Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: OA related (?)- spinal disk repair

OA related (?)- spinal disk repair 03 Jun 2015 05:57 #4611

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
The slide called OA development has been used by Cytori in several investor presentations in the past 9 months or so.

That slide you see here below:

Looking a bit more careful to the slide, you see either a "no reference sign" at number 1 and 3 ; a Cytori collaborator sign- § : at number 2, 4 and 5 and the rest which has nothing to do with Cytori i.e. was independent work-, which is most referenced work, at least in humans- all of it. :grin:

The "collaborator sign" is also indicated at numbers 4 and 5, which are basically VetStem studies. I can assure you Harman et al surely have not worked with Cytori at all in the past. Only common thing is that VetStem took a licence on the 231 patent, which Cytori USED to own from the Regents of UCLA, however - as known- The Regents lost their ownership of this patent in 2008 to the University of Pittsburgh.... :bang:

Anyway- in this post I do not want to cover OA- but Spinal disk, since I have indicated in a prior post that everything seems to work, which involved ADRCs and Celution. :really:

I recalled last night- that is not one 100% true. There is an issue with spinal disk, which Cytori references on this slide as number 2. It beats me what this has to do with OA, since cartilage and bone are kind of different, but lets say..its all somewhat related.... LOL :grin: :grin:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

OA related (?)- spinal disk repair 03 Jun 2015 06:30 #4612

• fas
The referenced study (at number 3) by Ganey (University of Atlanta) and Dr. Meisel (from Germany- a long time bone R&D collaborator with Cytori) is quite interesting and I was pretty sure in 2009/2010 that this application was going to be developed soon.

In 2008 it was shown by Cytori as in development- but as Calhoun told me in 2010- there was no money for this....as usual... :KO:

Anyway- the preclinical study with dogs was very convincing and successful. You can read or download at here and the conclusion was as follows:

Conclusion-
Autologous adipose tissue derived stem and regenerative cells were effective in promoting disc regeneration in this
disc injury model as evidenced by disc matrix production and overall disc morphology.

Key Points-
● Autologous ADRCs can be isolated and concentrated within 2 hours following removal.
● Cell-based therapeutic treatment of disc injury can be delivered percutaneously.
● Intervertebral disc matrix stimulation is demonstrated with regard to tissue appropriate constituents.
● Evidence of intervertebral disc repair comes from cell integrated morphology following implantation.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2009-Ganey-IVD-canine-model.pdf
File Size: 1,883 KB
Attachments:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

OA related (?)- spinal disk repair 03 Jun 2015 06:43 #4613

• fas
So- after knowing the relative success of the dog preclinical, I was kind of surprised to read an abstract from the Amsterdam Group around Marco Helder, that they had severe issues with their goat preclinical on the same application. :really:

This was first presented at IFATS in Amsterdam in 2014 and of course Chris Centeno devoted an article on that as soon as the paper came out . :joy:

You can read all the gory details in the paper if you like- just the conclusion here:

In our studies, we observed a consistent, severe inflammatory response after the injection of SVF into both chemically degenerated and healthy goat IVDs, for which no definite explanation could be identified. Nevertheless, we conclude that injecting a heterogeneous mixture of cells into a healthy or degenerated IVD bears a risk for severe adverse effects. As the intervertebral disc is the largest avascular organ in the body, it can easily turn into a cellhostile environment, as opposed to other well-vascularised tissues that have proven a safe platform for SVF therapy.
Therefore, based on our observations in the goat disc degeneration model, until the cause of these adverse effects is elucidated, SVF injections into the IVD may not be ready for application in clinical practice.

One can conclude from that, that IVD or spinal disk is unlikely to work.... :whistle:

BTW- interesting to note, that the study was sponsored by the European Commission AND CYTORI.... although shareholders were NEVER informed about that... :bash:

File Attachment:

File Name: 2015-adverseEffectsSVFinSpinalDisk.pdf
File Size: 1,066 KB
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites