• Page:

TOPIC: How ROBUST is it ????

How ROBUST is it ???? 08 Oct 2014 19:54 #2429

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
The ROBUST trial in Basle has been terminated after only 8 patients were treated. The reason given was slow recruitment. :cry:

There was supposed to be a 20 person pilot followed by a 270 person pivotal. Although not a Cytori sponsored trial this is a setback.

It would be nice to know the reason for the slow recruitment but CYTX management is unlikely to ever tell us. Lets hope that whatever the reason they appreciate its significance going forward.

We have gone down too many dead end streets in the past .......... we can ill afford to repeat ourselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How ROBUST is it ???? 08 Oct 2014 21:12 #2430

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Fat Lady is warming up !
Maybe this is why we never hear about all these trials...never finish or lackluster results
Gotta think its the procedure that is the problem...are patients balking at the lipo ? One thing if you are young but the elderly may have a different view when other treatments are available.
Nitch player is the best bet it seems. Can they hang on long enough to roll out the cheaper model and hope to attrack more users garnishing a few dozen patients each annually ? This, imho, has been one of the largest problems in a BP deal...not that it is disruptive, its that there is no proof of large scale acceptance.

Going back a few years something that always bothered me was breast reconstruction patient satisfaction. It was something in the 70% area yet the photo's we saw seemed amazing. Why was that ??????? Did we miss a major "tell" ????

How ROBUST is it ???? 09 Oct 2014 02:37 #2433

• rongside
  • rongside's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
If the Fat Lady sings it will not be due to the technology failing. It will be due to management failure.

One way or another even if CYTX was to fail, the IP and past approvals/data would be passed on to a successor............... you know the one .......... the tenacious enlightened investors (Roth/Oxford/Maxim) who picked up the pieces and became rich as a result.

As for the ROBUST trial I can imagine that the majority of senior citizens may well be reticent about signing off on an experimental procedure. Particularly one that involves an element of pain at a time when they are suffering from major bone damage/pain. I have no doubt that if there was positive data that the doctor could present to them then it would be adopted.
Recruitment requires superb planning and tenacity ......... not to mention patients who are willing to put themselves "out there".

As for the breast reconstruction we were killed by a combination of (a) state (UK) funding limitations and (b) plastic surgeon reluctance to undertake a procedure that is time consuming as each patient wound/divot is unique. Time is money, and if the cost of the procedure (and capital equipment/consumables) is too high forget about it. This applies even more so for doctors in the public sector with heavy workloads that may involve more urgent cases. It was never about whether ADRC worked and patient satisfaction .......... they do & they were.

Perhaps the new smaller/cheaper/faster device with cheaper consumables will be able to overcome this problem.

As for demand we see all sorts of private pay clinics around the world treating patients with dubious ADRC treatments for good money. The demand for ADRC treatment IS out there.

How ROBUST is it ???? 09 Oct 2014 05:57 #2434

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
rongside
I very much understand WHY breast in the UK was not adopted. My point on this matter was that I felt it worked amazingly well when looking at the photos and thought the patient survery would have been better than the 70% it got.

Back to the elderly...can we not apply this to SUI ? IMHO it was always going to be a factor when the average result was you still leaked 12cc a day.

The stated Osteoarthritis trial patients will certainly contain elderly but these people have constant chronic pain so it may not be such a issue with them. As if we have the cash to go forward with this. Either someone steps up to pay for it or it is dead before it even starts.

How ROBUST is it ???? 09 Oct 2014 11:24 #2435

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108
Very disappointing this termination.

I will take a few days off and put my energy into other things..probably will try to get a hold by phone of Frau Saxer, who is at the root of the research and leading the clinic. We will see, if that works.

I am curious to know, who the new "big owners" of Cytori are. Will do some research. Its clear- the "to date" big owners of Cytori stock are pretty upset, just like all of us. :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites