• Page:

TOPIC: Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 11:17 #1265

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Thank you guys!!!!!

There is always somebody that sends me the latest issued analyst reports, which is good. This time around there were six! :yep: Thank you guys!

I guess that means I should share (which I forgot so far (sorry :KO: )

but there you go..see attachment
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 11:29 #1266

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What to think about this Fas? It was posted on the Yahoo MB.
I guess the FDA won'tbe able to say it is minimally manipulated ;-)

www.boston.com/news/science/blogs/science-in-mind/2014/01/29/scientists-discover-new-simpler-way-make-stem-cells/WfOqon5jKzMeVpgYdkdBQK/blog.html

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 12:15 #1267

• fas

I guess the FDA won'tbe able to say it is minimally manipulated ;-)

No -of course , you are right there. But this just confirms what I have been writing here and at LinkedIn, that CONDITIONING of adult cells would be the way to go- find out what stimulates them (especially the mesenchymal precursors) to do the thing you want them to do.

This plays heavily into the magic of Cytori Cell Therapy "Phase II" so to speak. :vegas:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 12:36 #1268

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
What do you mean by Cytori Cell Therapy "Phase II"?
Don't you see this as a major competition down the road?

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 14:05 #1269

• fas
No- this is not competition- just an incentive to keep on doing what they are doing.

The article talks about normal human cells being manipulated with stress force and other means. This is exactly what you can do with fresh cells in a "machine or device" also. Exerting stress- oxygen addition or deprival, growth factors. All kind of stuffs to drive the cells in the direction you want without culturing, gene manipulation or whatever.

I know this is what Cytori is already working on. And that should not be a secret- but takes time. :cool:

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 16:13 #1270

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Fas !
I thought this procedure didn't need a lipo (as they talked about cells in general) and thus would probably lower the entrance barrier of the procedure...

Why is it that scientists are so amazed about this proceure and not about Cytori's well known approach (at least known to people in the stem cell field)? :-(

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 29 Jan 2014 16:36 #1271

• fas
Tanguin-

Adult cells always have a source. Otherwise they cannot be adult cells.

In this case - they speak of lymphocytes- those are all across the body- just like the vascular system, but have a different function.

Surely its a bit more difficult to get a hold of them than fat cells thru lipo. :winky:

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 31 Jan 2014 03:56 #1274

• fas
I did recognize the importance of the "basic research" and posted on LinkedIn. After me several others did the same thing. :grin:

But I have my Missouri Professor to "talk to" there (we have similar views) and he reponded first-

hanks Fas, very interesting. I wonder if this is similar to what happens in-vivo in areas of damaged tissue. Certainly the microenvironment is very important and the relationships there are even more complex and need to be further explored.

the below is my response- it proves AGAIN that adult therapy is the thing of the future and not ENGINEERED cells.

Richard- yes very interesting. But mainly what it proves to me is the plasticity of the adult cell. You can do something with it and it responds. In this case to the extreme that you get Stimulus Triggered Acquisition of Pluripotency. Basically you have a condition again which is most likely uncontrollable in clinical practice. What we need is Stimulus Triggered Acquisition of Healing Capacity of tissue necrosis or wounds. At present you only see either angiogenesis or anti-inflammatory impacts of current therapies (the MSB results being a prime example again) due to paracrine mechanisms. As Chris states so nicely- you do not see that shiny blank disk on MRI meaning tissue growth or closing of the disk where the nucleus stuff leaks out. You might as well inject a bunch of cytokines and get the same results.
But it can be done different also- I have seen amazing wound healing stuff, with cells, a collagen matrix and Fibroblast Growth Factors. To me- the result was the combination, not the cells by themselves. Another example- it is known that rHBMP-2 in combination with cells do not improve the results compared to either one therapy.(Zuk et al) If you expose the cells before input into the patient to BMP-2 for a brief period (15 minutes) you get excellent bone formation as Helder recently reported at IFATS.
Conditioning or Stimulation of the cells- i.e. finding their bio chemistry trigger to do what we want them to do, must the challenge of the future in regenerative medicine. IMO.

Record number of Laidlaws in my mailbox 01 Feb 2014 06:21 #1276

• fas
Discussion is still ongoing but here only the next two statements by Prof Hammer and myself :

Fas, I think you've hit the nail on the head. For a long time I've thought someday we will determine what cytokines/factors we need to use and mix up a potion. I'm also familiar with the wound healing field and there are some great results with different strategies, cytokines and matrixes. I think we are using cells as an intelligent responsive "drug factory" at the moment and haven't figured out the complex interactions. And as Chris states the end goal of regeneration is the golden ring. And as this paper points out sometimes something simple can be the answer. I expect to see a slew of papers now on variation of the theme of altering the microenvironment and seeing if it produces STAP.

You are probably right Richard- and personally I think this process could already be in full swing with autologous same day surgical procedures. Contrary to the regulations in the US, one can do what Marco Helder did in his periodontal study in Europe and not be an ATMP by having the cells produced by a device (in his case Celution), condition them (probably more than minimal manipulation) and put them back into the patient. The magic being the "placing on the market regulations" where the cells remain property of the patient and the device being regulated based on the clinical outcomes of safety and efficacy.
I personally expect a lot especially in the cardiac arena, where the science is most advanced in respect of knowing why present day efforts did NOT produce the blockbuster results silently hoped for (like anti-VEGF receptor antibodies blocking myocyte differentiation and other things). This fine tuning might come to us faster than we realize at this point in time.
Anyway- as a former business manager who had to provide follow-up economic justifications of prior investments of a mere 5 Mio$ in the past and seeing that CIRM spends billions without such a normal control tool, it hurts to realize that if only 10% of that money wasted would have gone in real regenerative medicine research, patients today would be a lot more positive about their chances finding a effective therapy for their ailments.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites