Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 20 Sep 2016 09:44 #7695

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
Regulars will have noted that I switched from developing fat-cell.com to my own site Young-foxes.com. Some of the recent blog posts are very important if you want to understand why obesity, type 2 and cardiac issues are reaching epidemic proportions all across the globe.

I assure you- all that stuff is hard facts and I know it from the guinea pig himself- me. :cool:

Anyway- I need some help in decision making - Young-foxes has a Kunena Board, which is the latest version- 5.1 . The Raccoon Lodge is 4.11 or so- so not the latest and in order to keep up I think I have to upgrade at some point in time- the question is now or in 6-9 months or so, since there is quite a difference in lay-out. The 5.1 version has no "own Kunena template" any longer and is pretty much without "boxes" and "lines".

If anybody has time- please let me know what you think- I made some hap hazard posts just to give an impression-

linke : Foxes Board

You even can log in- I transferred the whole user database inclusive encrypted passwords. :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 19 Oct 2016 05:59 #7792

• fas

fas wrote:
Anyway- I need some help in decision making - Young-foxes has a Kunena Board, which is the latest version- 5.1 . The Raccoon Lodge is 4.11 or so- so not the latest and in order to keep up I think I have to upgrade at some point in time- the question is now or in 6-9 months or so, since there is quite a difference in lay-out. The 5.1 version has no "own Kunena template" any longer and is pretty much without "boxes" and "lines".

If anybody has time- please let me know what you think- I made some hap hazard posts just to give an impression-

linke : Foxes Board

You even can log in- I transferred the whole user database inclusive encrypted passwords. :nice:

Since nobody had an interest except Fatboy, I decided myself. Yesterday was upgrade time for Joomla! - that is version 3.6.3 now and that version works nicely, with the 5.0.2 version of the Kunena board app and php 7. 11.:yep:
Anyway- after working with this version a bit, I must say, I see it as a major improvement- everything is more flexible and has added features. Spend some time on it by just trying out all the features.
Would be nice if all the regular posters adopt an avatar from the available choices or from their own collection- all you need to do is login- hit the profile button- select edit (button up on the right) and than avatar. Do not forget to save :nice:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 19 Oct 2016 16:21 #7796

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Fas, I dislike this new format - were you forced to change for system reasons? - how does one access the smileys on responses?

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 20 Oct 2016 01:34 #7797

• fas

rodney.strongg wrote: Fas, I dislike this new format - were you forced to change for system reasons? - how does one access the smileys on responses?

I am sorry to hear that :grin:

But I think you will get used to it- versus the old format, its only lacking the "boxes"- rest is similar but improved navigation and other things. The smileys are all in a modal now. Just click the smiley at the end of the toolbox- a modal pops up and you select your smiley.:yawn:

You even get a preview function now- so you can view what your post is gonna look like before you post :vegas: wow

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 20 Oct 2016 05:16 #7798

• rodney.strongg
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
I will get use to it - keep up the great work.

You look great in the picture with the hat - you should use that exclusively. :yep: :yep:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtpinman

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 21 Oct 2016 10:49 #7802

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas,
Maybe I am missing something but I don't see the date for the posts? Do you have to click on something or is it there and I am just missing it?

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 21 Oct 2016 11:44 #7803

• mtpinman
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I agree! This board is only opportunity for valid discussions on Cytori and stem cells.

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 21 Oct 2016 12:59 #7804

• fas

fatboy wrote: Fas,
Maybe I am missing something but I don't see the date for the posts? Do you have to click on something or is it there and I am just missing it?

No- you do not seem to be missing something- it is not there.

Than again- this is the new version with the "old" configuration. I have not looked at the new variables of config yet. Will do so in the week-end sometime. There is a problem with the search utility too....but that is progress for you, never comes smooth...:grin:

Anyway- we are not alone- Kunena is big ...really big and has hundred thousands of users- they will find the best solutions, surely.

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 22 Oct 2016 11:26 #7808

• fas
I think I made great progress with the design of the Board. Hedge will be pleased that posting is clearly visible now, also for "almost blind folks" and that the "boxes" are back- albeit, with a very subdued border color in order to make it "distinguished" .

mmmm

Now the smileys are creating issues, so more work is to be done.

The dates are there als for Fatboy, but their font color is not what I want and so the info is hiding between IP number and post number at this point - we will get this fixed in due course too.

Stay with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: myownhedgefund, rodney.strongg

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 27 Oct 2016 11:24 #7842

• fas

fas wrote: I think I made great progress with the design of the Board. Hedge will be pleased that posting is clearly visible now, also for "almost blind folks" and that the "boxes" are back- albeit, with a very subdued border color in order to make it "distinguished" .

mmmm

Now the smileys are creating issues, so more work is to be done.

The dates are there als for Fatboy, but their font color is not what I want and so the info is hiding between IP number and post number at this point - we will get this fixed in due course too.

Stay with me.

Smiley´s are working now- and actually that date issue, was not an issue- xx days, yy minutes ago, is a time and date too :grin: , only one has to calculate, which is not all that easy , I admit.

Anyway- I feel ready for a new Cytori area- question is, when is Cytori ready?

I feel some pride to the stat that I got today- :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Young Fox

Young-Foxes and Raccoon Lodge 29 Nov 2016 09:41 #8098

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Thanks for the dates. They are a bit hard to read but they are there and I can see them.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites