TOPIC: KPMG out !

KPMG out ! 14 Jul 2016 21:26 #7415

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Let the games begin !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KPMG out ! 14 Jul 2016 21:38 #7416

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Did Tiago Girao use to work for KPMG or E Young?

As I said many times Tiago has done a great job at CYTX and yet, I think, he may feel KPMG's auditing activities are not up to what Tiago has in mind, particularly in the "going concern" opinion. This opinion may hinder many big money managers' participation in the current stock purchase. I think CYTX should have enough enough liquidity for another year. By that time, with positive scleroderma news leading to "NDA", the stock price maybe much higher to enable the company to raise more cash with less shares. Actually, the exercising of CYTXW would allow the company to raise another $ 10 Million and this money plus increased income from Japan and EU may allow the company to go forward into the 2018 break even point. Just my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 00:13 #7417

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109

franshei wrote: Did Tiago Girao use to work for KPMG or E Young?.

To my knowledge- Girao was the former engagement manager of KPMG on the Cytori account- i.e. he must have known Cytori inside out before signing there. After he left KPMG he went to Nuvasive- a couple blocks down the road from La Jolla, who paid a lot of money to Osiris for the take-over of their cadaver bone product with some living cells. Osiris created that biologic without going through the FDA.... a socalled 361 which never was a 361... :whistle: but sold for big money.. :grin:

Anyway- as I have written before - I think KPMG was deficient in their professional judgment on Cytori in respect of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Their "going concern" subject to however, extremely justified considering the FCOC Cytori had to pay the last 3 years or so- that is absolutely no issue.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 06:04 #7418

• rothco619
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 67
Guess Cytori did not like the fact they questioned Cytori's ability to continue as an ongoing concern. Cytori doesn't like shareholders questioning that fact either. As they do with everything they bury there head in the sand , turn a deaf ear and hope that everyone simply forgets what they promise. :bang: :bash: :puke: :evil: :nice:

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 07:37 #7419

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
FAS, You have accounting background, so you know things better than all of us.

In my judgement, KPMP may have their strict corporate policies to enforcing their auditing activities, as such Tiago Girao (and formerly Saad) and the rest of CYTX cannot do certain things within the generally acceptable accounting rules. Remember the last 4th Q before Calhoun and Saad's departure, Calhoun was predicting a much improved 4th Q result and yet it became a big disaster (big surprise for many), because of accounting rules changes.Then, CYTX had a hearing with listing department of NASD and KPMP's opinion on the "going concern" must have been included, the result of the meeting was a failure.

KPMP might have become an administrative issue for Girao, who should know certain new/newer rules within KPMP and they are unfavorable for small biotechs (including MESO and OSIR), which may have enough cash for just 12 months at a time.

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 08:12 #7420

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1109

franshei wrote: FAS, You have accounting background, so you know things better than all of us.

In my judgement, KPMP may have their strict corporate policies to enforcing their auditing activities, as such Tiago Girao (and formerly Saad) and the rest of CYTX cannot do certain things within the generally acceptable accounting rules. Remember the last 4th Q before Calhoun and Saad's departure, Calhoun was predicting a much improved 4th Q result and yet it became a big disaster (big surprise for many), because of accounting rules changes.Then, CYTX had a hearing with listing department of NASD and KPMP's opinion on the "going concern" must have been included, the result of the meeting was a failure.

KPMP might have become an administrative issue for Girao, who should know certain new/newer rules within KPMP and they are unfavorable for small biotechs (including MESO and OSIR), which may have enough cash for just 12 months at a time.

Franshei-
Whatever the reasoning of the audit committee and the Board- we can speculate, but will unlikely find out what the real reason was. BDO is fine too - the fifth largest globally I believe and represented all across the globe, with HQ in Brussels Belgium. I do not expect "going concern" issues with them, but anticipated those to disappear with KMPG as auditors too at year-end. :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 09:35 #7421

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
A simpler explanation. Maybe they were just charging too much and BDO underbid them. Gotta save every last dollar you can if you're Cytori.

KPMG out ! 15 Jul 2016 10:18 #7422

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
WST

This may very well be the best explanation, as CYTX's sales and marketing activities have increasingly gone overseas., at this moment.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites