Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Natural health information i.e. nothing related to popping pills , but genuine stuff without deadly side effects
  • Page:

TOPIC: Interesting Reverse Aging Study

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 06 Sep 2019 16:59 #13209

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
The Independent: Biological age of humans reversed by years in groundbreaking study, scientists suggest.

www.independent.co.uk/news/science/biological-clock-ageing-turn-back-reverse-study-new-a9094261.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 07 Sep 2019 11:40 #13210

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
Yes- that is interesting and right up my alley.
Basically, I think a lot can be done to influence healthy aging, possibly even improving (is that reversing?, I do not think so) certain markers that are used i.e epigenome changes to compare folks with each other or track in time.

I personally think that a healthy lifestyle accompanied by a positive attitude towards deserving things and beings, i.e. recognition, loving, caring -all in all, call it avoiding stress and agony are the basics in being able to switch one´s DNA away from one´s genetic inheritance. That is the basics of epigenetics and drugs are not likely to help very much unless they are natural substances and not hormonal replacements.

Key for me is a healthy para sympathic nervous system and a healthy innate immune system, being probably the major reasons to control life in a positive way and who knows - in the same process improve the epigenome. :grin:

N.B. The article carefully avoided mentioning what "drugs" were used- interesting.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 07 Sep 2019 14:31 #13211

• Wall Street Titan
  • Wall Street Titan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 09 Sep 2019 06:57 #13212

• fas
Yeah- I think you mentioned that before, but to be honest I have not yet found the time to read it and probably will not in the near future.

But- than again- whats is written in the introduction of the book has my wholehearted approval and agreement and pretty much agrees what I wrote above-

THE TELOMERE EFFECT reveals how Blackburn and Epel's findings, together with research from colleagues around the world, cumulatively show that sleep quality, exercise, aspects of diet, and even certain chemicals profoundly affect our telomeres, and that chronic stress, negative thoughts, strained relationships, and even the wrong neighborhoods can eat away at them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rongside

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 09 Sep 2019 07:17 #13213

• rongside
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196
Here is something that I found very interesting.

www.ted.com/talks/matt_walker_sleep_is_your_superpower

I believe that good sleep is not a result of a stress free life, but rather a precondition for one.

I am reminded of my grandfather who experienced a harder life than most people can imagine,
He lived to 93, and died while digging up his vegetable garden for new season planting. (I personally believe his pacemaker battery gave up before his body did).

He was fit and acitve till the day he died. His diet was balanced and filled wih fresh produce. He watered down his wine, but drank a glass every day. But it was his regular sleeping patterns that I recalled after listening to this presentation. Those of a village/peasant farmer ........ early to bed early to rise. Physical labour was not a burden, it was life........ he slowed down, but never stopped working.

So good night .... shooting for a solid 8 hours of ''hypnos''

Interesting Reverse Aging Study 09 Sep 2019 08:55 #13214

• fas

So good night .... shooting for a solid 8 hours of ''hypnos''

Absolutely- that is so true. And actually what I meant with the importance of the para-symphatic nervous system being so important, which is basically the human ability to switch off its systems and let them go through its reparation phases. Actually a lot of pharma drugs (without you knowing) aim at improving that.
I will give you a real life example- some of you will remember my dedication to a professional baseball team in Oakland. Their live games at home (both day and night games) are normally played during my resting cycle from 10 pm to 6 am European Central time. Nowadays, I turn myself in after watching a half hour in the evening, despite this dedication and what is more- when I wake up at 5.30-6.00 am, I switch my computer off, since they are normally still playing at that time, thereby avoiding the stress I perceive, when watching a highly competitive game. Since I think, that is highly unhealthy- the stress, I mean.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites