• Page:

TOPIC: Guess the size of the offering

Guess the size of the offering 22 Jan 2015 13:52 #3240

• myownhedgefund
  • myownhedgefund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 204
As the usual endless supply of stock is offered each and everyday curious what the board think the size of the next offering will be.

I had hopes they could get away with 30 million shares for this round and next time get better pricing but I am beginning to evolve my thinking that they may have to do 40 million shares this round.

Do they gamble with the lower raise anyway ?

Thoughts ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Guess the size of the offering 22 Jan 2015 15:27 #3241

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
DOV wrote 3 weeks ago

Cytori is doing everything possible to avoid another dilutive financing especially at these prices. We know Calhoun's severance is based on a sports medicine partnership out of the EU with up-front cash of between $7.5 million and $15 million less Calhoun's severance or commission. Astellas would have to be another candidate for additional equity in Cytori.

This has been the issue now for the past 8 years.

There always has been the REASONABLE hope for non-dilutive or better "friendly dilutive" financing in the form of a similar deal as MesoBlast made with Cephalon. It never happened so far, but the signals of the tech being strong are getting stronger by the day.

So maybe the REAL question maybe should be -will Cytori be successful in finding a partner before April?

If not- ATHENA will not move anything....other technology stuff is unlikely to get the PPS up as you concluded... so - it would have to be 50 Mio in the 40 cents range. :puke:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Guess the size of the offering 22 Jan 2015 15:48 #3242

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in agreement about the $0.40 range.
Will they dare 50 million shares ? Possibly.
They need at least $35 million in cash and I really lean towards $40 million....but if we go with 50 million shares raising 20 million less fees and nearly 15 million for the warrants @ $0.5771, if exercised in a timely fashion, we would be in decent shape for awhile.

Will the new CFO push for such as raise or will we follow the Calhoun/Saad path of biannual funding needs ?

I am not counting on any new partnership revenues until they happen. Even the above has to work out just right.
We are still in very deep doo doo and the reverse split is not off the table even with a extension. :cry:

Any others care to offer a opinion ?

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 06:23 #3244

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
If we believe that Cytori will be a 1 bilion company within 4 years, I don't have an issue with them offering 100mio shares @ 45 cents.
If that's the price to pay to get rid of the quarterly cash discussions, be my guest !

Maybe this will enable us to gain some confidence in the market and especially some time, although at a high price for long time shareholders...so be it....

It's the time element that is crucial. 45 million dollar will give us 18 months of breathing time. If they don't realize anything by then, let's face it, it would be a big disappointment.
Barda, Scleroderma, SUI, KT Lim, Okyanos-like initiatives, Astellas, Japan legislation, China, sports applications, cardiac, osteoarthritis, wound healing, Bimini, new generation of Celution etc...will NOTHING significant be realized? Then it's game over I guess and bye bye palm trees for retirement :cry: !

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 08:46 #3245

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
BinE

Point taken on finally getting the cash situation out of the way. I have always complained they never raise enough and of course wait til rock bottom prices when they do raise for fricking 8 years straight !!!.
Anyway....if we are to believe there is to be any raise in revenues they should be able to get away with the warrants playing a positive role and/or perhaps one last smaller raise...but that is just my current opinion and nothing to date has ever gone Cytori's way. :puke:

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 09:27 #3246

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I guess the issue with the present situation is really the market conditions i.e. the gentle front runners like Sabby are mainly after for the warrants, so 26 Mio shares become 52 Mio and a 50 Mio at 40 cents will have a warrant for 45-50 cents attached, so that you are talking 100 Mio dilution. :whistle:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 12:09 #3247

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah...I don't believe the outstanding share count stops at 180 million as in DOV's spread sheet.
Although I have learned DOV likes a rose colored tint....LOL. :KO:

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 15:07 #3248

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
The total market cap of the enterprise is $44million? Who is going to invest $45million??? Something big better happen soon or CYTX is going to be a sad sad memory for all of us. Honestly this mess doesn't deserve to live on. I am just sad because in my gut I think the science has the potential to help fight disease. I do hope the science lives on even if CYTX dies. Money will be lost but if lives can be saved or enhanced then the endeavor will have at least been somewhat of a success.

Guess the size of the offering 23 Jan 2015 15:41 #3249

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Correct fatboy...I think of BinE's comment as an example of finally getting past the cash issue.
I still feel the best mix to look at right now is a offering and hope the $.5571 warrants can be exercised in a timely manner as the next steps.

Guess the size of the offering 24 Jan 2015 02:32 #3250

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Fatboy, you don't think KT Lim would like to put 45 million on the table right now and own over 50% of the company? Think again !!

Guess the size of the offering 24 Jan 2015 19:21 #3253

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
K T Lim just passed on a opp. to invest here cheaply.
Why would he invest in this next round ?

Guess the size of the offering 25 Jan 2015 02:40 #3254

• belgiumineurope
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Did he receive the opportunity to?
If so, then we're in deep doo doo because if he doesn't believe in it anymore, nothing will happen in China.

When you have 8 mio shares at 3 dollar and you're a billionaire, wouldn't you want to buy a boatload of shares at 50 cents of something you believe will be huge and for which you have nice geographic exclusivity rights?

Very strange.... and certainly not a good sign.

Guess the size of the offering 25 Jan 2015 19:23 #3255

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***Did he receive the opportunity to?***

I guess only K T Lim can answer that for sure but why would any company not ask their biggest monetarily invested partner, whom they expect to develop 5 new markets, that we will be raising funds to continue, would you like to be a part of it ? Of course we are talking Cytori...so who knows.

Even if he did say no....not necessarily all bad as the still will be spending a fair amount to develop these new markets. It still would have been nice if he did decide to further invest and I can agree it does raise some questions.

I am thinking we will know the next financing leg by the end of March if not sooner. :cry:

Guess the size of the offering 25 Jan 2015 20:53 #3257

• Wall Street Titan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
Don't forget they still have an active ATM that allows them to sell shares to the market in smaller increments.

Guess the size of the offering 25 Jan 2015 22:59 #3258

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Very true but so far no news has been moving the PPS.
They also could have used this at much higher prices but refused to do so. Why ?
A lot of this stuff really makes you wonder what is really going on.
:bash:

Guess the size of the offering 25 Jan 2015 23:33 #3259

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
BinE
One last possibility...At this point K T Lim may want his ownership to slip below 5%. CYTX seems to working on making that happen relatively soon.

Certainly allows much more freedom.

Guess the size of the offering 26 Jan 2015 11:16 #3260

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
I agree Hedge,

"A lot of this stuff really makes you wonder what is really going on"

This company is an enigma. I can't figure out if they are totally astute and have a strategic plan for themselves, or if they are completely out of it and squandering years of work and the hopes of many?

Yet CYTX seems to "march" on. As I have said before, "if I was not losing so much damned money this would be an interesting story".

Guess the size of the offering 26 Jan 2015 11:52 #3261

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
***if I was not losing so much damned money this would be an interesting story". *** :write:

Quote of the decade...LOL !

Maybe that's the way back fatboy...write a screenplay and sell it to get back our investment. :grin: :evil:

Guess the size of the offering 26 Jan 2015 12:52 #3263

• mr5874
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
If you need an assistant writer, I will be happy to contribute. My appox. 150,000 shares at close to an 80% loss should count for something.

:bash:

Guess the size of the offering 26 Jan 2015 12:53 #3264

• brisauto1964
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Fatboy, I agree with Hedge! Your statement was definably the MOST concise MB comment EVER made regarding CYTX and it's investors "Psyche" . Thousands of posts by hundreds of people melded into a simple sentence. PERFECT!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites