Username: Password: Remember me
CYTX Financial performance development

TOPIC: Surprise, surprise

Surprise, surprise 10 Apr 2017 15:43 #9121

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108

SAN DIEGO, April 10, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (“Cytori” or the “Company”) (CYTX) announced today that it intends to offer and sell shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. All of the shares to be sold in the offering are to be sold by Cytori. Cytori currently intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for working capital and general corporate purposes, including funding of the HABEO and ATI-0918 development programs.

Maxim Group LLC is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering. The offering is subject to market conditions, and there can be no assurance as to whether or when the offering may be completed, or as to the actual size or terms of the offering.

The securities described above are being offered by Cytori pursuant to a registration statement (File No. 333-195846) previously filed and declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). A preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus relating to this offering will be filed with the SEC. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus relating to this offering may be obtained from Maxim Group LLC, 405 Lexington Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10174, at 212-895-3745. Electronic copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus will also be available on the website of the SEC at www.sec.gov .

At what you think is the very bottom of any possible valuation and with enough potential to raise money thru LPC they let Maxim at it again. I do not get this.:cry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Surprise, surprise 10 Apr 2017 19:48 #9122

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
What a shock AH!

The AZA marriage is still a big puzzle and Hedrick is not quite clear how the synergism would work.

Surprise, surprise 10 Apr 2017 20:06 #9123

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Those who didn't participate in the share holder offering made the smart move. Sorry to say I did and now realize with the new offering coming, double the shares could now be purchased over that garbage deal. Long term shareholders have suffered a lot of pain in keeping this company on it's feet and it's about time that Hedrick start thinking about those who have been there for him.
I might add that I don't understand why they couldn't wait until the STAR data came out to announce this to get more bang for the buck.

Surprise, surprise 10 Apr 2017 21:12 #9124

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Caught all the glory from pre-market to after hour carnage from afar today.
The day made absolutely no sense trading that volume and the PPS move but I thought at least they finally get what they need to sell shares into with the ATM with Cohen or LPC. Bombshell after the close creams those who bought the pop. Maxim but no B Riley...Hmmm. Who thinks Sabby will be involved.
A lot of craziness BEFORE a key data release. LPC deal, then Azaya deal, now another offering through Maxim. Something sure stinks.
Love how the really can do what ever they want with the money according to the filing today. Lots of interesting tidbits in there.
My guess is this gets done closer to a $1.00 than todays AH close.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 07:59 #9126

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1108

myownhedgefund wrote: A lot of craziness BEFORE a key data release. LPC deal, then Azaya deal, now another offering through Maxim. Something sure stinks.
Love how the really can do what ever they want with the money according to the filing today. Lots of interesting tidbits in there.
My guess is this gets done closer to a $1.00 than todays AH close.

I just do not get it why one would do a secondary- albeit a small one- before this major news. One would really think that Cytori wants the shareholder/investor to think- SOMETHING STINKS... anyway- the pricing- 8.6Mio at 1,10$

Apr 11, 2017
SAN DIEGO, April 11, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (“Cytori” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:CYTX) announced today that it has priced an underwritten public offering of 8,600,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $1.10 per share. Gross proceeds, before underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering costs, are expected to be approximately $9.5 million.
Cytori currently intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for working capital and general corporate purposes, including funding of the HABEO and ATI-0918 development programs. Cytori has granted the underwriter a 45-day option to purchase up to 15% of additional shares of its common stock. The offering is expected to close on or about April 17, 2017, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Maxim Group LLC is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 08:56 #9127

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Likely the final time they could possibly lure more fools.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 08:57 #9128

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
This deal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever other than screwing the long time shareholders big time. Why do a float at a 1.10 when the pps was up around 1.40?

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 09:00 #9129

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Obviously, because it was the highest price they could get (which should tell you something ...). Also, the underwriters and/or others involved with the deal were likely short at earlier prices. This is what happens, folks, when nobody wants to do legitimate partnerships/business with a company: the company's share price gets raped at the expense of shareholders, while the deal makers providing the money (to keep the company alive) profit off sophisticated trading regimens. All while the management is paying themselves $600k a year. Same principles for the last deal they did. Just so you know.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 09:14 #9130

• carl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Don't worry, they will have to adjust the price to market price.
Just like the last time.
So everyone can double-double-double down.

I predict 0.50 $ within a week.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 09:30 #9131

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
1. With the CYTX ongoing with all cylinders running at full speed, the engine needs gasoline that is CASH.

2. The spike allows those in the know to raise CASH yesterday and buy shares at a major discount today.

3. The market price may go up, so that the greedy big boys can buy low from the company/Maxim and sell high in the open market.

Just my guess.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 09:44 #9132

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
If you're right franshei, may be a good opportunity to avg cost down some but this thing smells of a last desperation act to me.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 09:56 #9134

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

Likely the final time they could possibly lure more fools

Are you kidding? They are just beginning. Buying a phony company when they are hemorrhaging with debt, completely changing their therapy strategies? Creating market changing volatility so their "investors" can make a killing whilst the common folk dummies languish in delirium? This thing ain't near over Waddy.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 10:19 #9135

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
The special shareholders' offer last year was a trap and I think most people here knew it. DOV did not participate. I did not even answer Tiago's call and I simply blurred through MAXIM's call with nonsense. I knew it was a trap.

I think this all time low could be good buying, if it follows the recent ATHX price action -low around 1.1 with a common stock offering and then a strong uptick to over $ 2 with some news and then settling around 1.5 or so.

I think pending news for CYTX may include: BARDA award, STAR data.

Afterthoughts:

Now with what maybe more clear than it was, CYTX is not betting on big partnerships in the horizon. The company may plan on going forward along.

1. Scleroderma US marketing (40 treatment centers)-company can handle by itself.

2. Scleroderma labeling expansion into the Raynauld's would not be too costly and the marketing scope would be far bigger than the scleroderma along. With Raynauld's , CYTX may be able to find a world wide marketing partner.

3. Doxo- pilot plant validation would pose no major problems of the company and it should be completed this year, to allow EU ANDA filing. Without a partner, CYTX can sell the drug in EU by established distributors - no problems.

4. The real reasons for acquiring the AZA assets are not very clear. Many nanotechnology companies have claimed that their delivery technologies have synergism with cell therapies and many biotechs have been lured into this kind of marriage. What is Hedrick's agenda in this area is very murky to me.

Some speculative thoughts relating to the AZA acquisition: Based on works done by Bill Enzminger at U of M (mitomycin C and corn starch microspheres), Geron's failed breast Ca studies, Israel Chemicals works in microspheres, I think Hedrick may look for leads in new OA treatments, scleroderma organ treatments, etc. He is up to something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: b767cpt

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 10:21 #9136

• waddlingwillbologni
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I suppose you're right. If they can keep the fools coming this long, I suppose they can do so after scleroderma fails also.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 10:22 #9137

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Carl
***I predict 0.50 $ within a week. ***
Well that is the bottom cited in the LPC deal but no, I don't think so. One can look at ATHX's recent raise that we trade either side of the offering for a few days then settle in.
Management scrambling for cash and moves from one blunder to the next.
Volume or lack the of played a role imho.
Late last summer my concern was the MAP in Europe which we now know is dead. My current concern is the true market size that can/will be addressed for scleroderma/raynauds assuming they get FDA approval.
This money only gets them so far. Much more raising to come because we know the $20 million from LPC wont cut it to launch a new product.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 11:24 #9138

• b767cpt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well Hedge, let's hope that they wait until the phase three data comes out before doing another offering. This one is pathetic!

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 12:03 #9140

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
They will.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 14:48 #9141

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge

I think the LP and the ATM monies are still parts of the overall CASH infusion over the horizon (1 -2 years).

The current $10 million is needed for the balance of 2017.

The BARDA award of at least $ 10 million is just for the BARDA project. However the phase 1 data from the BARDA trial is extremely important for other CYTX studies including the nano development - iv dosing and CTX2 (which is probably used in the BARDA burn study). I think CTX2 will be formerly introduced in the future, when consummables enter the center stage in the revenue stream (just like softwares take over the hardwares in the computer business).

I think for the treatment of the Raynaud's etc., CTX2 will be used (IV dosing as well). I think Hedrick is playing with timing here and there.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 16:43 #9143

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi franshei
So I was thinking they needed enough through Q3 and what they raised got them through October and maybe a tad further but are you saying you don't think they will raise again this year with a positive data PPS spike ?
Even if you are correct about this raise lasting to year end, new money has to come from some where.

Maybe I am missing your meaning.

Surprise, surprise 11 Apr 2017 17:31 #9145

• franshei
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Hedge, I really hope that things will quiet down for the rest of the year.

Recent ATHX spiked as William Blair started the coverage. William Blair is not really better than Maxim. Here in Chicago, we had 3 small pharmas (ran by x Bristol Myers people) started and restarted with Blair monies. Both went under in 2 to 5 years. Blair makes many mistakes, just like everybody else. In an article fresh out of the press, it is indicated that there is a lot of fake news in the financial market, just as in the political arena. A lot of familiar names (well known to all of us here) in the financial media circles have been mentioned as carriers of fake news.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites