Cytori´s Platform applications
  • Page:

TOPIC: The forgotten "Cugat & Meniscus" clinic

The forgotten "Cugat & Meniscus" clinic 24 Sep 2015 13:42 #5248

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
I was just flipping through all the posts that Michael Buratov has in his blog.

This guy is incredibly energetic and writes about everything under the sun in relation to regenerative technology and is fair and unbiased in his judgments. He basically is an eternal optimist and very positive. :winky:

Since February 10- Cytori has been very very quiet about this: Enrollment Begins European Knee Meniscus Injury Pilot Trial to Evaluate Cytori Cell Therapy See Announcement , but basically its one more "iron" in the fire in respect of clinical apps development, which however is somewhat put in the back-seat. :whistle:

To come back to Buratov- he wrote an artcle on February 24th, based on this announcement and added some images, worth while to borrow... :grin: :grin:

Cytori Therapeutics is a cell therapy company that is in the process of developing cell therapies from a patient’s own fat tissue that can potentially treat a variety of medical conditions. To date, the preclinical studies and clinical trials suggest that their Cytori Cell Therapy can improve blood flow, modulate the immune system, and facilitating wound repair.

Recently, Cytori has announced that it has enrolled its first patients in an ambitious clinical trial that will test their stem cell product in patients undergoing surgery for traumatic injuries to the meniscus of the knee. The meniscus is a wedge of cartilage on either side of the knee joint that acts a a shock absorber between the femur and the head of the tibia

Ramon Cugat, who is the Co-Director of the Orthopedic Institute, Hospital Quiron Barcelona, Spain, is the principal investigator for this trial. Dr. Cugat serves as an orthopedic surgeon at Hospital Quiron Barcelona. This trial will test the ability of Cytori Cell Therapy to heal the meniscus and is being conducted in parallel with a similar trial that is testing the Cytori Cell Therapy as a treatment for anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repairs. The patients treated with Cytori Cell Therapy for ACL repairs are still being evaluated, but to date, no safety related concerns have emerged and the patients seem to have improved. These preliminary results were presented at the Barcelona Knee Symposium in November 2014.

Continue reading in Michaels Blog....: Buratov Article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites