Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Page load speeds blistering fast!

Page load speeds blistering fast! 03 Feb 2014 07:55 #1277

• d9dozrman
  • d9dozrman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
fas, don't know if you have been doing any web tinkering the past few days. Just an FYI, page load times for my ipad have never been faster and speeds as low as .177 secs and most are in the mid 2 second range. Did have some access troubles last week, could have been on my end, but all is fine again. :cool:

d9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Page load speeds blistering fast! 03 Feb 2014 08:54 #1278

• keysman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree . Speed is noticeably faster today. I switched to Firefox three weeks ago and solved all my problems with this site. I am not mobile. Just using a PC.

Page load speeds blistering fast! 03 Feb 2014 10:20 #1280

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Yes- you guys in the US are closest now to the server where the content is coming from. I think- since two weeks or so, I have all the performance goodies switched "on" at Siteground and they are they best for Joomla CMS what I am using. :cool:

Fat-cell.com is in the same account- so should be fast for you too.

I have been spending a lot - actually a whole lot of time, learning from these Siteground guru´s and applying that knowledge on my new server in Berlin. I have one major step to take, but am very careful with it- that is more for developers than folks like myself, but I think I will do it anyway in 3-6 months.

In the mean time- if you have some spare time in the next couple of weeks- I will writing some stuff on Matt and Okyanos on my cell-treatment.net page, which is on that Berlin server. Speed reports are much appreciated- it runs fine for me in Germany, but would like to know how that is in the US.

Thanks guys. :yep:
The following user(s) said Thank You: keysman

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Page load speeds blistering fast! 03 Feb 2014 11:36 #1281

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi Fas

The last week or so getting 502 "server down errors" even after clearing cache but soon works again.
Otherwise agreee the site is faster
Just a FYI

Look forward to any comments on Okyanos you have to offer when you get the time.

Page load speeds blistering fast! 03 Feb 2014 12:09 #1282

• fas
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1110
Yes Hedge- I was getting them too a few times- means those guys are working on their system most likely, but as you say- just reload the site normally does the job in a second.

My guess is- the speed increase is mainly that they re-adjusted the hosting settings. I do have a shared account there- so am dependent on others and their work too. The cloud server they offer I find too expensive approx. 70$ per month. So that is why I am trying to jack up my Berlin server and become "independent" again... :happy:

Its fun- but rather tricky. :winky:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites