Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 07 Apr 2015 13:41 #4105

• Brimstone32
  • Brimstone32's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
,This one is hard to believe, but the the size of this market is ridiculous

okyanos.com/patient-success/amys-stem-cell-therapy-for-type-1-diabetes/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 08 Apr 2015 06:43 #4112

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
Great story and you had better believe that its true- since you will hear many more stories like that in the future.

Type 1 is basically an autoimmune disorder and also called juvenile diabetes, since it affects mainly children. For obvious reasons- Tregs and other cells not found in cultured brews, ADRCs work very well here.

The reason why some of us are so INSISTENT on the future of Cytori are the experiences of a Japanese doctor- Dr. Mitsuo, who did a lot of experimenting in the 208 - 2009 timeframe.

Apparently he was in touch with the Feshbach´s and the Gagnon´s, so some of the miracle cures and improvements in patients lives, spread to more immortal folks like DOV and myself. If you heard those stories- you are a believer, regardless of the mess Cytori management made of the tech in the past.

You will get similar stories now coming out of Okyanos, since obviously Matt knows and you will understand what power the tech has and some day also why the tech is not very well fitting with Big Pharma interests. :really:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeadd@twitter

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 08 Apr 2015 07:56 #4113

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Well, I guess I will have to be the A-hole... again...

A while ago, I had a conversation with Matt, that guy does NOT sound like a professional. If he represents that hospital, then NOT GOOD!

I really thought that hospital was honest, I still believe they are... But I had a bad feeling when I talked to him. more like a car salesman.

Just my on opinion, and I am sure I pushed him, but...

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 08 Apr 2015 16:05 #4124

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
cytxer,

Convincing a very sick individual to spend the better part of a hundred grand to have fat sucked out of his gut, processed through a machine, and injected into his heart does take a salesman. A dedicated one at that. Lets hope he can help some people. Thats what it is all about.

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 09 Apr 2015 08:14 #4130

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109
In the story, there was a line which should have folks interested in the treatment of Alopecia lighten up their eyes...

Amy also says Dr. Malan told her to be on the lookout for some seemingly insignificant things one wouldn’t expect. “My hair is fuller since treatment, which was completely unexpected!”

Works apparently also with IV treatment. :grin: But I must admit I do not know how the usual administration for baldness would be... maybe IV afterall. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 09 Apr 2015 08:58 #4131

• mikeadd@twitter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm like the bird who sees the cat but, if the cat stays still, the bird forgets and comes closer--in regards to cytx science vs management. I've been in and out for better part of a decade because of the science. I'm still incredulous that a group could be So Bad 4 So Long and not realize they're out of their league and hire someone to run the company while they handle the science. But maybe this new group will be better. I give them a pass on the low pps warrants because I don't think anyone could imagine the pps dropping like that, thereby putting management in a terrible position. Cytx is in a much improved position now than it was last time I was in, eg, FDA talks to them, Fed contracts, EU, China etc, so I think compared to a few years ago, the blind squirrel has found a few nuts. GLTA

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 09 Apr 2015 12:58 #4134

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25

fatboy wrote: cytxer,

Convincing a very sick individual to spend the better part of a hundred grand to have fat sucked out of his gut, processed through a machine, and injected into his heart does take a salesman. A dedicated one at that. Lets hope he can help some people. Thats what it is all about.

FB, we have salesmen, then we have salesmen... he fits better to sell second hand cars, not 100 grand procedures.

A real salesperson, will not tilt when you push them.

People who want this procedure are either very desperate, or have a lot of money.. the ones with money will not pay unless Matt and his people can prove they're worth the converation.

The reason Cytori has failed so far, has been weak people around strong technology.... If the tech indeed is as good as we all think, then very soon even Matt can sell it, but could take months or so...

My honest observation.

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 09 Apr 2015 13:41 #4136

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Thanks for your observation CY. I have never had contact with Feshbac but I remember Fas seemed to trust him. The "crux of the biscuit " (to quote Frank Zappa), is whether the procedures help the patients. That is why AF is so insidious. He has the stature and ability to plant doubts. He is ruining my day. And my days suck the way it is. I need this company to start to pay off. Just sayin...

Okyanos - Type 1 Diabetes 09 Apr 2015 21:02 #4141

• d9dozrman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fb, "crux of the biscuit" (Zappa) is decent, but what about Don Henley, and Heart of the Matter? Just kidding, love em both :)
BTW, I'll be seeing Joe Bonamassa at the Orpheum in Minneapolis on the 24th, love his blues licks. :cool: Like forgot says, "F" AF.

d9

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites