betina Nishishinya, Dr. Oscar Ares, Dr. Juan José Boffa, Dr. Marta Rius, Dr. Ester Sala, and Dr. Jordi Català.

The annual incidence of Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction is more than 250,000 in Europe and the United States. ACL injury is often accompanied with a popping noise and a giving out of the knee, which leads to ongoing pain, swelling, loss of range of motion and joint instability. In the case of athletes and active individuals, current treatment for ACL injury typically involves surgery (often involving grafting a piece of hamstring or patellar tendon) combined with a rigorous physical therapy and rehabilitation program. Currently, full rehabilitation following ACL reconstruction can take up to six to nine months. While the success rate for ACL surgeries is generally good, return to pre-injury activity levels varies and repeat injury remains a problem. Cytori Cell Therapy has the potential to facilitate healing when combined with current ACL reconstruction techniques through restoration of blood flow to the graft and modulation of inflammation following surgery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 21 Jun 2014 10:50 #1820

• fas
Bartolo´s gif did not come thru-

another try-
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 21 Jun 2014 16:51 #1821

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Is there enough data now for a partnership or are we talking a minimal 14 months for the data from this trial before someone is serious?
While high value sports players can pay cash...how long for a pivotal trial and reimbursement ? Given the decent track record for current therapy for the ordinary person perhaps only failed treatments get to try stem cells. Valid question imho, and a plausible scenario .

What we really need Fas. is believable communication from the company at to what their goals are and chance of achieving them with these applications. CC left nothing but distrust !!!!! The BOD wasnt much better with poor projections and failures of their own responsibilities.

Certainly the short selling side is not convinced that a real turn is upon us !
I also still dont think a positive BARDA decision does it for them either.

I guess we set what reaction we get for the rest of the month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GetaGrip

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 22 Jun 2014 09:26 #1822

• fas

Is there enough data now for a partnership

Who knows? I certainly do NOT. But there are >50 clinics finished, in process or planned and who knows what is all done?

Only Cytori does know and I think most of that stuff is highly interesting and would show the potential of the technology for a visionary, even if WS analysts with their spreadsheets would not be impressed. I would especially since Cytori is a device Company with totally different pathways to market.

On top of that there surely have been more "experiments" since 2012 since Celution got TOOL approval for tendon, muscle and fascia in Europe. Remember even that talk of a stadium in Florida with a regenerative clinic with Celution attached???

What we really need Fas. is believable communication from the company at to what their goals are and chance of achieving them with these applications. CC left nothing but distrust !!!!! The BOD wasnt much better with poor projections and failures of their own responsibilities.

I fully agree and I believe despite his "statements to the contrary" Hedrick made a horrible start last CC in being more upfront with information sharing.

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 22 Jun 2014 17:58 #1823

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Fas

Check out rothco post on YMB.

I am too short on time at the moment to go back and re-post it here.

Sounds interesting that we may hear news from BARDA tomorrow ! :whistle:

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 23 Jun 2014 09:06 #1824

• fas
Hedge-

I checked out this post-

Going forward, we hope to expand this current contract in two directions. First, if awarded option 1, Cytori will seek FDA-approval for use of Cytori Cell Therapy in the clinical treatment of burn injuries.
Secondly, if contract option 2 is subsequently awarded, Cytori would develop Cytori Cell Therapy for use as a pre-deployed medical countermeasure for thermal burns complicated by radiation exposure.
By the time this letter is received, Cytori should have a clearer picture of the next steps under this contract.

This looks like straight from the original communication on BARDA in Sept 2012.

It makes sense too- first you do burns- i.e. get FDA approval. Second- when that looks to work (and we know it works from EU specific claim) you deploy the new generation Celution and do some work on radiation/thermal burns, where the number of patients is likely to be not so available as with normal burns

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 23 Jun 2014 09:36 #1825

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I was short on time when I read this part.

***By the time this letter is received,***

I originally took this as a slip to the positive but as I thought about it it didnt really make sense so I reread it and came away as you posted...simply standard type language.

All well....still think we hear a positive response as a "no" should have come rather quickly.

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 23 Jun 2014 14:20 #1826

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Fas,
that was straight from the letter to shareholders for the annual meeting scheduled for July 31. My point was that Mark stated that by the time we received said letter Cytori should have an answer from BARDA. Well we have all received the letter if you received your proxy material but no annoucement,so he was jsut spouting more hot air. the day is not over so maybe Monday after the market close. I won't hold my breath.

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 23 Jun 2014 15:06 #1827

• fas
Yes Michael-

I see what you mean. I just downloaded the annual report and proxy statements.

So the letter to shareholders signed by Hedrick was dated June 16 2014-

You are correct- By the time this letter is received, Cytori should have a clearer picture of the next steps under this contract.- seems to point to the Annual Report letter and I assume they are right- Cytori must have a clearer picture- the shareholders however (as usual) DO NOT. :grin: :yawn:

About Tommy John, ACL,UCL and Bartolo Colon 23 Jun 2014 18:05 #1828

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
fas,
guess he mis-spoke, it;s deja vu all over again. maybe tomorrow we are clearer as well :cry:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites