Household affairs and private business
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile version of cytx-investor.com

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 25 Dec 2014 09:35 #2987

• fas
  • fas's Avatar Topic Author
  • May the fat be with you
  • Thank you received: 1115
As the regulars of the site will remember- last year around X-mas, I bought some software - a template designed to make navigation through the site with high-end smart phones a piece of cake. :yep:

Actually I never saw the end result until recently - that is until I acquired a android mini for 50 Euro- the smallest gadget around and probably the least fancy (I do not need that stuff really).. :cool:

I must say- I liked what I saw- my own templates are responsive i.e. switch to mobile or tablet if the site is called by these devices, but this software makes everything very readable and legible. :write:

Google seem to think that way too.... since I checked one of their developers features today----

So- this post as a reminder- when travelling you can always comfortably enter the Lodge .... :grin:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: d9dozrman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 26 Dec 2014 06:47 #2990

• fas
In view of my "own" access of the mobile version, I did change the access- or entry page to the Lodge to:

Recent entries

Meaning- without having to use your bookmarks- you hit the navigation bar- than select the "raccoon lodge" and see the latest entries, which is my mainly used book mark on all other devices.

And of course- Chrome users know that Google/Chrome beta- really synchronizes EVERYTHING....inclusive Google play apps and chromecast. :grin:

There might come a time that everything "smart" I own is either made by Google or Samsung... :KO:

Board moderator and Site-owner. I still regret the day I started analysing the prospects of MacroPore (now Cytori) back in 2004- a left-over from the tech-bubble at that time from the century change in my portfolio- and became addicted to Cytori´s fat cell technology. :cry:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 27 Dec 2014 03:44 #2993

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
I can't seem to actually find the category display on my phone now... nor can I tell my phone to give me a desktop version now. It's all mobile. :/

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 27 Dec 2014 04:29 #2994

• fas

I can't seem to actually find the category display on my phone now..

That is correct- I though "recent" was better than "index". I provide both now.

nor can I tell my phone to give me a desktop version now. It's all mobile. :/

You must have touched the "select markup" button. I changed the text of that button to "select mobile or desktop". hats clearer. :bye:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 31 Dec 2014 15:10 #3018

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for those options.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 04 Jan 2015 14:26 #3057

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Did something change again? The mobile site is now a mess with a lot of ads and I can't get to the forum part.... just gets me to random twitter posts.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 04 Jan 2015 16:02 #3058

• fas
Yes- I did make - what I thought was- further improvements.

At the very bottom of each device view- be they, desktop, tablet or mobile device- one can change between the different views.

It works on my devices nicely- desktop- android tablet and mobile. Mind you - I am happy Google adsense works on your device, maybe somebody takes a heart and clicks an ad occasionally.

These Fucking idiots that want everything for free and think life comes for free are getting really on my nerves. :vegas:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 05 Jan 2015 22:08 #3076

• myownhedgefund
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 202
Correct Fas...this site is not costless to you.

I try to click something every month or two....found two ads today worth exploring...every little bit helps. :winky: :grin:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 06 Jan 2015 05:00 #3077

• fas
Thanks Hedge.

I think that is just about right. I have about 600-700 regulars i.e. returning visitors on this site with x-hundreds or thousands depending on god knows what- occasional visitors that just happen to pass my site.

If half of those regulars would click 4x per year or once a quarter I would be a happy camper and have some motivation to develop my other sites. At present there are only about 10-15 who do that. :whistle:

Anyway- CYTX at 40$ would make a happy camper also. Actually in 2011 I believed that would happen pretty soon. Now- certain conditions need to be fulfilled. :yep:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 06 Jan 2015 09:57 #3080

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Fas,
I promise to click on at least one link a day. :joy:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 06 Jan 2015 10:24 #3081

• fas
Fatboy-

I know this is well meant and therefore appreciate your willingness to help.

Google is well organized though and by the third day your click will be pretty worthless.

The key is occasionally and preferably an ad that has your interest, but NOT regularly for the sake of it... :bye:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 06 Jan 2015 10:36 #3082

• fatboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
Gotcha! I can play that game. Thanks for the heads up. I am clueless regarding internet advertising and monetization.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 06 Jan 2015 13:36 #3093

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Looking with Chrome Beta for Android here.

The site is currently a horrible mess from that browser. It is not just one ad, but several, and the HTML looks extremely erratic.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 11 Jan 2015 10:03 #3142

• fas
Just to inform you- so that we are all on the same page- I threw out all Mobile Joomla software from the page including the template for mobile devices.

Reason being - those guys are terribly expensive- 150$ annually for only ONE site!!! I do not want to pay that since my own template i.e. the things you see with your desktop or laptop, are also wonderfully presented on any smart or iphone. And on top of that- I plan to have more sites in the future.

What Aga calls "a horrible mess" is just the same information on those mobile devices, but compressed. I.e. my template provides only the header with text and a button for the horizontal menu bar for mobile devices. After that starts displaying the left side of each page before it starts with next sequence- all accommodated and changed to make it legible for mobile users and footers coming at the end.

I like what I see on my (super mini) smart phone with chrome and I do not find the 3 adsense banners (thats what every publisher uses and what google allows on each page) intrusive or a pain in the butt. And I think I do not want to support iMode and WAP and other exotic (Japanese) stuff.

Only issue is that the emoticons "blow up" on a mobile display, which does not look nice.

So - I decided to de-activate that feature for the time being. I do not think that will be for ever, since I am working on my local server on another solution, which is cost-friendly i.e. for free, but requires some work.

Everything else- i.e. attachments- images , video´s etc etc remains unchanged.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 11 Jan 2015 12:26 #3145

• CalhounDoppelganger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Personally - I am not a big fan of mobile versions of websites. I always opt (if option is easily located) to switch to the desktop version.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 15 Jan 2015 15:24 #3203

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I can't press many of the links much of the time....

The smileys are still there on my phone, blown up huge...

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 15 Jan 2015 17:03 #3204

• fas
Thanks Aga-

This is your first post on my board that is fully correct. Congrats :happy:

But I am aware of that. The responsiveness of my own template is not perfect for mobile. I have tested now some freebies- as usual they do not work very well.

So I ended up with paid software again.. :cry: , which I am testing on my localhost. You will certainly notice when the stuff is live on this page... :nice:

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 15 Jan 2015 20:33 #3205

• agamemnus
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
:|

Have you tried other forum software like PHPBB3? It is free and very stable. I'm sure there is software to migrate posts as well. Might take some time to get the template just the way you want it, though.

Mobile version of cytx-investor.com 16 Jan 2015 08:32 #3206

• fas
I do not want to try anything else.(but i know PHPBB3 very well- stemcellpioneers.com use it for instance)

This page is Joomla based- Joomla users can do a lot more than just write on a Kunena board. Joomla is always getting better and the security is top notch, thereto very expandable in many different directions.

Believe it or not- I also was responsible for IT in the group where I worked- and made a terrible mistake in opting for some "best of breed" solutions for our information needs. The way to go is connectability and integration like SAP is proving and scalable CMS for webpages.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Copyright Information

Copyright Fas Kuiters © 2016 young-foxes.com. All Rights Reserved.
This page is made with Joomla CMS and its various templates designed by Fas Kuiters with the excellent Themler tool.

Shared Spreadsheet Links

DOV´s Revised Projections for the Periods 2017 until 2020

Shareble link : HERE

Fas Kuiters Websites