Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Site disturbance

Site disturbance 15 Feb 2016 06:31 #6380

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1116
I will be making some changes to the site and its structure in the next couple of weeks, together with software simplifications.

Some changes could disrupt the normal operation of the site for a few hours or longer, but do not worry, in case I screw up, I will have back-up´s made and have trained myself in restoring websites... :grin: :grin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Site disturbance 15 Feb 2016 08:41 #6384

• cytxer
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I just posted something about DOV, if you cut me off then you cut me off.

If you guys are suggesting that this company has a chance of survival, then I have a bridge to sell those folks as well.

I will be sitting back and enjoying this nonsense without collecting ugly Karma.

Good luck with all that.

Peace :bye:

Site disturbance 16 Feb 2016 11:44 #6407

• fas
For a couple of days only the lodge and the blog section will be available. :grin:

The navigation on the rest of the site was a bit of a mess and will be built from the bottom up from available content. I am taking this rather easy and relaxed, so it helps if you just stay in the lodge and keep away from the rest.

Last week I transferred the whole site to my computer for doing the repairwork at home, but the XAMPP server does not have the capability of the provider, so that did not work and i want to do the change on the live-machine and not have more head-ache with a work-environment here. :whistle:

Anyway- most of it is al"ol stuff garbage " anyway... :joy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman, fatboy

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Site disturbance 21 Feb 2016 10:15 #6462

• fas

fas wrote: For a couple of days only the lodge and the blog section will be available. :grin:

The navigation on the rest of the site was a bit of a mess and will be built from the bottom up from available content. I am taking this rather easy and relaxed, so it helps if you just stay in the lodge and keep away from the rest.

Last week I transferred the whole site to my computer for doing the repairwork at home, but the XAMPP server does not have the capability of the provider, so that did not work and i want to do the change on the live-machine and not have more head-ache with a work-environment here. :whistle:

Anyway- most of it is al"ol stuff garbage " anyway... :joy:

As you might have noticed- the navigation is OK again. Key thing here- I am planning on "starting writing" again, since I believe we are gonna be all right going forward. I have to stress- I cannot revamp the content- that comes at a later date, when I will edit stuff to bring it up-to-date with latest knowledge.

At present all changes are simply technical -also accommodating all screen resolutions i.e. becoming responsive for all screen sizes and gadgets.

I will ditch the blog software, which blog articles will be converted into K2 items. The application platform will re-surface at a later date on Fat-cell.com. :grin:

The next two and also remaining categories, will be Cytori-The Company and Media & Charts- thats it. :winky:

Site disturbance 24 Feb 2016 14:06 #6473

• fas
Hi all :yep:

I am now 60% or so completed on the technical side of the site (taken it still......very easy and relaxed)....and switched off the blogging software (Chinese origin) which really improved the performance of the site. :nice:

With a 14$ monthly hosting fee I am beating 57% of all sites tested in speed... not bad I would say :whistle:

There is still room for (a lot) of improvement, but content now is my primary focus- I find Cytori is doing rather well (besides PPS)- that means I have to keep up with them :grin:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: belgiumineurope, Joncon63, d9dozrman

Site disturbance 29 Feb 2016 09:37 #6498

• fas
Just a quick status report-

The navigation looks perfect to me now. All site URLs are kept by two different routers- one for the Lodge- powered by the Kunena forum itself which uses core Joomla router tech and the other one by Sh404SEF, which is a software which converts Joomla URLs into search engine friendly URLs. Actually- both look pretty much the same now and you can read them now, since I deleted abbreviations. Only difference between the sets are ID numbers for category and topic in the Lodge. I thought that would not make sense to add an article ID to the rest. :yep: The large search engines already have indexed my new sitemap XML files.

Next step is going through the content and updating the stuff, which I will document in update notes within the articles. At the same time making the images "responsive" - i.e adapting to % container size versus fixed pixel size.

When there is major news- you can expect articles again- I personally give good chances to a European Scleroderma partner- a Japanese Vascular partner and even an US OA/ortho partner- and knowing Hedrick as super-conservative- he would not take profitability 2018 in his mouth, when the revenues were (still) as disappointing like they always used to.be.. :whistle: :bye:

Anyway- we will know some more on Thursday...

To: DOV and Rongside... I wrote both of you a Private Message -you see it at the top right hand side, when you log in... :yep:

To: all - you can use that system - private message if you are a subscriber to the site- dont hesitate to do so.. :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Site disturbance 29 Feb 2016 09:57 #6499

• fas
Oh yeah- Almost forgot.

I extended my subscription for 2 years for some professional software in respect of newsletters, since that kind of, is also on my mind and is a quick way to get in touch with folks, without having to write big stories.

You will find a small module soon, which allows you to subscribe to my (forthcoming) newsletter. Do NOT subscribe if you are already a user of the site- but guests who can only read are encouraged to register for the newsletter. :cool:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites